Sack hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well Im happy to see that Barbara is gone.

Hopefully 2014 will be much better for us!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id rather sack the liabilities in our squad before we sack Des. A coach is only as good as his cattle. Some players are over weight, others put more effort in their tweeting than what they put on the paddock and others are just genuine grubs. Lets get rid of or correct the playing personnel who are a liability to our team first and then look at the coach. Sure, Des has made some mistakes, he's human but the season has been crap for us from round 1 with all the off field drama.

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This thread is a joke! Des made a mistake today, however any great coach would've done the same thing. He needed to put Barba in, he thought Barba could provide that spark we needed but it backfired. You can't possibly put all the blame on Hasler for the players fault. Yes he did not put the greatest line up on, but he believed these players could get through.. But you know what i blame the players they came with the intention they would win easily and played with no agression. THEY GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED... Thank you to players like josh reynolds providing some hope for next year!
It's been a year worth of mistakes champ, not just today. Inu has been in the side all year, Barba has been out most of the year. Why the fck change the team up this last fortenight? Where is the logic in that? There has been no aggression from this side all year! Hope for next year? Are you being serious? Have you watched every game the bulldogs have played this year?

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather sack the liabilities in our squad before we sack Des. A coach is only as good as his cattle. Some players are over weight, others put more effort in their tweeting than what they put on the paddock and others are just genuine grubs. Lets get rid of or correct the playing personnel who are a liability to our team first and then look at the coach. Sure, Des has made some mistakes, he's human but the season has been crap for us from round 1 with all the off field drama.
Our liability is off to the broncos next year thankfully

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh is It Des out there missing tackles, not going up in a straight line of defense, losing his way in attack or knocking the ball on in a tackle. Hasler is the best coach we have had in many a season. You clowns who have never thrown a pass want to sack him. **** up and shut up. The players are to blame for the games. Live and learn. we wont compet with the Roosters defense anyway. Did you see that shit. Incredible. Think before you go looking for a head to cut off

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Barba was average today, but I wasn't his fault we lost. Our forwards were soft!
Amen. The one sentence summary of today would be that this season, Eniis, Tolman and Graham have held us together at times and today all three were below par.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Barba was average today, but I wasn't his fault we lost. Our forwards were soft!
To be fair, we were good for 20mins. They we continually did stupid stuff all game and let them have their way with us.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a year worth of mistakes champ, not just today. Inu has been in the side all year, Barba has been out most of the year. Why the fck change the team up this last fortenight? Where is the logic in that? There has been no aggression from this side all year! Hope for next year? Are you being serious? Have you watched every game the bulldogs have played this year?
If that's how you feel why don't you just stop posting and supporting the dogs now? We have had a year affected by every rumor you could think of surrounding one bloke who has in turn ****ed around our team because he's a self serving prick, take the turmoil out of the club and full off season to get everyone's head right and any rifts caused by barba will be gone and they'll be back playing for each other, people are forgetting that this was our first consecutive finals season in 6 or more years. We were coming last in the first 5 rounds with 4 or 5 first graders out and we ended the season 2 or 3 wins behind manly and Melbourne who btw both lost their first finals match

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
LOL are you f*cking kidding me?
Wake up to yourselves you f*cking morons.
The guy has made bad decisions this year, and today's lineup was no different. Yeah that's a given but it doesn't warrant being sacked. That's pathetic.
Yeah we may have high expectations of our team and we have a team capable of more yet we've had a horror season riddled with injuries, drama and speculation.
In the end its Des who coaches the team but the team that delivers. Its not Des who drops the ball and its not Des who milks penalties. Its the players who need to pull up and the attitude tonight was horrendous.
We've removed the cancer that is Ben Barba and we have a new fresh slate to work with.
Head up guys, we don't call for the head of our coach after one f*cking season.

At least we aren't Raiders or the Eels.
I think you were baited Moey lol

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Given all the interruption this season, and been in last place in round 6..and looking to be going backwards at that point in time. I think making the 8 is a good achievement on its own.

To answer what someone had said earlier, I don't think Des has lost the dressing room at all...We were simply out-enthused by a team that wanted to win more, than what we did. The difference was what their senior players dished out today..and what ours did. Looking forward to 2014 now...throw the cheque book at Hayne!

chafstaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
he is directly responsible for this game, a few weeks ago we were matching souths try for try and the team had scored 82 points in 3 games, including 13 tries by the outside backs alone in those 3 games, and we were cruising towards the finals

so what does the genius do, he tweaks with that backline and brings back the showpony/snake into the mix, and the result is the team fold and put in back to back dud games, scoring 11 and 6 points respectively and playing the pitter patter side to side crap again

he got the credit for taking a midfield team to the top, so he should take the blame for then returning that team to the midfield
you can't be serious on sacking Hasler. With what we went throught this year with injuries and suspensions and the barba saga any other team would not make the finals... lets be honest this year from the start looked like it wasn't our year ..
Don't over react cause of your emotions were all hurt inside but we got to face reality we aint good enough this year and it showed today...
we just have to hope we recover for next year and support hasler and the team...
hopefully we can get our hands on Hayne which would be the buy of the season for next year..

chafstaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dck head Des has been protecting T. Williams all year. Why, why fkn why? $600,000+ for what? The club doesn't give a shit about the fans or what we have to say. Us fans come out on a forum to express our disgust in certain players and Des will say that particular player has been playing well. We must be watching different games to Desmond. Fkn wake up!!
I never thought the fans are all nrl experts... if coaches have to listen to the fans there will be half the team getting dropped every week ..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ok ok dont sack hasler, but call him an idiot and that his moves that were meant to enhance our finals situation has knocked us out early with the worst bulldogs finals performance i can remember

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I never thought the fans are all nrl experts... if coaches have to listen to the fans there will be half the team getting dropped every week ..

I just watched a game from the stands. If that doesn't make me an expert then I don't know what does.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sack Hasler, seriously what a ****ing joke, he got us to the grand final last year....what are you going to say next year when we make the grand final........the players simply never turned up for 80 minutes in any game, unless he puts on a jersey & runs out himself seriously there is only so much he can do - the players were great in patches but not once did they deliver for 80 minutes in any game in 2013 so they got what they deserved.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
This is a ****ing retarded thread and the dumbest thing ive ever heard. The players are pretty much the same as last year. Hasler hasn't coached them to play worse, miss tackles and drop balls. That's on the players.

The one cancer that needs to leaves heading north

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wtf? No. I don't agree with sacking coaches when the year itself was a train wreck from Mad Monday 2012 onwards.

And whilst our forwards were poor, we had them for 20. But then along come Kasiano, Finucane & T-Rex. Instead of providing an impact, thy were the poorest and momentum shifted in favour of Newcastle. We could never get it back.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
He took us to gf his first year and his second year he got us to our first consecutive final series in a while, he rolled the dice with barba but how could he have known exactly how soft a cock barba is, wait til next year and I'm sure things will be completely different and he also can't be blamed for players not putting in the aggression needed to win finals football
Apologies Tegga , I think I accidentally thumb you down , but I thumb you up on this same post to make up for it

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta say trex has been hasler's biggest f**k up so far since he took over, what a complete and utter waste of the salary cap. We have young forwards on a quarter of what he is on and would bring nothing less to the team than trex does. I would be tapping trex on the shoulder and saying cya later and throwing that money at hayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.