Official Round 9 v Raiders Match Discussion

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
How the fuck do we have that cumstain again there trying to finish the job they failed last week

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If jackson stops ball playing we will actually play better.. we'll find out this week
We got a win without King or TPJ ball playing instead of Jackson. To my way of thinking, lets get the ball in the hands of Flano and Burto more and let THEM ball play rather than Jackson. Lets keep on the road of trying to develop our own style, with Flano and Burto the conductors, rather than trying (badly) to emulate Penrith. Jackson is no Yeo. For Jackson it's simple....run hard tackle hard. There's your instructions.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why are people saying we need to prepare for croker. We should be planning to attack him all game not plan to defend his game. JAC and Averillo against Croker( slow) and Cotric (slower than both). Hope tbaz realises this strengthened matchup we have and exploits it.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t mind Cummins reffing cos technically we won both our games under him and lost the other by single point

[emoji23]
Yeah agree. I was surprised in the game against the chooks that Cummins didn’t belt us into submission with six agains, didn’t over penalise us and didn’t send JMK to the bin. Or am I just imagining this?

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would change a winning team. Naden sulking on the wing is a stupid decision.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people saying we need to prepare for croker. We should be planning to attack him all game not plan to defend his game. JAC and Averillo against Croker( slow) and Cotric (slower than both). Hope tbaz realises this strengthened matchup we have and exploits it.
I don’t think everyone is saying that mate. Personally I reckon he was done as an NRL centre 2 years ago.

The only concern is that he had similar stem cell surgery to Trent Hodkinson in the off season. If he comes back as fast as Hodko then we could be in big trouble …

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jackson will stifle our attack and put pressure on us again. Dropped balls aplenty and no service to our outside backs with bias reffing against us.... I have never wanted to be so wrong.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unbelievable we get Cummins AGAIN! We never won a game last year when he ref'd us and while we have won 2 games this year with him as ref they should've won those games a LOT easier than they did as Cummins once again gave more than a few very questionable decisions against us in both games.

Great effort from the boys to overcome those decisions and gain the win(s) as he does his best to get us beaten every time he is the ref.
He won't have moments of weaknesses this week. He will make amends for the 2 games he gave us.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson is not the problem we have. As long as he is not first receiver.
The bigger problem is the lack of defence in the centre. Schoup is Ok, the other guy is not.
Other teams are bulking up their centre positions with defensive and attacking players.
It is surely the way we have to go.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Croker is a target when we have the ball. Very average defender. TPJ, Avo and Nader on that side.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve got to dominate the forwards and give Croker hell - hope Shouppe is on his side
Crocker is on the opposite side, he plays as a left centre- normally outside Wighton.

Even though he's not that tall, he has an uncanny knack of catching cross feild kicks to score. Averillo and Flanagan will need to be onto this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Croker is a target when we have the ball. Very average defender. TPJ, Avo and Nader on that side.
We've made him look good in the past and he will be primed for a return to fg but yes he needs to be targetted.

Crucial we progress with our promising efforts of last week :grinning: