Saint, Sinner, Shoosh: Botched Bulldogs’ bluff revealed

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Buzz wrote it so The Kennel will disregard it

Pretty embarrassing stuff though, making up quotes to try and fire us up. The sad thing is it just ended up making us play even shitter. We could not even fire up with that. concerning

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone post the article so we don’t have to click on the germ..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t subscribe to the DT, but I do get their articles through Apple News so here yez go - as usual a whole lot of nothing from Fill Ma Flagon:

Canterbury have been exposed over an embarrassing leak – and an even more bizarre bluff that blew up in their faces.

The Canterbury Bulldogs are going to desperate lengths to pump up their underperforming players – even if it means fabricating quotes from rival teams.

Two weeks ago we were leaked a picture of a sign stuck on the wall from inside the Belmore dressing sheds before they played the Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium.

There were ‘quotes’ from Adam O’Brien, Jackson Hastings and Phoenix Crossland, talking down the Bulldogs in the hope it would motivate the Canterbury players.

Jackson Hastings on the 66-0 win over the Bulldogs earlier in the season: “It was like a training run.”

Adam O’Brien on Bradman Best being injured: “He probably could play Sunday but we didn’t think it was worth the risk.”

Phoenix Crossland: “A home final would be insane. I’m sure it’s in the back of everyone’s minds.”

Turns out these ‘quotes’ were a complete fabrication. Someone at the Bulldogs actually made them up.

Not that it helped either. They were flogged 42-6.

It’s interesting in that the Bulldogs are now conducting an inquiry into how the sign was leaked to this masthead.

Coach Cameron Ciraldo is also trying to find the person from inside the Bulldogs who leaked to us that Tevita Pangai Jnr was walking out on the club 10 days ago.

It was embarrassing for the Bulldogs because when your columnist broke the story not even chief executive Aaron Warburton or chairman John Khoury were aware of what had happened.

The irony is that the Bulldogs are such experts themselves at selective media leaking.

Especially Gus Gould and his stablemate at Channel 9 who is regularly getting drops on the few positive stories out of Belmore in another forgettable season.

This one about the sign and the quotes is one they didn’t want out.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s interesting in that the Bulldogs are now conducting an inquiry into how the sign was leaked to this masthead
How come in every article written now every would be hack journo has to refer to themselves as a "masthead"

I guess it makes them sound intelligent or professional but as soon as i see the word masthead I think about someone's head on the mast of a ship

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How come in every article written now every would be hack journo has to refer to themselves as a "masthead"

I guess it makes them sound intelligent or professional but as soon as i see the word masthead I think about someone's head on the mast of a ship
The masthead is the publication, not the scribbler but I agree it sounds ponsy and pointless.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah well. Never ending bagging and singling out of the club and Gus by Drunkfield and Daily Telucrap. Same same.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t subscribe to the DT, but I do get their articles through Apple News so here yez go - as usual a whole lot of nothing from Fill Ma Flagon:

Canterbury have been exposed over an embarrassing leak – and an even more bizarre bluff that blew up in their faces.

The Canterbury Bulldogs are going to desperate lengths to pump up their underperforming players – even if it means fabricating quotes from rival teams.

Two weeks ago we were leaked a picture of a sign stuck on the wall from inside the Belmore dressing sheds before they played the Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium.

There were ‘quotes’ from Adam O’Brien, Jackson Hastings and Phoenix Crossland, talking down the Bulldogs in the hope it would motivate the Canterbury players.

Jackson Hastings on the 66-0 win over the Bulldogs earlier in the season: “It was like a training run.”

Adam O’Brien on Bradman Best being injured: “He probably could play Sunday but we didn’t think it was worth the risk.”

Phoenix Crossland: “A home final would be insane. I’m sure it’s in the back of everyone’s minds.”

Turns out these ‘quotes’ were a complete fabrication. Someone at the Bulldogs actually made them up.

Not that it helped either. They were flogged 42-6.

It’s interesting in that the Bulldogs are now conducting an inquiry into how the sign was leaked to this masthead.

Coach Cameron Ciraldo is also trying to find the person from inside the Bulldogs who leaked to us that Tevita Pangai Jnr was walking out on the club 10 days ago.

It was embarrassing for the Bulldogs because when your columnist broke the story not even chief executive Aaron Warburton or chairman John Khoury were aware of what had happened.

The irony is that the Bulldogs are such experts themselves at selective media leaking.

Especially Gus Gould and his stablemate at Channel 9 who is regularly getting drops on the few positive stories out of Belmore in another forgettable season.

This one about the sign and the quotes is one they didn’t want out.
Another DrunkenField bedtime story, watch the Doomers and Gloomers jump on it :laughing:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How dare the club lie and use fake signs to motivate players, I’ve been a fan of this club for over 30 plus years this has to be the worst thing ever.
Fuck you Gus and CC sack the whole club.
I’ll never support the dogs again.

Fuck off Buzz I love this club till I die.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Funny thing is Trent Robinson or some other coach they gush over did this, they would be saying oh what a genius such a great thinker and all that other bullshit that makes you sick.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah well. Never ending bagging and singling out of the club and Gus by Drunkfield and Daily Telucrap. Same same.
I have previously mentioned this,
It's puzzling why our managements over the years haven't or still reluctant to report the corrupt scum's bias and unfair reporting against our club to the authorities, the likes of FAIR or the Media Tribunal, just two names popped in my head.
Is it too much to ask for fair go ?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's puzzling why our managements over the years haven't or still reluctant to report the corrupt scum's bias and unfair reporting against our club to the authorities, the likes of FAIR or the Media Tribunal, just two names popped in my head.
It seems it’s only some of our fans getting worked up over it and to the rest of us and the club it’s just water off a ducks back tbh

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah understand what you're saying but as long as we are a messed up club and such accomplished losers then we don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Won't have any credibility until we start picking the best players we have and in their correct positions and start a winning culture with better players. Until that happens we will be the brunt of all jokes and bad sensationalist publicity. Hopefully its not for too much longer but some do get amusement out of our predicament lol

Last edited: