News Sad time for Kikau

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the footage of the family surprising him for his 100th game this year, it was such an emotional reunion. So terribly sad. I’m glad he is able to be with his family at this terrible time.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It still doesn’t seem possible to me sometimes, that my mum has passed. I’ll remember it out of the blue and think how can it be? The concept seems impossible, it’s strange. We lost her more than 6 years ago. Any mention of someone losing a parent reminds me. We don’t exist without them so it’s understandable, but yeah, it’s very tough especially if you’re close. No matter how long you have them it’s never enough too, but it does make me more sad when someone is under 30 when it happens, like Viliami.
I was 25 when I lost my Dad, 30 when I lost my Brother, 33 when I lost my Mum and 40 when I lost my Son. It is still unbelievable that you can lose so many family members while still relatively young yourself.

Sad for Kikau though.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was 25 when I lost my Dad, 30 when I lost my Brother, 33 when I lost my Mum and 40 when I lost my Son. It is still unbelievable that you can lose so many family members while still relatively young yourself.

Sad for Kikau though.
How you travelling my bearded brother?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sad for Kikau though.
That’s tragic mate. I’m so sorry you went through that. I can’t imagine losing a child (I don’t have kids) but I lost a sibling at a young age so my parents had that experience, which is sad to think about. It still affects me too. Life can be cruel and the reality is, the older you live, the more death you’ll experience. Just got to try and keep their spirit alive somehow, religious or otherwise.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
How you travelling my bearded brother?
I'm going ok brother, but I won't lie i am still struggling with the death of my Son even though it's been several months since his passing. There is a part of me inside that just feels empty. I honestly feel like I won't be the same again. All losses hurt, but your own child is a whole different level. But I'm trying to do my best.

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s tragic mate. I’m so sorry you went through that. I can’t imagine losing a child (I don’t have kids) but I lost a sibling at a young age so my parents had that experience, which is sad to think about. It still affects me too. Life can be cruel and the reality is, the older you live, the more death you’ll experience. Just got to try and keep their spirit alive somehow, religious or otherwise.
As the saying goes, you should never have to bury a child. Within all the losses, my Son has been the hardest to deal with. I am still struggling with it, months on from his passing. It has taken a big part of me while also taking a toll on me in the process. I am doing the best I can do. Coming into Christmas is not going to make things any easier.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm going ok brother, but I won't lie i am still struggling with the death of my Son even though it's been several months since his passing. There is a part of me inside that just feels empty. I honestly feel like I won't be the same again. All loses hurt, but your own child is a whole different level. But I'm trying to do my best.
I won't even pretend to know my bro....

PM me whenever you want to vent or chat or anything.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As the saying goes, you should never have to bury a child. Within all the losses, my Son has been the hardest to deal with. I am still struggling with it, months on from his passing. It has taken a big part of me while also taking a toll on me in the process. I am doing the best I can do. Coming into Christmas is not going to make things any easier.
dont know you dogg, but i have a only son so i cant imagine what you are going through. i dont know what id do if i lost him.
we are here for you mate

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going ok brother, but I won't lie i am still struggling with the death of my Son even though it's been several months since his passing. There is a part of me inside that just feels empty. I honestly feel like I won't be the same again. All losses hurt, but your own child is a whole different level. But I'm trying to do my best.
Hang in there bro. I can’t imagine how awful it must be, but as I said, my parents lost a sibling of mine when I was young and as gutted as they were, eventually they managed to live with the grief. Obviously it will fuck you up, but you can still have a life. It’s only been months for you, so would still be very raw.

It amazes me how some people can manage to endure things like losing a child to murder and sometimes with worse stuff that happened before their life was taken. Like the Morecambes, who started a charity in their son’s name, or the Abdallahs losing several children in one tragic event.

Sorry to be so depressing but I think it can help knowing there’s almost always someone that’s been through worse.