Salary Cap....for juniours

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D0ggyStylz

Hey guys, I've been reading about the salary cap and have been made aware that there is no Salary cap for juniour teams, ie. Jersey Flegg etc...

This has allowed teams such as the Roosters to sign player like Jamie Soward for $150,000 a year over 4 years. Another contract is signed with that player for when they make it to first grade thay they will sign for $100,000 less than what their market value is.

NOTE: I DONT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT JAMIE SOWARD IS EARNING, IM JUST USING IT AS AN EXAMPLE. FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD, HE IS GETTING QUITE A BIT....MIGHT ACTUALLY BE MORE OR LESS THAN WHAT I'VE PUT HERE.

This obviously gives teams like the Roosters who have been using this system a big advantage when it comes to the salary cap as it would free up money for other players they want to pursue.

Do you guys think a salary cap should be put in place for juniours to stop this happening? Or do you think that Bulldogs management should wake up to this and take advantage of the loop hole.

Don't forget, when trying to secure the services of a gun juniour, we are no match to what Politis can offer.

Blue Beard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They didn't win the Club Championship by developing the players they had.
They won it through player purchases.
After the Grand Final (jersey Flegg) the Roosters gazumpt the Sharks and stole their best player offering him 10 times more than the Sharkies could....
Definately not a fair system.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah thats old news!!!
its the reason why half the Penrith Juniors and half the south west juniors play for the Roosters

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogaholic said:
Don't forget, when trying to secure the services of a gun juniour, we are no match to what Politis can offer.
Politis isnt that wealthy, Im sure the Caterbury Leagues (and all its associated clubs) make more than enough to counter any offer by Politis.

Maybe we just need to be more aggressive, that being said though I think we have some pretty damn good juniors.

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Its not a fair system, but its 1st grade that counts. If they cant afford to keep them then, it doesnt really matter what the player was paid previously, imo.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
its stupid cause you can pay a 16 year old enough to buy a house a BMW and be able to live with comfort!!!
But when they hit the top grade they have to accept less money and live mainly off the money they made in their junior years

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that it is a bad system but that is the way it is and The Bulldogs should try and take advantage of it like everyone else does and I imagine we do.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
In this case why would all these players in 1st grade want more money when they already got payed more than their worth as juniors????

talk about Greed :whacky:

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its pretty dodgy, Im sure the bulldogs dont do it like the roosters do

otherwise we would of been playing them in the premier league and flegg and sg ball finals. we develop players better then the roosters could ever dare to dream. he might have gotten a few players who used to play us to coach em, but they will never have the dog edge (unless they sign em, they all think gavin lester is tops over there)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldog Power said:
I think its pretty dodgy, Im sure the bulldogs dont do it like the roosters do

otherwise we would of been playing them in the premier league and flegg and sg ball finals. we develop players better then the roosters could ever dare to dream. he might have gotten a few players who used to play us to coach em, but they will never have the dog edge (unless they sign em, they all think gavin lester is tops over there)

apparently Ricky Stuart thinks Corey Hughes is tops... also according to Phil Gould

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
its stupid cause you can pay a 16 year old enough to buy a house a BMW and be able to live with comfort!!!
But when they hit the top grade they have to accept less money and live mainly off the money they made in their junior years
Hey yeh argeed there its bad system put in place

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The Roosters will soon find out the hard way that you can't have everybody. Those Juniors that they have been paying big money to will soon want to play first grade. The roosters won't have a postition to give them and they'll have taken the roosters money and gone on to play for someone else.

These Salary Cap rules only changed 3 years ago, so the Roosters will soon find that all this money they invested is going down the drain as their top reserve grade players leave due to no spots in the top grade team. These high quality recruits want to play first grade.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs Of War said:
The Roosters will soon find out the hard way that you can't have everybody. Those Juniors that they have been paying big money to will soon want to play first grade. The roosters won't have a postition to give them and they'll have taken the roosters money and gone on to play for someone else.

These Salary Cap rules only changed 3 years ago, so the Roosters will soon find that all this money they invested is going down the drain as their top reserve grade players leave due to no spots in the top grade team. These high quality recruits want to play first grade.

yeah hopefully they get a million each playing for the Roosters than accept a 1 dollar a year contract with the Bulldogs that will be great :D

I heard Peewee Moke wants to play for the Bulldogs anyway.... ****ing oath the Bulldogs will have him

D

D0ggyStylz

Bulldogs84 said:
I heard Peewee Moke wants to play for the Bulldogs anyway.... ****ing oath the Bulldogs will have him

Are you serious? I've heard very good things about him

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogaholic said:
Are you serious? I've heard very good things about him

apparently he use to play Rugby League in the Belmore area until the Roosters made him an offer he couldnt refuse.... but underneath that Blue,white and red jersey he wears is really a blue and white jersey!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.