Rule changes why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
A couple of question i would like to have answered is why are there constant rule changes , eg. when a player tackles opposition tackler can slow play the ball down & yet when when opposite happens penalty ensues, i also thought that when player is tackled must rise & play the ball where tackled not walk 2 or 3 steps off mark, what ever happened to playing the ball correctly ie to actually touch the ball with your foot , i see week after week players just rolling ball between legs & nothing is ever done, & as far as this garbage of benefit of doubt what a lot of rot , if i recall about the only game that i am aware of that has a benefit of doubt is cricket (ie LBW laws).
What ever happened to the ref allowing a try or disallowing a try as it once was , if your going to have a video ref called to make judgements why have a ref at all.
Of course there are many more changes that have happened over the last 10yrs but i think those laws are taking away the competiveness out of the game
The point i am trying to make is let the game laws be ,instead of trying to make the game better lets just stick to the rules firstly because i really don't think most ref's or linesmen fully comprehend all the rules. (i e . two sides have the same rules at the same time)

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the ref shouts dominant then the tackling player can hold the player down for a few seconds to slow down the play the ball.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the worst rule change i've seen is players arn't allowed to take quik taps any more, it used to be great when a ball was kicked dead and the team would rush the ball back to the twenty to take advantage of opposition not being ready

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wyongguy said:
the worst rule change i've seen is players arn't allowed to take quik taps any more, it used to be great when a ball was kicked dead and the team would rush the ball back to the twenty to take advantage of opposition not being ready
Yeah i agree. The team with the tap gets no advantage. The defence gets set, the player taps the ball runs 5 metres and gets tackled. The point of the tap was that one team stuffed up and the other team can take advantage of that if they are quick enough. Bring it back! Allow a fast thinking, attacking player to create an opportunity!

I also liked it when the marker could take a swipe at the ball with his feet, when the tackled player got up to play the ball. I used to love doing that as a kid. That rule just disappeared without anyone really noticing.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i also miss the rule if there was no marker the bloke could just run.

Status
Not open for further replies.