RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't think he can improve and get fitter and work on his game? Or train all offseason and adapt once becoming fullback full time?

He's 21. Who has more potential than him? Who the hell do we have on our team that we can turn down a talent like him for less than what Taylor, Hunt and Foran are on and a bit more than what Mitch Moses got?

Obviously he's not the finished product yet and needs to be more consistent but to suggest he can't play fullback is insane. He's played 10 or so games at fullback already and had some great games. He's not just a poacher, he has skill, strength like no other back and the best fend in the comp.

People said the exact same things about Inglis and were proven wrong. They'll be proven wrong again with Mitchell.
Absolutely. He'll end up better than Inglis IMO.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not convinced. I like the player. Matter or fact, one of tge best talents in a very long time. Only issue is old habits die hard with the indigenous. There Agendas don't mix well with the professionalism or so called professionalism of league. Outside of sport i dont mind the agenda push. It all catches up to them later. Look at the past greats or prospects. 10 years is a long time in league to be on top of your game. He wont last. To make this deal happen short or long term, he needs a mentor or a proven high profile media personality with a sporting background.
JT?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really struggling to believe this but I’d kill for it to be true, It’s incredible that his only 21, his achieved so much already, will go down as a great by the time his 27-28 and the only thing that can stop him is himself. 1 million/10 years is a bargain.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wow. So don't sign an aboriginal because they've got old habits which I imagined in your biggoted world is drinking? Don't sign a Maouri because they have fucked up face tatoos and are always getting into fights. Don't sign a lebanese guy because he's always ....

I just can't believe you've come up with such a stupid arse argument dude. And I question why you don't make such sweeping statements about other cultures. Or are you a selective biggot?
If we don't want talented indigenous boys at our club then we did the wrong thing making the new england and mid north coast regions our territory lol... Loads of talented black fellas out there, they just need to be managed properly, every player is different.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This might have some legs:

1. MasterP is one of the more reliable posters

2. Bulldogs signed Latrell’s brother, Shaquai, earlier this year (or last year, I’m not sure). It could be to help lure him over, on top of the large contract.

3. A few other posters over the last week have said that the club is going after a ‘big fish’. Latrell could be that big fish.

If true, it’s a great move by the club. Signing Latrell would help in attracting better players to the club.

Now all we need is a coach who knows what he’s doing.
Weather that’s Gus or someone else.. I agree with you..!! Latrell very well could be this BIG fish :innocent:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we don't want talented indigenous boys at our club then we did the wrong thing making the new england and mid north coast regions our territory lol... Loads of talented black fellas out there, they just need to be managed properly, every player is different.
Precisely.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
News out of Belmore is they offered Latrell Mitchell $1M/yr for 10yrs (a Jason Taumalolo like deal) and that’s what’s rattled him. Starting from year after next.
Uncle Nick isn’t happy and doesn’t want to lose him but they have issues with 10yr contract.
According to the rules
A player can not be approached before November if contracted to another team for next season.
But the writing is on the wall...I gave you a hint two months ago :tonguewink:

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick of the dogs losing players as they enter their prime or signing players already on the decline... 1m per year for 10 years is a small price to pay to secure a possible immortal in his prime.

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
According to the rules
A player can not be approached before November if contracted to another team for next season.
But the writing is on the wall...I gave you a hint two months ago :tonguewink:
Yes you did!!! I went back to your previous posts and you mentioned that L. Mitchell will follow his brother!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All these vague comments with us signing someone then well sign euan aitken and those in the know will say told you so lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No clue !

Played his whole juniors as a fullback, debuted as a fullback and killed it. I suggest you watch some of his first games. He did start to fade at the end of the season but that was mainly due to him being young. No doubt he will have to change his body shape and fitness a little bit to cope with the extra km’s of being a fullback. 1M a year is peanuts in a few years time for someone like him. Some people have rocks in their head questioning this move.
I know exactly where he played, and if he had a long-term future there the chooks would've played him there or 6 and not continued to recruit in those positions.

Not every player needs to be moved to the spine to impact a game, I have absolutely no doubt that he would do more damage at centre than anywhere else now and in the future. If you think spending 10m on a bloke and trying to manufacture him into something else is a good idea then sure go ahead, but I'm telling you if you move him away from the centres then you're take a massive risk and just asking him to do things he just doesn't need to do.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You don't think he can improve and get fitter and work on his game? Or train all offseason and adapt once becoming fullback full time?

He's 21. Who has more potential than him? Who the hell do we have on our team that we can turn down a talent like him for less than what Taylor, Hunt and Foran are on and a bit more than what Mitch Moses got?

Obviously he's not the finished product yet and needs to be more consistent but to suggest he can't play fullback is insane. He's played 10 or so games at fullback already and had some great games. He's not just a poacher, he has skill, strength like no other back and the best fend in the comp.

People said the exact same things about Inglis and were proven wrong. They'll be proven wrong again with Mitchell.
No, I have massive doubts. His workrate as it is now is one of the worst in the game of any back, expecting him to all of a sudden get in super fit shape and have anywhere near the same explosiveness is just unrealistic imo.

I think you really need to look at his mindset and what he's actually good at, the bloke is a freak athlete and that's what you need to focus on. Clogging his game up with playmaking, organising the defence, organising the attack, running a shitload more KMs, etc isn't going to be the best thing for him.

I really don't know what goes through some people's heads on here, we have just been fucked by our cap management yet people want or fork out $10m to manufacture a bloke to play in a position he has never excelled in at NRL level. This is an absolutely massive risk, no where near as easy as some of you think it is going to be.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mitchell is still growing and is a very big boy.

He is way too big to play at FB or at 5/8. Sure he could fill in when needed, but that is it.

People have very short memories as when he came into 1st grade, Robinson threw him at FB and he was consistently getting injured. But as all good coaches do, they identify the correct position for each player and that's what Robinson has done.

Inglis would still be playing today if he was kept in the centres his entire career.

Blokes the size of Inglis and Mitchell are just way too big to play in such a demading position as Fullback. They can play there, but they break down very quickly.

Mitchell wants the big pay day and that is all there is to it.

From day 1 i was and want Mitchell at the club but only as a left centre.

$1m a year for 10 years? Thats a massive gamble!

One fucked thing in the NRL is, that there is a massive lack of talented players in the halves and the ones playing now are over priced. Mitchell Moses 800k, Ash Taylor $1m, Nathan Cleary $1m and so on....

At $1m you would get more value out of Mitchell than any of these halves, but as mentioned it is a big gamble

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does it matter where you play him?

We are paying Foran over a million a season and occasionally we get a result out of him if he takes the field. Get Mitchell to the club who cares where he plays he’s a superstar player which would make the team better. Do not give a fuck if we play him Center, 5/8 or fullback having him in the team gives us a legit shot at winning games which we don’t have a single player capable of doing at the moment.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Does it matter where you play him?

We are paying Foran over a million a season and occasionally we get a result out of him if he takes the field. Get Mitchell to the club who cares where he plays he’s a superstar player which would make the team better. Do not give a fuck if we play him Center, 5/8 or fullback having him in the team gives us a legit shot at winning games which we don’t have a single player capable of doing at the moment.
I personally wouldn't sign any player for 10 years, all the risk is on the club. Player plays shit then he milks the club dry, player plays great then he sooks and asks for more money and/or tries to force a move.

And it does matter where he plays, because apparently I don't want him because I said I wouldn't play him in the spine lol.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't sign any player for 10 years, all the risk is on the club. Player plays shit then he milks the club dry, player plays great then he sooks and asks for more money and/or tries to force a move.

And it does matter where he plays, because apparently I don't want him because I said I wouldn't play him in the spine lol.
That’s just a sign of the times with players sooking regardless it all falls back to the germs that are player managers. Give me 5 years of Mitchell at the club on a ten year deal before he moves on then going through and getting a marquee signing like Ben Hunt , Anthony Milford , Mitchell Moses or even better Kieren Foran...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s just a sign of the times with players sooking regardless it all falls back to the germs that are player managers. Give me 5 years of Mitchell at the club on a ten year deal before he moves on then going through and getting a marquee signing like Ben Hunt , Anthony Milford , Mitchell Moses or even better Kieren Foran...
Yh I wouldn't do that at all, max 4 year deal imo.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
our club has a terrible record with long term contracts .. and this one is far more fraught with danger then all those others combined …. I don't like it one bit ...