News Saint, sinner, shoosh: Canterbury Bulldogs boardroom drama as former director is disqualified

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even though the paper is a joke I am still astounded that his bosses haven't stepped in told him that he is sounding like a broken record. He is bagging us in every single column he writes.

The old flog just doesn't know when to stop.
He is told to hammer us by his Editor who has editorial control over everything published. All designed to try and destabilise and disrupt Gus and the club.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
get it right Buzz.....NRL stats state 48 missed tackles and oh that's right Cronulla only missed 32.

Ciraldo every right to complain considering the favours his teams opponents received...but hey Buzz don't let facts get in the way of your sensational reporting....

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"It wouldn’t be a footy season without boardroom drama at Canterbury Bulldogs.

Veteran director Gary McIntyre has been disqualified from this weekend’s Canterbury League Club ballot by the returning officer for failing to declare he had been previously banned as a director.

McIntyre was embroiled in the club’s 2002 salary cap scandal and prohibited from being a board member until four years ago.

He was then voted on as an independent after declaring past indiscretions. This time, he failed to, ruling him ineligible.

With McIntyre a late scratching, the son of Bulldogs legend Steve ‘Turvey’ Mortimer is challenging for a position as an independent.

Andrew Mortimer is an impressive candidate with a strong history and expertise in sales.

“I’ve always been passionate about the footy and league club,” Mortimer said.

“I want to help the club continue to grow.”View attachment 104310
Former Director of Bulldogs Rugby League Club Gary McIntyre. Picture: Craig Greenhill

The challenge for licensed clubs these days is building revenue away from poker machines.

“There’s always pressure from governments on pokies money and we need to keep looking at new revenue opportunities,” Mortimer said, “I’ve got a few ideas around that.

“My interests are long term for both the league and footy club. To help ensure the long-term security and future of the club with different strategies to bring in other revenue.

“The pokies are the engine room but all clubs are looking at other alternatives.”

The League Club elections will not have an effect on footy operations.

However, following the recent dismissal of popular footy club chairman John Khoury, there are suggestions members will call an EGM if the NRL side continues to struggle.

The new chairman Adam Driussi was placed into the position in a boardroom coup to replace Khoury despite never being elected as a director at a members’ ballot."
ZZZ ZZZ

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rothfield clutching at straws again.

Club should just sue his arse into oblivion.