Status
Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score

RUGBY LEAGUE DYNASTIES
CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS
1980-88

The Bulldogs have been a fixture of the Rugby League landscape since 1934, but it was not until the 1980s that the team from Belmore began to stamp their authority on the competition. It was in those glory years that they would win an incredible four Premierships during a decade of dominance. Led into battle by legends such as Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb and Steve Folkes, the Bulldogs brought a brand of skilful attacking football to the competition, earning the tag of “The Entertainers” during an era that culminated in their 1980 Premiership. In the second part of the decade the 'Dogs underwent a transformation under the tutelage of coach Warren Ryan, focusing on a bruising, aggressive form of defence. Subsequently “The Enforcers” were born and took out another three Grand Finals, going back-to-back in 1984-85, and adding another Premiership trophy to the cabinet in 1988. This special 4-disc collector’s set contains a specially-commissioned feature documentary charting this memorable period of the Bulldogs history and Rugby League folklore, from their emergence as a powerhouse in the early 1980s, to their epic rivalries with the Parramatta Eels and St. George Dragons which highlighted this golden age of footy. Also included in this collection are full match replays of all four of the Bulldogs’ Grand Final victories of the 1980s, presented in their entire original broadcast format.​

Bit more info here - http://www.musicshop.com.au/nrl-rug...bulldogs-dog-days-1980-88-dvd-4-disc-set.html

Due out on Wednesday this week. Hope the Doco is good, basically the only reason I have to buy this.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have to add it to my collection.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not saying I don't like our current emblem, but you have to admit that one kicks ass wish we still used it

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Got this today, Watched the documentary. Runs for a bit over an hour, narrated by Vossy & is pretty damn good ;)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Will pick this up soon I think

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love the history but its time the boys make their own history. Went close last year & its time to step up without BB. Nothing will make me happier!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole team needs to watch some old GF DVDs, see what those buggers did??

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, and they were all around 90kgs and would give any modern day pack a touch up

Status
Not open for further replies.