Sam Burgess charged from Dogs game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Eat a world of dicks.

Sam Burgess charged for a trip on Tolman.

Misses first Bunnies game!!

No other charges from weekend so far!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He was free to play next game I'm pretty sure.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was free to play next game I'm pretty sure.
South Sydney lock Sam Burgess has been charged with tripping, the only player to attract the attention of the NRL match review committee from the Rabbitohs' victory over the Bulldogs on Friday night.

Burgess was cited for an incident involving Canterbury prop Aiden Tolman in the 47th minute of the contest, and a poor previous record means an early guilty plea would still result in a one-match ban, to be served in 2017.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dude, Graham is getting suspended, Klemmer is possibly getting suspended, and Sam wont miss a game with the guilty plea. Im so over this...blokes trying to kick people, blokes throwing bottles at people. Absolute idiots with zero discipline. Not true Bulldogs.
In an odd turn of events, Sam Burgess has been charged by the match review committee, while Canterbury captain James Graham has gotten off scot-free.

After South Sydney's win over the Bulldogs on Friday night, Graham faced a nervous wait to see if he would be charged by the match review committee (MRC) for lashing out with his boot at Burgess.

But the committee made no mention of Graham, instead charging Burgess for tripping the Bulldogs' other starting prop, Aiden Tolman.

In the 47th minute of Friday's game, Josh Reynolds reefed a bomb into the air and Tolman gave chase, coming unstuck as he passed Burgess.

The MRC on Saturday charged Burgess with a grade-one trip and a poor previous record means an early guilty plea would still result in a one-match ban.

"Any suspension is likely to be served in the end-of-season international matches being played by England, should he be selected in the England squad for the Four Nations, including a Test match against France prior to the Four Nations tournament," a Rabbitohs statement said.

Burgess' charge came after he called on the MRC not to punish fellow Englishman Graham for the attempted kick, for which he was put on report by the on-field referees.

"It didn't get me. I don't want to see him miss any games," Burgess said.

"It's a battle out there and we're both competitive blokes and it's going to boil over. There was nothing in it."

Graham will now be free to take his place in the Bulldogs' sixth-versus-seventh final against Penrith, as will David Klemmer, who was penalised on the field but not charged for a shoulder charge late in Friday's clash.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-03/sam-burgess-charged-james-graham-not/7812130

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dude, Graham is getting suspended, Klemmer is possibly getting suspended, and Sam wont miss a game with the guilty plea. Im so over this...blokes trying to kick people, blokes throwing bottles at people. Absolute idiots with zero discipline. Not true Bulldogs.
Another thread claimed they aren't charged. Regardless agree with you, our players a stupid and Graham as captain is a bit of a fuckwit...never forget that stupid bite incident in the 2012 GF after we had just scored to equalise....stopped all our momentum and were fucked from that point on.

Fuck off Des

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dude Graham's kicking action may have been a bit reckless but i don't think there ever should have been a suspension in it ....I don't think you can penalise for illegal striking when a player doesn't make contact. Is there any sort of precedent for that kind of charge? I haven't really been reading any media about it.

It doesn't much matter. We are playing like crap and it's not like we're going anywhere anyway.... But it seems there had been a big media reaction to this, so I am a bit curious as to whether there is any sort of precedent for a striking charge/ suspension where no contact was made?

As far as Burgess goes, he was as usual up to some dirty tricks himself last night. I can definitely see the funny side of him getting charged when the media have been gunning for Graham.....I didn't see the supposed trip. I wasn't exactly watching too intently last night and was never really feeling a win, so I won't comment on whether he should sit a game out or not.... But I have to chuckle a bit at the irony of the so called victim of the heinous non kick getting done for foul play!

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As far as Burgess goes, he was as usual up to some dirty tricks himself last night. I can definitely see the funny side of him getting charged when the media have been gunning for Graham.....I didn't see the supposed trip. I wasn't exactly watching too intently last night and was never really feeling a win, so I won't comment on whether he should sit a game out or not.... But I have to chuckle a bit at the irony of the so called victim of the heinous non kick getting done for foul play!
You can see it here

https://zippy.gfycat.com/AngryAliveGoitered.webm

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I blew up about that at the game, what a fucking cat

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still wish he planted one on Browns chin

A

Alexander the Great

Why is graham getting suspended?? He made no contact all.ffs

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So prowler tackles are legal ? Cool!
Think we've got ourselves a new game tactic to try out

Status
Not open for further replies.