• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If people cannot see that we are scoring on par with last year with a VASTLY DIFFERENT SQUAD... with MUCH better players in certain positions.. then you are deadset blinder than Andrew Johns the day after he was ushered into a room full of piss and pingers.

For those who are still not following.. let me lay it out for you.

Different year. Different team. Same coach.
Burton and Addo Carr are/were probably two of the most sought after players in the league…

Add Pangai Jr, Dufty and Vaughan - three high-quality first graders.

Players like Naden and Burns are also good prospects and solid additions to the squad.

I agree this squad is vastly different.

They need time together to improve.

But the question remains - Is Barrett the right person for this job?

I don’t believe so.

The move from Pay to Georgallis to Barrett was not a step up - more a move sideways (some would say a move backwards??)

The quicker management realise that Barrett is not the man to guide us forward, the better. Come to an amicable agreement - Penrith can have him back as an assistant, where he really belongs.

I fear it will be another season in the doldrums of us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The coach has to go. The sooner the better, before the other wooden spoon contenders do it.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let me put it this way...
1. Originally I didn't want TBaz, I preferred to double up Bellamy wage to make sure we get him.
2. Once we signed TBaz he had and still have my full support.
3. He and the rest of the crew are building a new team, while there is a lot of optimism understandably we would still have some disappointments.
NOW my advice for TBaz...
Be brave chance your arm and be smart...Do not let the fear of failure control yours and the teams destiny !

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Youse wanna know the timeline for Baz's tenure, jump on twatter ask Gus and he will tell you.....to get fucked :tearsofjoy:
Would love to do that. but Mr Grumpy Pants banned me, when I told him to find new jokes when the told his do they have drones joke for the 50th time. :tearsofjoy:

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at Brad Arthur Stat's on Eels
It takes 3 years to build a Team. Barrett needs to be judged in 2023. He has baught great players for 2023 to fix our spine. Be patient bulldogs supporters.
2014 12th
2015 12th
2016 10th
2017 4th
2018 16th
‘difference was , he had them playing better then when he took over and they improved from the very first year I believe they were wooden spoon team year before and were a chance to make the 8 near final couple or rounds or so .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
usually the 5 year plan is to compete for a title, our 5 year plan is to finish 12th at the end of the 5th year
Our roster is in a better shape than Penrith's when Gus first got there. Not being in top 8 contention next year is unacceptable with the roster we'll have (Kikau and Mahoney fix our 2 biggest problems imo). This year we should be in contention to miss the bottom 4 (~12th) but I'm not seeing that so far.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz ain’t going nowhere here is why
Phil could and Baz both managed by
Wayne beavis,basically our club has to ride the the full rebuild
Wasnt anthony griffin managed by beavis too? Or may be he wasnt when gus sacked him?

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's just not a coach simple as that his attacking structure just doesnt improve usually when somethings not working you change it up,watch other teams running angles and at holes is just something we dont do we are very lateral and flat,we need to get deaper and have players changing angles at speed ,tavita is wasted running flat and not at pace easy to read for defence,not good enough and not a coaches arese is barret or any of our coaching staff , our coach had his brother giving advice to our halfback at half time for fucksake what would he know and what is he even doing in there

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I’ll give some stats about Brad Arthur
Parramatta coach
2014 12th
2015 12th
2016 10th
2017 4th
2018 16th
Stop talking so much idiots. We are rebuilding. Barrett will have a better side 2023. Be patient for fuck sake.
ill give some stats about some other players that starting coaching but were thrown out and never heard from again

Toovey
2012: 4th
2013: 4th
2014: 2nd
2015: 9th
Result: fired and fucked off

Pearce
2000: 10th
Result: gone despite being as pretty as Barrett

Lamb
2001: 12th
2002: 13th
Result: gone, coaching career done and dusted

The King Wally Lewis
1992: 16th
1993: 16th
Result: removed from his throne

Brad Fitler
2008: 4th
2009: 16th
Result: bye bye, thanks for trying

Dean Pay
2018: 12th
2019: 12th
2020: 15th
Result: he had to pay for the lack of results

Trent Barrett is special and he somehow can continue

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our roster is in a better shape than Penrith's when Gus first got there. Not being in top 8 contention next year is unacceptable with the roster we'll have (Kikau and Mahoney fix our 2 biggest problems imo). This year we should be in contention to miss the bottom 4 (~12th) but I'm not seeing that so far.
You are severely overrating our roster. We still don't have a halfback. Name the last side that has really contended without one? Shane Perry I guess but he had Lockyer next to him. We aren't winning jack your know what without a good halfback. It will not happen.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a quality squad with a rookie coach. This is the problem.
We don’t have a quality squad. Far from it

We have an improved squad from last year but we still lack a good 7 and 9. Plus our 2 highest paid players in Jackson and Thompson are on massive overs .

I don’t think it’s fair to judge us after Melbourne and Penrith. These 2 teams are on another level and have been for the past 2 and a bit years. We were ok the first 3 weeks and with a bit of luck we should have won all 3.

If we are still at the bottom of the ladder mid way through the year Baz will go. It’s that simple. But let’s wait and see how we go when the draw evens out a bit

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We don’t have a quality squad. Far from it

We have an improved squad from last year but we still lack a good 7 and 9. Plus our 2 highest paid players in Jackson and Thompson are on massive overs .

I don’t think it’s fair to judge us after Melbourne and Penrith. These 2 teams are on another level and have been for the past 2 and a bit years. We were ok the first 3 weeks and with a bit of luck we should have won all 3.

If we are still at the bottom of the ladder mid way through the year Baz will go. It’s that simple. But let’s wait and see how we go when the draw evens out a bit
Jackson isn't anywhere near our highest paid player, Jackson's often reported $600k is only $400k due to the long terms/developed played "discount", in fact's it's not even $400k as that includes non cap items eg; car. Plus we would have to pay someone else additional in the Cap for taking over the Captaincy, often $50k to $100k.

Always a Bulldog