ROUND 9 RECAP + ROUND 10 LINEUP PREDICTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe Pay will drop some under performers and will likely promote some youth as martin was a success. Priest was dreadful and I think his stint in first grade was underserved, saying that he only played 30 minutes of the bench in reserve grade so the blame must go on Pay.

Anyways I predict we will see the inclusion of To omaga and potentially Olive replacing Montoya and Priest.

Either that or we will see J moz swapping sides to support Montoya.

Personally, I would love to see Lewis who is bound to bring some spark however this won't happened.
GOODNIGHT KENNELERS.

-Nasheed

Chooky4Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
The only thing that you need to consider is the salary cap in regards to bringing in new players every week. I can remember only a few years ago, the Dragons were struggling to field a team because if they brought yet another player in and paid the First Grade appearance money they would have breached the cap and been fined. We should only make changes if there is clearly someone better to come in. As others have stated, we just don't have the cattle yet.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
seriously?

an hour after witnessing the worst rigged game in recent past , you want to talk about the next game?

FMD!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye
Bmoz
Jmoz
Hoppa
Holland

Frawley
Foran

Woods
JMK/Lichaa
Klemmer

RFM
Martin
Jackson

Fualalo
To’omaga
Brown
Elliot

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who's the ref??? Sutton or Cummings??? LOL

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Priest out for ToOmaga
Montoya out for Holland
Lachlan Lewis to the bench
Fualalo I still dislike the dude as a player, but he made a few good runs and found his front so he survives

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd drop Mbye and Mbye only. Every man in our 17 other than him played with pride and commitment tonight. And ultimately his errors contributed to our downfall.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Most important thing for us next week is if Gerard Sutton is going to play for the Eels.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland in, Montoya out
To’Omaga in , priest out

Maybe bring Lewis in for Frawley or give Frawley another go as he did alright.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We will bend you over and pump you with gay abandon you bunch of stray mutts

Im tipping we will put at least 30 on you probably 50.

Sharon will be in the fetal position at home on the bean bag all week thinking about what Timmy is going to do to him.

This is going to be a bloodbath.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My team:

Moses Mbye
02. Brett Morris
03. John Olive
04. Josh Morris
05. William Hopoate
06. Fa'amanu Brown/Josh Cleeland
07. Kieran Foran
08. Aaron Woods
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Danny Fualalo
11. Rhyse Martin
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson

14. David Klemmer
15. Renouf To'omaga
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Michael Lichaa

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We will bend you over and pump you with gay abandon you bunch of stray mutts

Im tipping we will put at least 30 on you probably 50.

Sharon will be in the fetal position at home on the bean bag all week thinking about what Timmy is going to do to him.

This is going to be a bloodbath.
Moronic idiot.....1986 dickhead.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My team:

Moses Mbye
02. Brett Morris
03. John Olive
04. Josh Morris
05. William Hopoate
06. Fa'amanu Brown/Josh Cleeland
07. Kieran Foran
08. Aaron Woods
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Danny Fualalo
11. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. David Klemmer
15. Renouf To'omaga
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Michael Lichaa
Eastwood and Liccha are shithouse.

JMCentral

Waterboy
Reaction score
THE GOOD

Despite the fact that we lost I thought there were a number positive takeaways from last night's clash with the Broncos.

I thought Marshall-King was perfect at hooker, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up offloading Lichaa to another club to clear out some cap space if his services aren't needed. A team like the Raiders or Eels would be open to bringing him in so we should venture down that avenue just to see if we can help out our cap situation considering how strong JMK was for us. JMK's service was great, and he even broke the line twice with two well-timed runs when the Broncos were in "scramble-mode" on defense.

I thought Rhyse Martin was solid, defended relatively well and was always active around the ball. Had some decent carries getting us out of our own half too and obviously scored on debut which is great for his confidence.

Hopoate was outstanding tonight, I like the idea of getting the ball out wide on 4th/5th tackle and trusting our outside backs to make a play whether it be a kick or just playing through the hands. Worked well and created some opportunities.

Klemmer off the bench was okay, but I still think Woods should be coming off the bench. Klemmer needs to start to soften up and tire out the opposing forward pack, then Woods can come in and play his natural game, creating some second-phase opportunities through offloads against a tired out forward pack. I liked the fact that we changed our rotation and I believe it showed in our performance.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner was one of our best as always. Can't explain how much I love having this guy play for the Doggies, he brings it week in and week out. Win, lose or draw.

THE BAD

Clay Priest seemed like he couldn't give a fuck that he debuted for us last night. He came out and gave away two consecutive penalties and offered next to nothing else. I assume that he only got a run because of his relationship with Pay coming from Canberra, but I have no clue how he got a run over To'omaga. This better change next week. We saw Rhyse Martin's impact coming straight from ISP, so we should do the same thing with To'omaga and he could be a potential starting front rower for us later in the season as he has dominated ISP so far this year.

I thought Matt Frawley was below average tonight. Besides his try he did next to nothing. Two terrible kicks on last tackle in the Broncos' red-zone, didn't even look like breaking the game open and in general just seemed off. I still believe either Cleeland or Lewis deserve a run over this bloke, because in all honesty he offers us next to nothing and I couldn't believe he was playing first-grade again after tonight's performance.

Marcelo Montoya. I was a huge fan of Monty when he first cracked the grade, and I really hate saying this but he needs to be dropped. Our right side is the worst defensive edge in the comp, and he got very fortunate tonight because the the Broncos caught him out three times and only managed to get the bounce of the ball once. He could have EASILY given up 12 points to Corey Oates but we were fortunate that Oates couldn't get a good bounce when he needed it. I don't care what Monty offers in attack, his defense alone is costing us a try a game and he needs to be cut for at least a fortnight until he improves his decision making in defense. Times like these make me wish Moses Suli worked out, but bring on Holland, Reimis Smith or Olive.

Kieran Foran. I know this one will catch you off guard, but every game this season without failure Foran goes missing at the back end of games. Any other halfback on $700,000 per year has the ability to close games out towards the back end, but every week I think to myself "where did Foran go?". Considering he has rookie players alongside him like JMK and Frawley, you would think he would be on the ball and really slowing things down when we need to, especially with a lead in the final 8 minutes. Instead, he goes missing and we play out-of-control footy rather than composed footy. He needs to take ownership of this team and really steer them home instead of deferring to players with less than 26 NRL games played.

GERALD SUTTON. I'm not going to rant and rave but I honestly felt like tonight's game was fixed. The most obvious call that made the game appear to be fixed was the blatant knock-on from Isaako that was ruled as "play on". Sutton has had a grudge against us ever since the 2015 Good Friday game against Souths where he got pelted with water bottles from supporters at ANZ Stadium after sending Klemmer off and awarding Souths the penalty goal from right in front. Combine that with the fact that the Broncos would have lost 3 games in-a-row at Suncorp had they lost tonight, there was something a little bit fishy in the officiating and it felt like they didn't want the Broncos to lose three straight in Brisbane due to the impact it would have on the fans. Put it simply, he's cost us the game. If he rules that Isaako knock-on as it was, we get the ball 10m out from their line and retain our lead. Instead, they end up going down our end and leveling the score with a penalty goal. Huge game changer that cost us the game in my opinion. The final play of the game where Mbye was penalised, I see that type of play every week where players are blocked on the kick-chase yet no penalty is awarded. Tonight that call went against us, but judging by the inconsistency in the refereeing so far this season I can't say that I'm surprised at all by the call.

Next Week's Adjustments:
Here is what I believe our line-up should be against the Eels in Round 10.

1. Moses Mbye
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. William Hopoate
5. Kerrod Holland
6. Josh Cleeland/Lachlan Lewis
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Danny Fualalo
11. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Aaron Woods
15. Renouf To'omaga
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Lachlan Lewis/Josh Cleeland

We also need to give Jacko more game-time. We looked lost without him and he only played 45 minutes against the Broncos. At the back-end of the second half, we had Klemmer and Jackson on the bench while we had our more inexperienced guys on the field. We need to have Woods, Klemmer and Jacko on to close out games and the coaching staff need to find a minutes-rotation that allows them to be on the field the close out. All three of those guys have represented their clubs in either finals footy or played Origin, and we need their experience on the field in those moments. Montoya, Elliott and Priest get cut, we debut To'omaga as well as Lachlan Lewis or Josh Cleeland. We play our experienced players to close games out, we replace out-of-form players with young hungry talent and we make one last push for a Top 8 finish. Depsite our horrendous record, we're still only 3 games removed from the 8 with 15 rounds of football still to play. If we fire up now, cut off the players who have been letting us down and dig in we can still play Finals footy. Last night against the Broncos was a step in the right direction and we were unlucky. Moving onwards and upwards from here. I expect the Dogs to come out and beat the Eels.

Let me know your thoughts on both the good and bad, as well as the line-up prediction.

Hang in there guys, it's tough but there's light at the end of the tunnel and some adjustments that we can make to get to the end of the tunnel sooner rather than later.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE GOOD

Despite the fact that we lost I thought there were a number positive takeaways from last night's clash with the Broncos.

I thought Marshall-King was perfect at hooker, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up offloading Lichaa to another club to clear out some cap space if his services aren't needed. A team like the Raiders or Eels would be open to bringing him in so we should venture down that avenue just to see if we can help out our cap situation considering how strong JMK was for us. JMK's service was great, and he even broke the line twice with two well-timed runs when the Broncos were in "scramble-mode" on defense.

I thought Rhyse Martin was solid, defended relatively well and was always active around the ball. Had some decent carries getting us out of our own half too and obviously scored on debut which is great for his confidence.

Hopoate was outstanding tonight, I like the idea of getting the ball out wide on 4th/5th tackle and trusting our outside backs to make a play whether it be a kick or just playing through the hands. Worked well and created some opportunities.

Klemmer off the bench was okay, but I still think Woods should be coming off the bench. Klemmer needs to start to soften up and tire out the opposing forward pack, then Woods can come in and play his natural game, creating some second-phase opportunities through offloads against a tired out forward pack. I liked the fact that we changed our rotation and I believe it showed in our performance.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner was one of our best as always. Can't explain how much I love having this guy play for the Doggies, he brings it week in and week out. Win, lose or draw.

THE BAD

Clay Priest seemed like he couldn't give a fuck that he debuted for us last night. He came out and gave away two consecutive penalties and offered next to nothing else. I assume that he only got a run because of his relationship with Pay coming from Canberra, but I have no clue how he got a run over To'omaga. This better change next week. We saw Rhyse Martin's impact coming straight from ISP, so we should do the same thing with To'omaga and he could be a potential starting front rower for us later in the season as he has dominated ISP so far this year.

I thought Matt Frawley was below average tonight. Besides his try he did next to nothing. Two terrible kicks on last tackle in the Broncos' red-zone, didn't even look like breaking the game open and in general just seemed off. I still believe either Cleeland or Lewis deserve a run over this bloke, because in all honesty he offers us next to nothing and I couldn't believe he was playing first-grade again after tonight's performance.

Marcelo Montoya. I was a huge fan of Monty when he first cracked the grade, and I really hate saying this but he needs to be dropped. Our right side is the worst defensive edge in the comp, and he got very fortunate tonight because the the Broncos caught him out three times and only managed to get the bounce of the ball once. He could have EASILY given up 12 points to Corey Oates but we were fortunate that Oates couldn't get a good bounce when he needed it. I don't care what Monty offers in attack, his defense alone is costing us a try a game and he needs to be cut for at least a fortnight until he improves his decision making in defense. Times like these make me wish Moses Suli worked out, but bring on Holland, Reimis Smith or Olive.

Kieran Foran. I know this one will catch you off guard, but every game this season without failure Foran goes missing at the back end of games. Any other halfback on $700,000 per year has the ability to close games out towards the back end, but every week I think to myself "where did Foran go?". Considering he has rookie players alongside him like JMK and Frawley, you would think he would be on the ball and really slowing things down when we need to, especially with a lead in the final 8 minutes. Instead, he goes missing and we play out-of-control footy rather than composed footy. He needs to take ownership of this team and really steer them home instead of deferring to players with less than 26 NRL games played.

GERALD SUTTON. I'm not going to rant and rave but I honestly felt like tonight's game was fixed. The most obvious call that made the game appear to be fixed was the blatant knock-on from Isaako that was ruled as "play on". Sutton has had a grudge against us ever since the 2015 Good Friday game against Souths where he got pelted with water bottles from supporters at ANZ Stadium after sending Klemmer off and awarding Souths the penalty goal from right in front. Combine that with the fact that the Broncos would have lost 3 games in-a-row at Suncorp had they lost tonight, there was something a little bit fishy in the officiating and it felt like they didn't want the Broncos to lose three straight in Brisbane due to the impact it would have on the fans. Put it simply, he's cost us the game. If he rules that Isaako knock-on as it was, we get the ball 10m out from their line and retain our lead. Instead, they end up going down our end and leveling the score with a penalty goal. Huge game changer that cost us the game in my opinion. The final play of the game where Mbye was penalised, I see that type of play every week where players are blocked on the kick-chase yet no penalty is awarded. Tonight that call went against us, but judging by the inconsistency in the refereeing so far this season I can't say that I'm surprised at all by the call.

Next Week's Adjustments:
Here is what I believe our line-up should be against the Eels in Round 10.

1. Moses Mbye
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. William Hopoate
5. Kerrod Holland
6. Josh Cleeland/Lachlan Lewis
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Danny Fualalo
11. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Aaron Woods
15. Renouf To'omaga
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Lachlan Lewis/Josh Cleeland

We also need to give Jacko more game-time. We looked lost without him and he only played 45 minutes against the Broncos. At the back-end of the second half, we had Klemmer and Jackson on the bench while we had our more inexperienced guys on the field. We need to have Woods, Klemmer and Jacko on to close out games and the coaching staff need to find a minutes-rotation that allows them to be on the field the close out. All three of those guys have represented their clubs in either finals footy or played Origin, and we need their experience on the field in those moments. Montoya, Elliott and Priest get cut, we debut To'omaga as well as Lachlan Lewis or Josh Cleeland. We play our experienced players to close games out, we replace out-of-form players with young hungry talent and we make one last push for a Top 8 finish. Depsite our horrendous record, we're still only 3 games removed from the 8 with 15 rounds of football still to play. If we fire up now, cut off the players who have been letting us down and dig in we can still play Finals footy. Last night against the Broncos was a step in the right direction and we were unlucky. Moving onwards and upwards from here. I expect the Dogs to come out and beat the Eels.

Let me know your thoughts on both the good and bad, as well as the line-up prediction.

Hang in there guys, it's tough but there's light at the end of the tunnel and some adjustments that we can make to get to the end of the tunnel sooner rather than later.
Not a bad team but I would leave Frawley at half and put Brown on the bench, and a toss up between Eastwood and Elliot.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The refereeing last night was nothing less than disgraceful!

Wouldn't have even been considered to be schoolboys standard!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Playing the Bulldogs has become as predictable as getting 2 points from a bye.

Greenbergs probably still filthy at the club and directed refs to pound us... we haven't had a fair run since he got the top job.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Playing the Bulldogs has become as predictable as getting 2 points from a bye.

Greenbergs probably still filthy at the club and directed refs to pound us... we haven't had a fair run since he got the top job.
Why would Greenberg be filthy with the club? If anything he has plenty of skeletons left here and you'd think he would look after us.

Status
Not open for further replies.