• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Before they sack the coach i want them to sack the dud players that have plagued this roster like an awful cancer for several years since the trucker was coaching the team.
Hang on, we sacked a bunch last year.

We can’t keep sacking players.

The coach can either coach or not.

We are going backwards, with better players

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe this is what we are talking about.
We looked great until the sin bin.
Some bitter opinions here.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus is overrated.
Don’t disagree with that. But he’ll want to protect his reputation ahead of anything else so he won’t want to walk away with the club in a bad position. At the end of the day moving on Pay and appointing Barrett sits with the previous board, most people were sceptical about Barrett so a fair chunk of blame sits with them.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes I did just merge 4 sack baz threads into this original one, and will continue to do so. That would be about 7 threads in this one now over time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don’t disagree with that. But he’ll want to protect his reputation ahead of anything else so he won’t want to walk away with the club in a bad position. At the end of the day moving on Pay and appointing Barrett sits with the previous board, most people were sceptical about Barrett so a fair chunk of blame sits with them.
That's all he cares about and it's why I feel he hasn't coached in the last 20 years or put his hand up for a position in the NRL despite having the opportunity to do so numerous times, can't hide behind anyone in those positions.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%... the ref fucked our spirit and denied us any chance to get a result.

Can't believe people are blaming the coach or players, the panthers wouldn't have had a chance in our position.
Wow, can't believe this is what we are talking about.
We looked great until the sin bin.
Some bitter opinions here.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus is a smart man. If we move a coach on after one season then only desperate coaches or ones with no experience will come near the club. Sadly that’s why I think Barrett sees out most of this year.
I don’t think this is a good enough reason to stick with a system, a coach etc that is clearly not working,

We know how this is going to end.

Get on top of it now.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think this is a good enough reason to stick with a system, a coach etc that is clearly not working,

We know how this is going to end.

Get on top of it now.
I’m not saying I agree, I just think that’s what Gus will do but who knows.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100%... the ref fucked our spirit and denied us any chance to get a result.

Can't believe people are blaming the coach or players, the panthers wouldn't have had a chance in our position.
Panthers would be good enough to hold Souths out. The ref didn't drop that mid air bomb which led to the Souths no try and another set of six. We're reduced to blaming officials because we're simply not good enough.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Voted to sake Barret, but not sure Flanigan is the answer?

The fact remains that Barret has not improved the team at all since he started. If anything we are worse with better players.

Gould needs to be as ruthless as he was with Cleary and Hook.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had the lead, dominated the ruck and possession and were looking likely to score again... then boom bullshit sin bin and the script is flipped which was 110% intentional by Sutton.

We were the better team by far untilnwe were handicapped
Panthers would be good enough to hold Souths out. The ref didn't drop that mid air bomb which led to the Souths no try and another set of six. We're reduced to blaming officials because we're simply not good enough.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There has to be a board meeting next week to sack Barrett, before we loose the opportunity to sign Shane Flanagan. I’m literally over it. I spoke to someone 2 weeks ago, his a former bulldog heirachy, I can’t mention his name but he was laughing at Barrett and told me he was a dud signing. He gave Barrett until round 8 to survive.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team selections are horrible. Game tactics are shit. Switching players mid game shows that he has no clue. Players already look down on confidence.
He still refuses to fuck off Jacko and JMK.

Patolo was the one that did it for me. Does not belong. Not saying he won’t make it as a first grade player but he is not ready right now.

Goes missing, but at least he had an excuse for that today.

JMK showed glimpses of brilliance but he really needs to be dropped for Cook.

Averillo should be our utility and Schoupp needs to come back in.

I’m nowhere near the best football brain but I firmly believe we haven’t fielded our strongest 17.

We are missing Hetherington as TPJ is causing us issues defensively. TPJ belongs in the middle end of story.

Jacko is not a ball playing lock and I think TPJ would do better in that role. Not sure where Jacko is best fit but I can guarantee you one thing he won’t be dropped. He needs to go to second row or prop as he is killing us at lock in attack.

Anyone agree or disagree?

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The officials need blaming today. Disgrace what was done to us.

The selections and tactics are something within our control which we are clearly not getting right.