Salary Cap situation 2013 and onwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there would not be a single current player at our club earning more than 400k.

P

Paint.

Pritchard earns 300k according to the cap, with 100k in third party, i think..
You'd think Ennis would be payed quite well... last contract extension was last year, when he was a NSW rep and favourite for our captain position.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
remember the cap will rise next year, and as i see it i reckon we'd be well under the cap anyway.....

Look at some of the other teams in the comp and explain to me how they are under the cap this year.......

Manly have:

Brett Stewart (current NSW rep, former Aust rep)
Glen Stewart (Current NSW rep, former Aust rep)
Anthony Watmough (Current NSW rep, former Aust rep)
Brent Kite (former NSW rep, current Aust rep)
Daly Cherry-evans (current Aust rep)
Kieran Foran (NZ rep)
Jason King (former NSW rep)
Jasmie Lyon (former NSW rep, current Aust rep)
Joe Galuvao (Former NZ rep)
Steve Matai (Former NZ rep)
Matt Ballin (Former QLD rep)
Jamie Buhrer (NSW rep)
David Williams (Former NSW & Aust rep)
Tony Williams (Current NSW & Aust rep)

we only have:

Greg Eastwood (Former NZ rep)
Mick Ennis (Former NSW rep)
Bryson Goodwin (former NSW rep...unsigned although soon to be punted hopefully...dud)
James Graham (England rep)
Dene Halatau (Former NZ rep)
Krisnan Inu (Former NZ rep only on $50,000 this year)
Josh Morris (Current NSW rep former Aust rep)
Frank Pritchard (NZ rep)
David Stagg (Former QLD rep ...unsigned)
Steve Turner (Former NSW rep...unsigned)

Just because they were reps does not mean they have a high value, most of them would have depreciated in value significantly over the years.

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On The Game Plan, they said we would be letting Eastwood go

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
During our downtime, I ventured over to a rival's house. I wont name names, but they start with an "M" and rhyme with "anly".

They're convinced we're handing out the brown paper bags.
The LOLS, there are many.

PS : By keeping the kids here, you keep them away from everywhere else ... *taps nose*
Dumb question Captain but, is there any way of getting notice if the site is down for an extended time like last time (5 Days)?? or was it not a planned shutdown???

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Dumb question Captain but, is there any way of getting notice if the site is down for an extended time like last time (5 Days)?? or was it not a planned shutdown???
Sadly no ...

Outages are executed by "Admin" for varying reasons (fix bugs, add improvements, patch known vulnerabilites, etc) ... occasionally they can give a heads up, but that's depending on why they want to have one, and how long the outrage may take. For the most part the process goes like this ...

- Identify a problem with the forum
- Research a fix and time it takes to implement it.
- Plan a date to execute it, so as not to disrupt the forum too much.

Outside of that, notifying the userbase (while courteous) isn't always necessary if the fix only takes a few hours.

Lets go the other way and imagine the next outage will be 2 days long .... even IF the admin (a) announces it in it's own thread and (b) waited 48hours to shut the place down, a lot of users could still miss out on the heads-up because they haven't logged in to find out the news. Not everyone comes here everyday.

The last outage (from what I recall) was a little "buggy" ... admins tried to implement the changes, but kept having server issues. It sounds like whatever it was, needed to be re-done again and again until it worked. What was supposed to be a short outage became a long one.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sadly no ...

Outages are executed by "Admin" for varying reasons (fix bugs, add improvements, patch known vulnerabilites, etc) ... occasionally they can give a heads up, but that's depending on why they want to have one, and how long the outrage may take. For the most part the process goes like this ...

Outside of that, notifying the userbase (while courteous) isn't always necessary if the fix only takes a few hours.

Lets go the other way and imagine the next outage will be 2 days long .... even IF the admin (a) announces it in it's own thread and (b) waited 48hours to shut the place down, a lot of users could still miss out on the heads-up because they haven't logged in to find out the news. Not everyone comes here everyday.

The last outage (from what I recall) was a little "buggy" ... admins tried to implement the changes, but kept having server issues. It sounds like whatever it was, needed to be re-done again and again until it worked. What was supposed to be a short outage became a long one.
Thank you for your time passing on the explanation CK, now I understand and I appreciate it.

Cheers

Gutty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All these Manly @#$%wits nedd to get over themselves....Des was a Magpie Long before the ******s POACHED him.......T-Rex......POACHED from Parra........The Silvertails need to shut the $%@ up and get on with life !!!!! Long Live The Doggies !!!

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All these Manly @#$%wits nedd to get over themselves....Des was a Magpie Long before the ******s POACHED him.......T-Rex......POACHED from Parra........The Silvertails need to shut the $%@ up and get on with life !!!!! Long Live The Doggies !!!
Lol exactly there a bunch of clowns over there.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sadly no ...

Can you advise on Twitter or Facebook?

Or other Admin advise through social media?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a guess for 2013.

400k and above: Pritchard, T-Rex
350-400k - Ennis, Kasiano
300-350K - Barba, Graham, Hodgkinson, Morris, Stagg, Tolman
200-300K - Keating, Goodwin, Halutau, Turner, Reynolds
100-200k - Payne, Lafai, McDougall, Wright

The rest fit in the below 100k or 100-200k bracket
Thanks for the breakdown that really helps! I do think that Reynolds is probably in the 100-200k bracket atm but he will be up for a big increase when he negotiates his next contract

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the breakdown that really helps! I do think that Reynolds is probably in the 100-200k bracket atm but he will be up for a big increase when he negotiates his next contract
Wasn't he out for the season and off contract when he was last re-signed? He'd be on very little above minimum if that was the case.

However I do agree he will be offered quite a decent increase next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.