Official Salary Cap

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eels keep Moses now easily
Not necesarily...it means we can also increase our offer...either way moses is in for a big pay day. Does this mean the Panthers can now also put in a higher bid for Crighton ?

Last edited:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So now all these clubs that were capful now have alot of cash.

moses could literally command 2 mil if he wanted. I’m not joking.

feel for all the players who signed.
If the minimum is 120-150k, you need about 10 players to fill out the squad. This only means an extra star or two. Any club would be stupid to spend 15-20% of the cap on one player.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a higher salary cap should come higher diligence. There still has to be good management to balance squads out. Every player should and would want a certain percentage increase.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was going to put this in the Rugby league section but thought maybe here so more eyes on it and it directly affects our ability to sign Moses.
Capp

Notes;
- Increased to 12.1 million.
- min wage increases to 120k. Presumably up from the 4x 80k figure.
- chicks game increases 154% to 884k a year. Girls are angry that it’s still well short of the mens game.
Chicks in all "pro sports" angry ... I love this take on wnba wage demands...

Only reason the game is even watched is it's forced down our throats.. even then it isn't that popular.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is one way of looking at it, Eels can easily rise to 1.5 and keep him now.

but another way of looking at it is we and the tigers might push the 2 million mark.

it’s a good day in the Moses household.
Talking of ‘rising’ .. I had a firm rise during lunch.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm thinking we knew the Cap was going up hence no announcements. Missing out on Moses might just mean we genuinely might have a chance in enticing the Pommy half. More incentive for him with the cap increase. Let's see. Surely JK and AW didn't go to England to watch the RL World Cup.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm thinking we knew the Cap was going up hence no announcements. Missing out on Moses might just mean we genuinely might have a chance in enticing the Pommy half. More incentive for him with the cap increase. Let's see. Surely JK and AW didn't go to England to watch the RL World Cup.
You would think its not a complete surprise to the inner sanctums of clubs.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clubs were expecting it up over 11 million but not sure by how much.
I think the increase will be more of an effect at bottom end than top end of salaries

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought they said leading up to this that whatever the increase % was would apply to any existing contracts as well. So all contracted players have to get a 25% increase. It doesn’t just apply to contracts signed after the announcement.

Could be wrong but I’m sure Gus even stated that recently.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Vlandys power play, hoping that the players roll over amongst a swell of media and public opinion that they've got such a great deal...

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy how this was kept a secret from the shitbags at daily telecrap! The increase in money will show who really is loyal to the club that they supposedly love playing for