• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They hit the panic button with that decision and it was the wrong one. It was an easy sell to the fans who craved points and innovation and through Trent they could sell that through his work with Penriths attack at the time. Better yet they could confidently roll him out to address the fans and press and enhance the trust and belief through his cool demeanour and silky smooth talking.

It worked a treat, just look at the hype around him on here. For an unproven/failed head coach it is unbelievable.
You were going so well and then ended with this…

“There are married men with children on here who would literally suck him off as they’re that invested in the Barrett dream”

………:tearsofjoy:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Tigers only have a couple of good players, especially when comparing to the top teams.
Yep and South’s had great players when they won a comp.

That’s the main reason they won it. Of course Madge played a part but he is still a good coach. He is just now coaching shit players

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most of the "sack him!" comments are made by non-performing experts who only have a superfical (if that) knowledge of coaching and player/team managment...
(FYI, I coached for the best part of 20 years both Rugby and League from minis to senior)
Thanks Trent

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly came 13th or 14th last year. They were hit by injuries and suspensions. They were shit early on again this year when they had injuries.

Des hasn’t changed his coaching. He just got all of his good players back but some on here think the coach is 100% responsible for everything
Agreed baz has made some shit decisions but it's not all his fault, we have a top 30 full of rookies and plodders..... ATM we just don't have the cattle to compete in the nrl.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So what did the tigers get when they signed McGuire ?

A premiership winning coach whose side is about to get trounced by 50 two weeks in a row.

Can you open your mind to the possibility that good players are required to make a coach look good ??

It’s especially important with these new rules.
Yep and South’s had great players when they won a comp.

That’s the main reason they won it. Of course Madge played a part but he is still a good coach. He is just now coaching shit players
You look for improvement in players regardless of the skill they have
You look for fight in the players to keep putting in
Our players have regressed

Madge is a defensive hard nose coach who went
to an attacking type team, always going to have issues till they sort it. He also has runs on the board, Trent doesn't its all hype no substance you are swalling the Pr machine.

But to reference your comments re tigers and us
Tigers had some fight only lost by 16 and actually scored 22 in the second half
If that was us what do you think the score would be
Oh that's right 66 to fucking 0.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You look for improvement in players regardless of the skill they have
You look for fight in the players to keep putting in

Madge is a defensive hard nose coach who went
to an attacking type team, always going to have issues till they sort it. He also has runs on the board, Trent doesn't its all hype no substance you are swalling the Pr machine.

But to reference your comments re tigers and us
Tigers had some fight only lost by 16 and actually scored 22 in the second half
If that was us what do you think the score would be
Oh that's right 66 to fucking 0.
Compare the tigers side today to our side yesterday.

And what the fuck do you mean about PR machine?? The club doesn’t need to sell the coach to the fans. Memberships didn’t go up when we got Baz. So your PR machine comment has no relevance to the fans.

And who comprises his PR machine ?? Please enlighten me

Reactions: ATT

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Compare the tigers side today to our side yesterday.

And what the fuck do you mean about PR machine?? The club doesn’t need to sell the coach to the fans. Memberships didn’t go up when we got Baz. So your PR machine comment has no relevance to the fans.

And who comprises his PR machine ?? Please enlighten me
Your kidding aren't ya, it's been all year mate not just yesterday our players are regressing and thats the coach

Oh cmon man open your eyes, all the hyped next best thing, favourable media attention, mates in the media, it's not the club mate it's Barrett's to get the job.

He is a proven failure as head coach, it got to hard for him so quite halfway through a season after regressing the players he had. He may sign some good players but he is going to coach the goodness out of them. But they will be all good mates.

At the end of the day we are all entitled to our opinion, I don't rate the bloke as a head coach, but if you want to be his knob jockey by all means do so.
Name one player who has improved I mean really improved
And you mentioned the tigers scoreline did they lose by 60 plus ?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your kidding aren't ya, it's been all year mate not just yesterday our players are regressing and thats the coach

Oh cmon man open your eyes, all the hyped next best thing, favourable media attention, mates in the media, it's not the club mate it's Barrett's to get the job.

He is a proven failure as head coach, it got to hard for him so quite halfway through a season after regressing the players he had. He may sign some good players but he is going to coach the goodness out of them. But they will be all good mates.

At the end of the day we are all entitled to our opinion, I don't rate the bloke as a head coach, but if you want to be his knob jockey by all means do so.
Name one player who has improved I mean really improved
And you mentioned the tigers scoreline did they lose by 60 plus ?
Who called Baz the next big thing ? I was shocked when I heard we were signing him. Literally no one in the world was calling him the next big thing. The Penrith players credited him with helping their attack. The media or his “PR” team said fuck all.

I mentioned the Tigers score during the first half when I thought they would get pumped. Credit go them they showed something. But in their last 2 games they have been down 40-0 and 26-0 at half time with a premiership winning coach in charge.

And for the last fucking time I don’t either like or dislike Baz as a coach. All I am saying is that I don’t think there are any better options out there at the moment especially considering :

1. The payout ;
2. The complete absurdity thinking a top line coach would take us on

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The bottom line is our last 3 coaches have a terrible recruitment record. Hasler, Pay and Barrett(to date) have made poor signings .

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who called Baz the next big thing ? I was shocked when I heard we were signing him. Literally no one in the world was calling him the next big thing. The Penrith players credited him with helping their attack. The media or his “PR” team said fuck all.

I mentioned the Tigers score during the first half when I thought they would get pumped. Credit go them they showed something. But in their last 2 games they have been down 40-0 and 26-0 at half time with a premiership winning coach in charge.

And for the last fucking time I don’t either like or dislike Baz as a coach. All I am saying is that I don’t think there are any better options out there at the moment especially considering :

1. The payout ;
2. The complete absurdity thinking a top line coach would take us on
Actually I apologise for calling you Barrett's knob jockey, I shouldn't have let emotion get the better of me I just so pissed at the moment and love the doggies, it destroys me seeing us in this mess.

Articles were there in the media prior to his manly appointment and then again prior to this one, media beating up his credentials, that comes from his "management PR team"
I could link it but I can't be bothered rehashing the articles.

Yeah but they should some fight we didn't we just laid down and Madge and Stuart are walking tightrope too, questions are being asked as they should dame as Barrett. Not one player has improved since last year, they have gone backwards.

I agree with the payout we stuffed but how much more shit are we going to be in once Barrett leaves the building.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I apologise for calling you Barrett's knob jockey, I shouldn't have let emotion get the better of me I just so pissed at the moment and love the doggies, it destroys me seeing us in this mess.

Articles were there in the media prior to his manly appointment and then again prior to this one, media beating up his credentials, that comes from his "management PR team"
I could link it but I can't be bothered rehashing the articles.

Yeah but they should some fight we didn't we just laid down and Madge and Stuart are walking tightrope too, questions are being asked as they should dame as Barrett. Not one player has improved since last year, they have gone backwards.

I agree with the payout we stuffed but how much more shit are we going to be in once Barrett leaves the building.
Its cool mate, I am pissed too and hate arguing with fellow doggies supporters. Yesterday was horrible.

All I am saying is that the problem with our club is so much more than a coach who has been there less than a year

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One thing for sure about Baz is he us coaching for his NRL career next YEAR.

If he fails it's either assistant coach in NRL or Super League as a head time coach.

To leave Manly and Us in a shambles would put him in the same basket as Seibold