• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett has not earned the right to coach the incoming stars. To earn that right, it was one simple task. There is enough talent in the squad to finish 15th and not 16th. It didn't even need exemplary coaching... just competent coaching.

Barrett's coaching has been grossly incompetent this year. People giving him a break don't know what they are talking about. All coaches have setbacks, injuries, and challenges.

People cutting him slack because he's in his first year are denial about the years he was a first grade coach at Manly.

There is *zero* excuse for finishing last... there is zero excuse for not beating even one of the Broncos, Tigers, Cowboys, Warriors...

He must be sacked... people act like belligerence is *never* called for. NO. The club sacks Barrett as a defiant statement that it doesn't care about the optics. Gross incompetence is not accepted.
I agree totally with your comments except for the "zero excuse" for finishing last. We are 3 wins behind the Broncos with only 3 rounds to go having only won twice and could end the season without another win. Nobody expected miracles this year and most saw 2022 as the year we seriously look at making the finals. But everyone expected with some new recruits and the massive coaching staff change including the "attack guru" Barrett we would see "improvement" and a fresh look to the way we play the game.

So my point is, we could actually still win the spoon after winning 4 or 5 games this season and it could been seen as an improvement by both beating the 3 games we won last year and also appearing to be heading in a new direction with our style of play.

Instead we will definitely win the spoon and most likely win less games than last year and also look worse in both attack and defense. I can accept the fact we are getting the spoon, I cannot accept the rubbish delivered by Barrett and his flunkys.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one expected to win the comp with the players we have.
We did expect some players to improve with good coaching and not regress.
We did expect to compete at the lower end and at least avoid coming last with a near record breaking negative for and against.

It's not about taking these ordinary players and winning the comp mate, it's purely about a coach taking or in Barrett's case not taking the players and improving them even slightly and being better than last.
I think we are all forgeting that around 10_12 players are not getting resigned and probably known this for most of the year they simply are not trying nor do they give a fuck and the players that we did sign and are staying next year cant win games on their own effort alone so have no choice but to resign to the fact that they are not going to make a difference,if anyone has played this great game ,i dont care if its park football,and has played in a team where only half the team are putting in,or are worth a pinch of shit,then youd no its like hitting you head against a brick wall and i dont care who the coach is ,when so many things go against you includeing referees,covid bubbles,nrl rule changes that dont suit your type of play,or a completely shit spine,your going nowhere,yes barret has made mistakes and yes some of his coaching is to blame but not even close to the blame of them lazy arse player who couldve fucked off after round one includeing our captain.rant ov

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh yes there will be contracts broken left right and centre if the players find out that the illustrious Trent Barrett won’t be their coach, who is currently the worst in the game both statistically and to the trained eye.

Don’t kid yourself mate, they’re coming here primarily for the $$ and opportunity.
We don’t have a leader on the field. Next year we have 2 - Burton for the backs and Vaughan for the forwards. Massive difference

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We don’t have a leader on the field. Next year we have 2 - Burton for the backs and Vaughan for the forwards. Massive difference
Lol what? None of those players are leaders :tearsofjoy:

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we are all forgeting that around 10_12 players are not getting resigned and probably known this for most of the year they simply are not trying nor do they give a fuck and the players that we did sign and are staying next year cant win games on their own effort alone so have no choice but to resign to the fact that they are not going to make a difference,if anyone has played this great game ,i dont care if its park football,and has played in a team where only half the team are putting in,or are worth a pinch of shit,then youd no its like hitting you head against a brick wall and i dont care who the coach is ,when so many things go against you includeing referees,covid bubbles,nrl rule changes that dont suit your type of play,or a completely shit spine,your going nowhere,yes barret has made mistakes and yes some of his coaching is to blame but not even close to the blame of them lazy arse player who couldve fucked off after round one includeing our captain.rant ov
Some of that is true, but they even though they don't look like it, they are professional football players who are also playing for another contract somewhere else to be picked up by another team and their performance is in their best interest to play as well as they can.
The argument works both ways.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same old tune. Is it the coach or the cattle?

Next year it's his last chance. If we are not at the very very minimum 5 wins from the first 10 games, then I'm jumping on the sack Barrett side.
I really want to give him 10 games next year before I decide. But that's just my opinion. I also believe our squad next year is a good enough squad to not finish less than 10th spot with a possibility to finish in the bottom part of the 8.

If there is one thing I'm critical about with Barrett it's what he bought for 2021. Flanagan & Waddell are absolute duds! Allen not far behind as being a dud. Hethro a big liability but not because of his potential as a player but because of his discipline.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit hard to get players up for a game and fighting hard for every inch when they're either not up to nrl standard or know they're getting the sack at the end of the year.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bit hard to get players up for a game and fighting hard for every inch when they're either not up to nrl standard or know they're getting the sack at the end of the year.
Then if your finding it to hard Trent, step aside and let a good coach do the job:tonguewink:.....oh that's right, you already did that.

Sorry your post sounded like Trent's pressers

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We definately need a new captain next year aswell,because jackson just doesn't cut it,and never has
It doesn't even have to be a captain, just someone that leads on field and doesn't let players lose concentration or slack off. James was pretty vocal for us last week, he was getting into our players to come in and chop the legs during tackles. Little things like this make a difference and shows where we are as a club and playing group.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We definately need a new captain next year aswell,because jackson just doesn't cut it,and never has
Gotta agree with you mate,some players just aren't suited to captaining a side,some are leaders and some are followers,some have a voice and some don't, Nobody can question jacko's attitude and determination but I'm not sure he he stands out as a leader.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one expected to win the comp with the players we have.
We did expect some players to improve with good coaching and not regress.
We did expect to compete at the lower end and at least avoid coming last with a near record breaking negative for and against.

It's not about taking these ordinary players and winning the comp mate, it's purely about a coach taking or in Barrett's case not taking the players and improving them even slightly and being better than last.
I agree to a point. We were widely tipped to get the wooden spoon because of our list. IMO, There is only so much that Trent or any coach can do without a recognised starting 6, 7, 9 or 1. The rest of the team is either past their best or NSW cup standard. Thommo being our only player who cold get a start anywhere else. To make this worse, the rule changes dont allow for teams to compete on effort, the teams with the most talent win and win well. this is why there are so many 50 plus scores and records being broken.

Who are the lower end teams that our team is supposed to compete against? They all have much more talent across the board.

Anyway, I reckon Gus will see what we look like after the first 10 rounds before making any call on the future of Baz.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gotta agree with you mate,some players just aren't suited to captaining a side,some are leaders and some are followers,some have a voice and some don't, Nobody can question jacko's attitude and determination but I'm not sure he he stands out as a leader.
I think he probably is a leader and very respected but just not an on field presence of authority. He doesn't look comfortable in the on field role.

Having said that, the team had been a disaster for years so it would be a nightmare to manage these guys on field.

We need a co-captain for next year who will handle the bad refereeing decisions and revv up the players.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he probably is a leader and very respected but just not an on field presence of authority. He doesn't look comfortable in the on field role.

Having said that, the team had been a disaster for years so it would be a nightmare to manage these guys on field.

We need a co-captain for next year who will handle the bad refereeing decisions and revv up the players.
Being the captain if anything has affected jacko's game massively to much
weight on his shoulders to play his best footy i feel sorry for him,but his form in the last few years has been dismal to say the least

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree to a point. We were widely tipped to get the wooden spoon because of our list. IMO, There is only so much that Trent or any coach can do without a recognised starting 6, 7, 9 or 1. The rest of the team is either past their best or NSW cup standard. Thommo being our only player who cold get a start anywhere else. To make this worse, the rule changes dont allow for teams to compete on effort, the teams with the most talent win and win well. this is why there are so many 50 plus scores and records being broken.

Who are the lower end teams that our team is supposed to compete against? They all have much more talent across the board.

Anyway, I reckon Gus will see what we look like after the first 10 rounds before making any call on the future of Baz.
Nope not true. Sick of people in life staying things that are simply incorrect. We were about fourth in the wooden spoon market. I am an avid punter and know my markets well. Most people on here were even tipping us to make the 8 at the start of the year!
We got embarrassed by Newcastle without Ponga and Pearce. With roughly two million outta your cap against a barely top 8 team one would assume we were a lock. Barrett is a disaster, so obvious.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah mate, I suppose only the Bulldogs were subject to the above..

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if barrett was a horse trainer and had winx in his stable, then under his training winx wouldnt have won a maiden race at betoota, we were not expecting great results this season, but be fucked if we were thinking we would be this bad either
barrett cant coach our 2021 season will be
2 wins
22 losses

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

No way, Trent was talking us up, most had us mid table expectations, FMD he was saying Flanno was his star recruit and was going to play like Cleary.

22 rounds later.........