Rugby League Week (RLW): Let's talk, guys! (Article on Michael Ennis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kane 'em

Here's an article from the most recent edition of Rugby League Week (RLW) on Bulldogs captain Michael Ennis.
Enjoy!

(Click to enlarge image)

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Cheers again :D

Hopefully we can give an offer He is happy with. Why wouldn't you want a player who puts their heart and body on the line for the club??
That is what wins premierships.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can tell he really wants to stay..this is the type of people you want at the Dogs..passionate about the club! Plus he knows under Des this team is going to win a premiership..it's just a matter of when!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh I hope we don't lose Mick.

Like others I'm so excited that Lichaa is coming over. Not because Ennis is not a great player, he is. Just because it is securing the future so we don't sign some scrub with little choices.

Lichaa is ready for NRL. Though not a full game, hell I don't think he could handle a full half just yet week in week out.

Depending what the Sharks do with him this year ideally I would like to see Ennis as our 9 with Lichaa as our 17 and playing 20-30 minutes a game in 2015 much like Klemmer has been used. Just to get a feel for it week in week out. In 2016 splitting minutes. 2017 Lichaa is the man and fully ready to lead us in the 9 for the next 8-10 years.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh I hope we don't lose Mick.

Like others I'm so excited that Lichaa is coming over. Not because Ennis is not a great player, he is. Just because it is securing the future so we don't sign some scrub with little choices.

Lichaa is ready for NRL. Though not a full game, hell I don't think he could handle a full half just yet week in week out.

Depending what the Sharks do with him this year ideally I would like to see Ennis as our 9 with Lichaa as our 17 and playing 20-30 minutes a game in 2015 much like Klemmer has been used. Just to get a feel for it week in week out. In 2016 splitting minutes. 2017 Lichaa is the man and fully ready to lead us in the 9 for the next 8-10 years.
Yup, and giving Ennis 20-30 minutes rest each game for the next season or two would help him play with increased energy compared to the last season or two. Not that he doesn't already play with more energy than most, but he deserves the opportunity to keep playing his heart out for a while longer.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, and giving Ennis 20-30 minutes rest each game for the next season or two would help him play with increased energy compared to the last season or two. Not that he doesn't already play with more energy than most, but he deserves the opportunity to keep playing his heart out for a while longer.
Funny thing is that all the players at the club still say Ennis is the fittest player at the club.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If we offer him 2 years, maybe split it 50-30 next year and 40-40 the year after?

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
The more this drags on, the more I want Mick to stay, talent come and go, but heart, soul, passion and dedication to our team only come around a few times. Give our captain his 3 years.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is the heart and soul of the team, you can when comes off, we lose our way. Give him an extension he deserves it.

B

BoonReturns

Funny thing is that all the players at the club still say Ennis is the fittest player at the club.
He has to be the fittest. He plays hooker. I would be willing to bet that Licha will be just as fit with a first grade off season.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly can't see the club offering him more than 2 years but I don't know if he would be happy with that.

Des knows what is best for the team and if he sees Lichaa as an 80 minute player perhaps he is willing to let Ennis go, as sad as it might be.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing more than 2 years. If Ennis truly loves the club he'll also want whats best for it, 3-4 years would be staying a fair bit too long, better off to negotiate an after footy job with the club instead of trying to go for a longer contract.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
look lichaa can't be the only good up and coming hooker, ennis is great for now lets worry about that spot when the time is right

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He should be able to retire when he wants.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
look lichaa can't be the only good up and coming hooker, ennis is great for now lets worry about that spot when the time is right
We're paying him pretty good money though so I dont think he's being signed as a NSW cup player

Status
Not open for further replies.