Saddam Gets Hanged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
Yep thats spot on kurry. Should of let him rot in prison, no human should have the right to take the life of another human unless they really had to.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
you know who really makes me sick? Every single one of those ****wits in Auburn and where ever else..

Let's see how good life will be without Saddam...

May he R.I.P...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope they throw his corpse in the dirt and ride over it on motocross bikes,the filthy dictator had no mercy for his victims,his evil was there for all to see,anyone in Australia who supported him should go back to Iraq and look at the dead children in the street from bomb blasts.

M

Mr Miyagi

I hope they throw his corpse in the dirt and ride over it on motocross bikes,the filthy dictator had no mercy for his victims,his evil was there for all to see,anyone in Australia who supported him should go back to Iraq and look at the dead children in the street from bomb blasts.
Heavy stuff

M

Mr Miyagi

Executioners taunted Saddam: video
Sunday Dec 31 17:00 AEDT
Saddam Hussein's Shiite executioners sent him to the gallows with a final mocking taunt, chanting the name of one of his most bitter opponents as they readied his noose and filmed the scene.

In video footage of the execution, apparently captured on a mobile phone and spreading across the Internet on Sunday, members of the party carrying out the Sunni leader's hanging can be heard chanting "Moqtada, Moqtada, Moqtada!"

The reference is to Moqtada al-Sadr, a radical Shiite cleric whose father Mohammed Bakr Sadr and his uncle were murdered by Saddam's agents, and who has risen to prominence since Saddam's fall as a politician and militia leader.

Saddam 'calm' before execution
Saddam appears to react sarcastically to the chant but remains composed in his final minutes. As he drops through the metal trapdoor his last prayer is caught short: "There is no God but God, and Mohammed is his prophet."

Saddam was buried early Sunday in his home village of Awjah in northern Iraq after he was hanged for crimes against humanity, a member of his family told AFP.

"Saddam Hussein has been buried today at 4:00 am (12pm AEDT) in a place that was constructed during his regime in the centre of Awjah," said Musa Faraj, one of Saddam's relatives from the area.

Faraj said the building where Saddam was buried was a hall usually used for condolence meetings in Awjah, 180 kilometres north of Baghdad.

He said the burial was attended by the governor of Salaheddin province, Hamed al-Shakti and Ali al-Nida, chief of Saddam's tribe of Albu Nasir and many other members of the tribe.

Shakti and Nida were part of a delegation that had gone to Baghdad on Saturday to receive the former dictator's corpse after he was hanged.

Faraj said security forces had sealed off the town of Tikrit, the stronghold of Saddam's supporters, since Saturday so that "nobody could participate in the burial" at Awjah, just four kilometres south of Tikrit.

Saddam was born in Awjah, a bastion of the Albu Nasir tribe and part of Salaheddin province. His sons Uday and Qusay, killed by US troops in Mosul in July 2003, are also buried in Awjah.

The former strongman was sentenced to death by an Iraqi court on November 5 for the killing of 148 men and boys in the Shiite village of Dujail in 1982 after an attempt was made there to assassinate him.

The death sentence was confirmed by a judicial panel on December 26, and carried out at dawn on Saturday inside a former torture centre used by Saddam's intelligence service in the Shiite district of Kadhimiyah in northern Baghdad.

Iraqi Shiites, persecuted during Saddam's 24-year rule, feted his demise, dancing and cracking off bursts of automatic fire, while Sunni militants slammed the US-backed government for hanging their hero.

But in the hours after Saddam was hanged, at least 77 people were killed in a series of attacks, mostly against Shiite civilians.

A car bomb exploded in a fish market in the Shiite town of Kufa, and a triple bombing ripped through a Shiite neighbourhood in Baghdad.

Daily car bomb attacks on Shiite crowds in Iraq are usually blamed on Sunni insurgent groups such as Al-Qaeda or the Islamic Army of Iraq, whose members are linked to Saddam's defunct Baath party and his armed forces.

Although it was not clear whether the attacks were masterminded by Saddam loyalists to avenge his death, the abyss of civil strife into which Iraq has sunk since the US-led invasion has cast a shadow over Shiite celebrations.

US President George W. Bush hailed Saddam's execution as "an important milestone" on the road to building an Iraqi democracy, but European countries including US allies criticised use of the death penalty.

Saddam's execution, which came just as one of Islam's most important festivals was beginning, rankled in the Middle East and analysts warned public opinion in the Arab world could turn even further against the United States.

Grainy footage of a grey-bearded and calm-looking Saddam being prepared for the gallows was aired on Iraqi state television and re-broadcast across the Arab world as Muslims began celebrating Eid al-Adha.

Even the West's leading Middle East allies, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, publicly spoke out against the choice of the first day of the Muslim feast of sacrifice to put Saddam to death.

"Generally in the region, people's emotions are already anti-US, and these images will add to that feeling," warned Emad Gad, a researcher with the Cairo-based Ahram Centre for Strategic Studies.

M

Mr Miyagi

Why do Sunni and ****e muslims not like eachother.
Is there adifference in the religion.
I am curious I am always hearing about the fighting but have no education as to what the problem is there ?

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He deserved everything he got.......I agree with Kurry and those who think he should have rotted in jail!!

Im glad he is finally dead though..he was a evil mother****er who didn't care about anyone else but himself.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but the point is there are still dead childrens bodies scarring the streets of countries right aroun the middle east.

saddams regime was not only one man.....his death, i believe, will not stop that innocne being killed.

as i said before....30 people just died in a car bomb because of it? is that justice for the citizens?

M

Mr Miyagi

but the point is there are still dead childrens bodies scarring the streets of countries right aroun the middle east.

saddams regime was not only one man.....his death, i believe, will not stop that innocne being killed.

as i said before....30 people just died in a car bomb because of it? is that justice for the citizens?
Hence my earlier post.
Can anyone who knows explain why their is a dislike between the sunnis and ****e muslims so people like me can understand why all this murder is occuring.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All came about when the Prophet was dying. They asked him who should take over? HE replyed with whoever is closest to me...
Some took it as whoever is literally standing the closest whilst others took it in terms of blood relations...
Sects broke out and there has been tension ever since...
Would that be fairly right Muslims in the house?

Hma

The Emperor
Reaction score
All came about when the Prophet was dying. They asked him who should take over? HE replyed with whoever is closest to me...
Some took it as whoever is literally standing the closest whilst others took it in terms of blood relations...
Sects broke out and there has been tension ever since...
Would that be fairly right Muslims in the house?
close probably the mid point between wat both sects wuld explain happened

i believe the prophet had already appointed imam ali after him on "youm el ghadeer", but while the imam and his family were burying the prophet the rest of the people were busy picking a new leader, while they didnt obey the prophet's will thats how things broke up and different sects began

M

muz

Sunni can be defined as the "oral traditions and interpretations of the Koran" while Shiite comes from the word shia, which means “the party (of Ali).

The major split in Islam is that between the majority Sunnis and the minority Shiites. The split goes back to events in the 7th century.

One of Prophet Muhammad’s (Pbuh) closest companions and first convert to Islam was Abu Bakr. Abu Bakr was the prophet's companion on the journey to Medina in 622. Abu Bakr's prominence in the community was further enhanced by Prohpet Muhammad's (Pbuh) marriage to his daughter A'ishah. After Prophet Muhammad's (Pbuh) death in 632, leadership of the Islamic community was passed to Abu Bakr as the first "khalifat rasul Allah" (Successor of the prophet of God or Caliph).

Some in the community felt that this succession was not legitimate, and that the title of caliph really belonged to Imam Ali (as), Prophet Muhammad's (Pbuh) first cousin. Supporters of Abu Bakr became the Sunnis sect, those of Imam Ali (as) the Shiites sect.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The split between the Sunni/Shia really happend when Imam Hussein (AS) and 72 of his family members and friends were slaughtered in Karbala, Iraq.

Before then a split didnt really exist so much, just disagreement.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
The split between the Sunni/Shia really happend when Imam Hussein (AS) and 72 of his family members and friends were slaughtered in Karbala, Iraq.

Before then a split didnt really exist so much, just disagreement.

if only Koffi annan was around back in those days to broker a peace deal :D

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Me being Iraqi Assyrian I am sad that "Saddam" has been "killed".

BTW

Thats not the real Saddam.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I love you too brother ;)

Man, this guy is the world's number 1 dictator and all they do is tape it on a hot camera phone?

FFS, who you trying to fool?

Status
Not open for further replies.