• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems for coaches they end up under pressure when they loose the fans.

At the moment Trent Barrett seems to be making a lot of seemingly inept decisions as our head coach.

Our team selections have been poor, out attacking structures are non existent, our defence is woeful, our fitness is poor, our on field leadership is non existent, we've got no idea on how to manipulate the ref's in game, and the lie that you can't knock us for effort is a complete lie... week after week you see our players not covering in defence, not chasing kicks, running one out, slowing down before tackles, giv8-g up in tackles, slow play the balls etc. Our effort is pathetic.

We were all waiting for rd 11 to see the changes baz would make in the squad, but we get the same crazy line ups that have got us nowhere.

I was all for Baz untill this week when I realised he's to weak to be our head coach.

If you loose the fans Baz it won't be long till you loose your job.
Never change a winning game but always change a losing one. So fat he has done nothing to change anything.......Agree with your post and well written For a caveman[emoji16]

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine has done nothing that warrants a walk up start
I personally think he has been one of our best each time he has taken the field. He is not a hooker, and I don't think he should be played at hooker, play him out wide and watch him go.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
It’s because he’s good looking and part leb the fans have sympathy.
I’m really not joking.

Imagine if this was griffin and everything played out the same. Will we still ‘trust tha process’
Btw process= only buy Penrith players or players under 25 for long term unofficial contracts. Say no to experienced older players because they aren’t long term and are ‘band aid’, instead choose readily available weaker younger players because they have a long career ahead.
If it’s Georgallis, I put money he’d be sacked by now (Or close to it)…

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't know if he is under fire however I can't argue with the OP's points.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
It’s because he’s good looking and part leb the fans have sympathy.
I’m really not joking.

Imagine if this was griffin and everything played out the same. Will we still ‘trust tha process’
Btw process= only buy Penrith players or players under 25 for long term unofficial contracts. Say no to experienced older players because they aren’t long term and are ‘band aid’, instead choose readily available weaker younger players because they have a long career ahead.
Griffin is a far better coach. His record proves this. You can see it the teams that he coaches, the way he handles himself, the guy knows footy and can coach.

I think more slack would afforded to a coach with a track record that resembles some form of success.

Barrett’s record shows limited success (it did before he signed and still does!)…why should people be patient? I think everyone has the right to be a little nervous about this - he is a coach on P Plates.

Yet, we signed him to do one of the biggest rebuilds the club has seen (or this is what the club would have you believe!!?) ….baffling to say the least…

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s not going anywhere ATM, but I have said since his appointment that 23 will be his crunch year and the fact that we are 13 rounds in and have won one game only compounds the pressure on him next year. If we don’t win at least six or seven of our first twelve games next year he’ll be gone by June and the whole cluster fuck starts again. We need this cahunt to succeed to put some stability back in the club.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty our defense has been the biggest disappointment in my view. They just haven't looked like they're on the same page and defending like a team when I've watched. It's hard to tolerate seeing opponents scoring easy tries because all of a sudden three players will drift to follow the ball like under 6's while the rest won't follow and leave a gap you could drive a truck through. I'd be worried about my job if I was responsible for coaching our defense. You exect every team to have these lapses and derp moments, but we just seem to have them more frequently than I'd expect of professionals. I know fatigue plays a part with the new rules and most losing teams lose by big margins this year. But it's hard to tolerate opponents scoring because our defense has regular brain farts and can't anticipate a direction change.

Our attack has hardly been inspirational either. It's much the same issues as last year though. The line has at times looked a bit dangerous, but quite frequently when support play would clinch a try, the support is either standing still or the ball runner doesn't look for them. To some extent it comes down to confidence. We just rarely look like we expect good things to happen so it comes as a surprise to our players when an opportunity presents itself and nobody is ready to capitalize.

I had reservations about Barrett before he arrived due to his results at Manly. I haven't let go of those reservations. He speaks well and seemingly inspires respect from his players. But as others have said, our game plan hasn't improved noticeably and the players don't look like they've developed a winning attitude under Barretts tuition.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It seems for coaches they end up under pressure when they loose the fans.

At the moment Trent Barrett seems to be making a lot of seemingly inept decisions as our head coach.

Our team selections have been poor, out attacking structures are non existent, our defence is woeful, our fitness is poor, our on field leadership is non existent, we've got no idea on how to manipulate the ref's in game, and the lie that you can't knock us for effort is a complete lie... week after week you see our players not covering in defence, not chasing kicks, running one out, slowing down before tackles, giv8-g up in tackles, slow play the balls etc. Our effort is pathetic.

We were all waiting for rd 11 to see the changes baz would make in the squad, but we get the same crazy line ups that have got us nowhere.

I was all for Baz until this week when I realised he's to weak to be our head coach.

If you loose the fans Baz it won't be long till you loose your job.
but he has the full support of the Board!