• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You think Skeletor in his 70’s has the energy and commitment to turn us around? Look what happen at Newy he was given everything, underachieved and left the place in a mess. Bellamy isn’t going to leave Melbourne unless it’s to move back home to Brisbane. Even if we had either of them we would have done slightly better than we did today but still got flogged. We have been riddled with injuries & suspensions and missed a couple days training this week until the blokes who where quarantined got a clear covid test. If there is anything that I would have changed this year it would have been to drop and suspend Elliot at the start of the season to set the tone for discipline and standards.
I’m clutching bro
But desperate times call for desperate measures

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You think Skeletor in his 70’s has the energy and commitment to turn us around? Look what happen at Newy he was given everything, underachieved and left the place in a mess. Bellamy isn’t going to leave Melbourne unless it’s to move back home to Brisbane. Even if we had either of them we would have done slightly better than we did today but still got flogged. We have been riddled with injuries & suspensions and missed a couple days training this week until the blokes who where quarantined got a clear covid test. If there is anything that I would have changed this year it would have been to drop and suspend Elliot at the start of the season to set the tone for discipline and standards.
Issue at Knights was Tinkler. Bennett and the players werent gettin their payments. They were literally fighting to get paid what their contracts stated they were entitled too. At one point Darius Boyd was out of pocket over $250k before the NRL stepped in and made amends.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Issue at Knights was Tinkler. Bennett and the players werent gettin their payments. They were literally fighting to get paid what their contracts stated they were entitled too. At one point Darius Boyd was out of pocket over $250k before the NRL stepped in and made amends.
That would distract anyone no doubt but the roster management was diabolical. Funny… a bit like ours in recent years...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a mess, would hold the players responsible for failing to hold some sort of defensive structure.
What the hell is the winger doin in the middle talking about shit three times?
Didn't have enough time to transform his rookies ra ra am I the only one who gives a shit?
Despite getting hammered.. am I asking too much?
I wanna see life and death tackles 30 nil down, must be gettin old.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Redeeming feature of today's debacle.....You can't blame the Prince of Belmore...a classy defender who defends like his life depends on it. The Prince MUST be selected next week!!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How dumb are you actually believing that these players contracts hinge on super coach Barrett being in charge. It’s about cash and opportunity
Didn't sharks offer Burton more money than we did

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's not an agenda, we are getting flogged on an almost weekly basis, we've gone backwards, his recruits have been duds. He has to go.

Manly fans were laughing at us when we got Barrett & Ferris what does that tell you? Do Manly fans have an agenda as well?
Fucking manly fans don't know what they want... Fuck those *****, they are a hamstring tear away from being bottom feeders again.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't sharks offer Burton more money than we did
Cash and opportunity KD. The dollars were comparable but the guarantee of a starting halves position from 2022 was the sweetener. His relationship with Barrett didn’t hurt either.

Reactions: ATT

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I gave pay more than a year so I have to give Trent more than a year, I also did originally want Holbrook but supported the clubs decision…. But this One is for you @Horse…. Your previous mob was the one who appointed Barrett was it not?
Were you not a staunch supporter of the Andersons?

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I gave pay more than a year so I have to give Trent more than a year, I also did originally want Holbrook but supported the clubs decision…. But this One is for you @Horse…. Your previous mob was the one who appointed Barrett was it not?
Were you not a staunch supporter of the Andersons?
Here it comes

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barrett may be a great assistant coach but he is defiantly not a head coach.
Manly went backwards under him and we are the same.

Sack him and throw big dollars at Bellamy or Robinson, it would cost $1,500,000 a season but with the winning culture these blokes would bring the money would be returned in sponsorship and ticket sales. Everyone wants to be associated with winners not spooners.
I've said the same on other threads a couple of times. A good attacking coach doesn't make a good head coach. Hell, we aren't even average in attack. We are woeful.
The players don't seem interested and if a coach can't get them excited about having a win, he's no good.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Barrett has made some bad desicion and selection. But two points.
1st the manly side that smashed us today. He built. He also set up there development system with there alignment with Blacktown as a feeder. Meaning they get a shot at some the riff good kids.
2nd in all honesty these players aren’t up to it. And no junior development system no short term answers. We have lost our way.
But the way our supporters on here are hurting. Shows we have a future
You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, give him time and most importantly the talent and if we fail in a similar fashion next season then call for his head...

Reactions: ATT

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry mate but you haven’t got a clue.

Name a coach who is going to come to us and make it all better. Did you post after the dragons game that Baz needed to go ????

If we are last this time next year Baz is gone. But you idiots on here asking for his head after barely half a year are frustrating.

Our problems are so so so far beyond coaching. All other teams bring young players in who at least look the part. Our young players are nowhere near first grade standard. A new coach won’t change that
It was a bad decision when they signed him as coach - the decision was propped up by a slick PR campaign. We, as a club, need to learn from this.

We have coaches at the club right now who could do a better job than Barrett. All they need is an opportunity. There are plenty of coaches right now who are unemployed or working as assistants who could improve things for us. Don’t give me this garbage about how Barrett’s the best person for the job right now, we need to persist, he needs to build his team - this is absolute garbage. The guy can either coach or he can’t. Right now, it’s clear that he is a very below average coach.

People who say this is not about coaching are just trying to protect the the guy. A protection racket with zero accountability will get us nowhere. We will be further behind the eight ball of we let it fester and continue.

I don’t think you understand just how “out of his depth” Barrett is as a head coach. It’s not just about a lack of coaching experience, it’s a lack of capacity to get the best out of these players (developing them), tactical nous - he is a dumb coach (sounds harsh but it’s true). He just hasn’t got it. The first five games were enough for me…This is not getting any better.

They beat the Dragons - yes. But I encourage you to go back and watch this game. The Dragons were absolutely dreadful, woeful. They beat themselves. These are only games we will have a shot at - games where teams just don’t turn up.

We are doing untold damage to the brand this year - people are walking away and not even watching anymore…this is a huge problem.

I’ll refrain from calling you names, I respect your opinion. I agree to an extent that perseverance is usually better than making impulsive decisions. But in this case, I think we’d better off to start looking elsewhere. Barrett’s not the answer.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was a bad decision when we signed HASLER,

Then it was a bad decision when we sacked Hasler,

Then it was great decision when we signed Pay

Then it was great when Pay was sacked

THEN WOW it was great that we signed Barrett (at the time with his Penrith JOB)

NOW you want him sacked.
Because it's his Fault we had 13 players in total out for what ever reasons they were unavailable.

Canberra FULL STRENGTH almost lost 38 - 6 to Gold Coast
Who lost their last game by 60 points to manly.

3 teams this week have already been left scoreless.

This is a bigger PROBLEM cause by different reasons that has been caused BY THE NRL REGIME

This is the beginning of the END of THE NRL....

next 3 years you will see UNION on the up and players defecting.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a bad decision when we signed HASLER,

Then it was a bad decision when we sacked Hasler,

Then it was great decision when we signed Pay

Then it was great when Pay was sacked

THEN WOW it was great that we signed Barrett (at the time with his Penrith JOB)

NOW you want him sacked.
Because it's his Fault we had 13 players in total out for what ever reasons they were unavailable.

Canberra FULL STRENGTH almost lost 38 - 6 to Gold Coast
Who lost their last game by 60 points to manly.

3 teams this week have already been left scoreless.

This is a bigger PROBLEM cause by different reasons that has been caused BY THE NRL REGIME

This is the beginning of the END of THE NRL....

next 3 years you will see UNION on the up and players defecting.
Logic must not be used on TK.
Emotive spew dribble only please sir.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was a bad decision when they signed him as coach - the decision was propped up by a slick PR campaign. We, as a club, need to learn from this.

We have coaches at the club right now who could do a better job than Barrett. All they need is an opportunity. There are plenty of coaches right now who are unemployed or working as assistants who could improve things for us. Don’t give me this garbage about how Barrett’s the best person for the job right now, we need to persist, he needs to build his team - this is absolute garbage. The guy can either coach or he can’t. Right now, it’s clear that he is a very below average coach.

People who say this is not about coaching are just trying to protect the the guy. A protection racket with zero accountability will get us nowhere. We will be further behind the eight ball of we let it fester and continue.

I don’t think you understand just how “out of his depth” Barrett is as a head coach. It’s not just about a lack of coaching experience, it’s a lack of capacity to get the best out of these players (developing them), tactical nous - he is a dumb coach (sounds harsh but it’s true). He just hasn’t got it. The first five games were enough for me…This is not getting any better.

They beat the Dragons - yes. But I encourage you to go back and watch this game. The Dragons were absolutely dreadful, woeful. They beat themselves. These are only games we will have a shot at - games where teams just don’t turn up.

We are doing untold damage to the brand this year - people are walking away and not even watching anymore…this is a huge problem.

I’ll refrain from calling you names, I respect your opinion. I agree to an extent that perseverance is usually better than making impulsive decisions. But in this case, I think we’d better off to start looking elsewhere. Barrett’s not the answer.
Well said and agree 100%

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess what clown! Georgalis did a better job and didn't get an open cheque book of signings.
Different competion and rules for Georgalis. You can't compare this year with previous years because every losing team including good ones are losing by blow outs.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he does not have the talent that some other teams have, but he is making it more difficult to his already talentless team.
He simply has not adapted to the new rules and if you do not adapt you will be left behind.
Not looking at yesterdays result because we were badly depleted.
It seems as though he is coaching his team not to lose rather than trying to win.