Official Round 9 v Raiders Match Discussion

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New castle will pump us.
We are fekked in every facet of the game.
To coach a team such an inspiring brand of football depresses me.
Mr Khoury fix this it’s on you.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because Okunbor is trash and didn’t contribute to the win. Plus he hasn’t proven yet that he can consistently play without making numerous errors each game
are you suggesting that naden has?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night was the low point for mine. Coming up against a shit team and we produce even shitter. I’m actually done for the year. This team bar a few doesn’t give a shit. Why should I wasted my time giving a shit. Fuck the lot of em bar JAC and Fox.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Last night was the low point for mine. Coming up against a shit team and we produce even shitter. I’m actually done for the year. This team bar a few doesn’t give a shit. Why should I wasted my time giving a shit. Fuck the lot of em bar JAC and Fox.
I watched the game up to the point where we made Frawley (who is a very, very average player) look like Jonathan Thurston with his show and go to score under the posts - through 2 lines of defence - front line then Dufty - basically untouched. I turned the game off at that point.

The thing which most caught my attention right from the start was our defence was either moving up very slowly or standing waiting for the ball carrier to get to them. The commentators on Fox kept saying stuff like "The metres are flowing so easily for Canberra" And they were - making 60 to 70 metres per set just with hit ups - combine that with our multiple errors including a penalty when in possession and we were stuck defending our own line for much of the early part of the game.

I agree with you - it's not worth our effort and energy following the Bulldogs this year. One Friday I have an appointment at Olympic park right near the stadium. It will finish about half an hour before 6:00pm kick-off Bulldogs v Knights and right now I feel like I cbf going to watch another shit game so will probably just come home. Pretty sad considering in years gone by I would never miss a home game, travel to away games in Sydney and as well as games in Canberra, Brisbane etc. Now I cbf walking about 500 metres to go to a home game. That's f*cking depressing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
are you suggesting that naden has?
No they are both as poor as each other and the coaching staff need to make a hard statement on what are acceptable efforts and accountability.

Drop Naden. Full stop. But don't reinstate like for like nuffies just because.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I watched the game up to the point where we made Frawley (who is a very, very average player) look like Jonathan Thurston with his show and go to score under the posts - through 2 lines of defence - front line then Dufty - basically untouched. I turned the game off at that point.

The thing which most caught my attention right from the start was our defence was either moving up very slowly or standing waiting for the ball carrier to get to them. The commentators on Fox kept saying stuff like "The metres are flowing so easily for Canberra" And they were - making 60 to 70 metres per set just with hit ups - combine that with our multiple errors including a penalty when in possession and we were stuck defending our own line for much of the early part of the game.

I agree with you - it's not worth our effort and energy following the Bulldogs this year. One Friday I have an appointment at Olympic park right near the stadium. It will finish about half an hour before 6:00pm kick-off Bulldogs v Knights and right now I feel like I cbf going to watch another shit game so will probably just come home. Pretty sad considering in years gone by I would never miss a home game, travel to away games in Sydney and as well as games in Canberra, Brisbane etc. Now I cbf walking about 500 metres to go to a home game. That's f*cking depressing.
Next week's Magic Round, so we're all spared the heartache.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No they are both as poor as each other and the coaching staff need to make a hard statement on what are acceptable efforts and accountability.

Drop Naden. Full stop. But don't reinstate like for like nuffies just because.
fair call. After last night I have oky way in front of naden. Round 11 shoudl see Kiraz out there with any luck.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many unforced errors and silly penalties and six agains gass the squad early so there is little in the tank for the second half.
When we spread the ball we look very dangerous but we seem to be concentrating on one-off hit-ups too much week in and week out.
Sorry but this is a symptom of poor coaching and Baz must go!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the club can focus more on community events instead of what’s happening on the field. They should take a leaf out of our old management book and plant trees again.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Maybe the club can focus more on community events instead of what’s happening on the field. They should take a leaf out of our old management book and plant trees again.
Love your avatar dogwhisperer.

The thing I don't get about Barrett coaching is that he was a top level 5/8 - played for 11 games for NSW and 15 games for Australia. Those are elite level achievements but our halves seem to have no clue under his coaching.

Maybe the answer is that a great player doesn't necessarily make a great coach.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love your avatar dogwhisperer.

The thing I don't get about Barrett coaching is that he was a top level 5/8 - played for 11 games for NSW and 15 games for Australia. Those are elite level achievements but our halves seem to have no clue under his coaching.

Maybe the answer is that a great player doesn't necessarily make a great coach.
Yep....the best coaches were generally ordinary players. Not to say the greats don't succeed, however it's proven in the modern day.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like their weekend has been ruined after last night? Give us the 6:15pm Sunday night games back again :tearsofjoy:
Yes, I do feel like the weekend has been ruined.

But it's a catch 22 re the preferred timeslot for our games isn't ?

Is it better to get our loss over and done with on a Thursday of Friday night and then have the weekend ruined.

Or is it better to have the weekend ruined by waiting all weekend for our loss on a Sunday afternoon or Sunday night?

Even though I try not to, I still care. I woke up in the middle of the night last night feeling really p*ssed off that we made a second rate Canberra side look good. And I couldn't go back to sleep for about 2 hours.

The last bit of the game I saw was when bog average Frawley just waltzed through our "defence" basically untouched and scored under the posts.

I turned the game off when that happened.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, I do feel like the weekend has been ruined.

But it's a catch 22 re the preferred timeslot for our games isn't ?

Is it better to get our loss over and done with on a Thursday of Friday night and then have the weekend ruined.

Or is it better to have the weekend ruined by waiting all weekend for our loss on a Sunday afternoon or Sunday night?

Even though I try not to, I still care. I woke up in the middle of the night last night feeling really p*ssed off that we made a second rate Canberra side look good. And I couldn't go back to sleep for about 2 hours.

The last bit of the game I saw was when bog average Frawley just waltzed through our "defence" basically untouched and scored under the posts.

I turned the game off when that happened.
Yeah I feel like I can have a weekend with a bit of optimism if we play Sunday night. It’s a very frustrating team to watch right now because there is games we can and should be winning.
I think certain individuals are letting us down.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game was over a soon as Naden dropped the ball on the 1st set since then errors penalties & 6 agains we had to defend for 20 mins straight. Our conditioning is average due to fat boy Ferris & we were gassed had no line speed at all in defence & Canberra did even though they looked offside most of the game.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
BBO, Wakeham, Patolo, Okunbor , Alamoti - all playing Reggies today against St George - Docker Clay at hooker Cook on bench

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
BBO, Wakeham, Patolo, Okunbor , Alamoti - all playing Reggies today against St George
Starting 1.30 NSWRLTV?

Are they affiliated with allblack tv Diddly?