OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way I’d be dropping Xerri, he’s getting better every game and forming some good combinations on the left. I would love Skelton in the team, but cannot see where apart from the bench at the moment. Hopefully he’s next cab off the rank when we need to call someone up.
I'm not saying Xerri should be dropped, I just think we might gain more from Skelton

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Ennis said that on the back of all the heat being directed at her by the Tigers, which is wrong regardless of who the ref is.

The ref got some things wrong, every ref does every game. On the whole it wasn't a train wreck, there were plenty of good decisions.

Judging it is wrong makes your stance a philosophical/ethical one. That's fine, I'm not making statements in regards a philosophic or ethical stance, I'm considering the more utilitarian consideration of function. Some people are saying ref Sharpe does a decent job, better than Badger. What do you think?
Sharpe is way better l one of the best refs tbh. It’s got nothing to do with gender. Btw, Badger has been awful in the bunker too.

I have never seen a ref treated so belligerently as she was tonight. She needed to stamp her authority early and probably would have avoided how heated it got. But in saying that, the Tigers players were going off every 5 seconds yet you reckon she performed decently?! They may have been wrong in some instances, but they clearly were very unhappy with her.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the game and got home not too long ago.

Boys were a bit flat after the bye as I’m sure somebody has already noted. But once we clicked into gear we attacked with our defence and tigers couldn’t hang with us. Probably should have scored a few more tries but winning games is the ing I remember.
Onto the next !
Yep, very happy with how we started using our best quality (defense?!) in attack in the second half. With our line speed and strong hits, they never looked like scoring. Sad and pathetic Tigpie fans reckon it was the ref though lol. Good luck with that attitude.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharpe is way better l one of the best refs tbh. It’s got nothing to do with gender. Btw, Badger has been awful in the bunker too.

I have never seen a ref treated so belligerently as she was tonight. She needed to stamp her authority early and probably would have avoided how heated it got. But in saying that, the Tigers players were going off every 5 seconds yet you reckon she performed decently?! They may have been wrong in some instances, but they clearly were very unhappy with her.
I don't think they had much to complain about, in fact they got more calls in the first half. In a reasonable game of RL the team getting the calls changes, and when it changed against them they got the sooks. If they'd got on with it who knows what might have happened, but truth is they weren't good enough in the second half and decided to blame someone else.

We've had plenty of games in the last few seasons where the other team got by far most of the calls, sometimes ridiculously so, but whinging about the ref never resolved anything, we simply needed to improve.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Vital win!

In the words of Dave Grohl “hook me up a new revolution, cause this one is a lie”.

Bunji’s revolution got shut down by Bulldog.

It really is an important win, as we said the draw was going to open up and we have to take our opportunities against desperate sides like Tigers.
The Tigers remind me of the Bulldogs a few years back with trying different coaches and going back to the home grown coach like we did with Dean Pay.. Though I think Benji may eventually prove inspirational.

But the team has not rebuilt within and big name players may not have their hearts in it and will die for the Tigers. We learnt the hard way after trying with the big name players.

You can have lesser known players so long as they will bleed for you and thats the big difference between the Dogs this year and the Tigers and past Dogs sides in recent years.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should have been more than 22-14, especially with klemmer and seyfarth binned but I'll take it anytime.
As terrible as hutch is, at least he put in that nice kick for Curran and casey badger was terrible for both sides

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Should have been more than 22-14, especially with klemmer and seyfarth binned but I'll take it anytime.
As terrible as hutch is, at least he put in that nice kick for Curran and casey badger was terrible for both sides
Thought it seemed noticable after half time that Ciro has def had a word to him about getting the ball out to Critta etc and not to run as much with it himself and die with the ball. He played his part the coach gave him today.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How good is it when we get over the halfway line most sets due to Kiraz and Xerri making good metres, and then we're keeping the opposition from reaching their 40m most times. It builds pressure and intimidates when we have that slick line speed.
The complete opposite to last year, where we would be making it to the 30m (maybe) and needing Burton to boot out way out of trouble. I think we have a chance against Penrith if:
a) Cleary sits out and
b) Our completion rate is as good as todays.
Our ex-Riff boys to have blinders (Kiks, Burto and Critta).
The comp will take notice of the doggies if we can stay close or take down the premiers!!!!
GO BOYS
We will beat the panthers next week. Book it

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordinary game all around. We were woeful in the first half, flat as a tack after the bye. Not significantly better in the second but enough to get the job done. Kikau probably the difference. Presto no start but save him for the Panthers. Need to be a LOT better on Friday.
I left the ground thinking nothing special today but still a win.
We all know the boys will need to shift up a few gears to even get close next Friday night,anyway one game at a time.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Casey was taking our line back 12 metres, while taking the tigers back 8 metres multiple times throughout the game, it was ridiculous
To continue on with this, we were shocking that 1st half. Team really looked lethargic.

2nd half, EVEN THOUGH WE WERE BEING DRAGGED BACK 12 METRES AND TIGERS ONLY 8 METRES, our line speed was so impressive.

The 12 metres vs 8 metres, we were being dragged back 10 or 12 metres, more often than not 12 metres. I counted at least 10 times the tigers got an 8 metre defensive line before I gave up counting and this was throughout the game

Also I thought their first challenge they should've lost, it wasn't a strip (compare to carrigan clearly knocking the ball out last night in a challnege where sutton again was the video ref and it was given as a knock on) imo but with sutton in the bunker never going to happen

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Best call so far on this Ed. The references to body parts determining if you are a decent ref is idiotic.

Not sure if she is there bc of her vagina. Wasn't our decision to let her or any female train to be a ref lol. But she put her hand up and took on the job and by any truly fair assessment was not any worse than some of the inept refs we've already suffered thru this year. God knows I whinge with the rest of most on here about refs but she was roughly equal to both teams in her decisions and totally snookered by Sutton in the one's he had a hand in to adjudicate on.
TBH the other female ref seems a heap better than Badger.

It's not a gender thing, it's a competent thing

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you. No problem with your personal views....you've made it abundantly clear in other matters. The language is not the same for inept male refs tho. This today was just totally off the charts pinpoint sexully directed unnecessary insults. Bag her for her incompetence but swearing like a ratbag wharfie is not appropriate on a public forum in this day and age.

I don't feel the need to be using those derogatory, sexists terms on a public forum where Bulldogs supporters can be judged for unnecessary disgraceful language.

Ref and bunker were extremely poor but certainly not the worse we've had against us yet reading the comments you'd imagine she'd sent 6 of our players off.

There must be some sort of decent standards of behaviour and language IMO.
There's a fair few oversized children on here that think it makes them heroes

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TBH the other female ref seems a heap better than Badger.

It's not a gender thing, it's a competent thing
For sure. Lots thinking Sharpe is better. KB had a shocker but the linesmen and Sutton in the Bunker were shocking as well and were incompetent as well.