Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa needs to be given a message.. I woukd bench him.. an absolute flop.. he should be leading from the front
I thought the same thing, but Thompson deserves a chance to own him. Who knows maybe our British Bulldog will wake the Ginger Dud up..

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats not the point. We should be starting our best combos in their best positions every week, DWZ and Smith are wingers, Meaneys game at fullback has not been tried with the new rules and faster game and I think he is better this year.

Katoa has not played this year and should be given a go with a footnote that if he doesn't impress he is gone. Holland did have a combo working with Smith and defends at centre much better than out wide so there is no reason they wont pick that up. Ogden needs minutes and I would probably swap him for Britt who has been disappointing.
Meaney still runs like a pussy but at least he can catch and hold onto a ball, probably pass it better also lol.

But yes, your point about putting players in the right roles is correct. Pay keeps aimlessly shuffling shit around like an idiot and continually plays players incapable of executing certain roles in the wrong position. They aren't going to get better, why the fuck he persists with it is beyond me.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
TPJ is playing front row for them. He's gonna take napas head off

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD, Montoya is still in the team and no Avo - WTF??????????
Pay not going drop Montoya he scored one of only handful of tries that we have scored in the last 3 years. He is a superstar player

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we did

ok a few positional changes there but everyone knows Meaney at fullback has been tried and he offered fuck all

Holland in the centers fail

Katoa was absolute rubbish every time he’s been given a crack

look a few positional changes I agree but let’s not pretend it already hasn’t been tried
Meaney the poor **** had 3 games, Pay brought as a fullback and never gave him a proper go. I’m not saying he is the answer but he deserved a proper shot.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So Pay and @Nasheed are the same person. It’s the only explanation that makes sense !!

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FMD every week I look at the team list with a bit of hope bit of excitement a bit of glee if you will then i read the fucker and i feel like a 12 year old who's been rejected at the school disco. Seriously fucking Holland and DWZ at fullback put meany back there and ffs bring katoa or cogger onto the interchange.
And in whos fucking world is dropping AVO a good idea. Pay you nufty c**t

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney still runs like a pussy but at least he can catch and hold onto a ball, probably pass it better also lol.

But yes, your point about putting players in the right roles is correct. Pay keeps aimlessly shuffling shit around like an idiot and continually plays players incapable of executing certain roles in the wrong position. They aren't going to get better, why the fuck he persists with it is beyond me.
Agree, his returns are not strong. Think apart from being able to catch, he will be more likely to be pushing up in support on any breaks we make and his broken field running is good. We have been so poor in this area.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I refuse to believe Pay just opted to not select Averillo. Literally the one shining light we’ve had all season. The kid has to be still recovering. I just can’t fathom the coach being that dumb.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, his returns are not strong. Think apart from being able to catch, he will be more likely to be pushing up in support on any breaks we make and his broken field running is good. We have been so poor in this area.
he can always throw it to a winger

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I refuse to believe Pay just opted to not select Averillo. Literally the one shining light we’ve had all season. The kid has to be still recovering. I just can’t fathom the coach being that dumb.
Sounds like Pay is going to surprise you

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay keeping holland and dropping averillo and napa is the first guy picked by pay it fucken kills me and poor renouf and ogden

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NRL - Round 9

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Brisbane Broncos

Venue - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Time - Kick off 5:30 pm Saturday 11th July
TV Coverage - Foxsports
Tickets - N/A

Bulldogs

1 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2 Nick Meaney
3 Reimis Smith
4 Marcelo Montoya
5 Christian Crichton
6 Kieran Foran
7 Brandon Wakeham
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 Dylan Napa
11 Josh Jackson
12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13 Luke Thompson

14 Kerrod Holland
15 Dean Britt
16 Renouf To’omaga
17 Sauaso Sue

19 Ofahiki Ogden
20 Jack Cogger
21 Sione Katoa
22 Lachlan Lewis

Broncos

1. Tesi Niu
2. Jamayne Isaako
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Darius Boyd
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Brodie Croft
8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Issac Luke
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Corey Oates
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Tom Dearden
15. Thomas Flegler
16. Rhys Kennedy
17. Ben Te'o

18. Cory Paix
19. Jamil Hopoate
20. Kotoni Staggs
21. Matthew Lodge

Referees: Chris Sutton Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Drew Oultram
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Beau Scott

Bulldogs all-time record v Broncos
58 Played 24 Wins 32 Losses 2 Draws

Bulldogs record at Suncorp Stadium
30 Played 13 Wins 16 Losses 1 Draw

Last meeting
Round 25, 2019 Bulldogs 30 Broncos 14
Broncos will win
Dean pay your a dumb coach.
You have know idea
A good coach would of signed Curtis Rona for this year and Tim Lafai to fix our back line and given katoa the hooker role. Pay will be sacked on Monday next week.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you been living under a rock? Pay is that dumb

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Twin Dicks waiting every week for a win to throw it in our faces that we aren’t as bad as TK make it out to be.

Would love to see the champers bottle best by date been that long

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
In my opinion We MUST keep Holland in the 17 for his versatility, Line break ability, speed and goal kicking.
Remember we are lacking points, and we have someone in the squad who two seasons ago was the best in the business at busting tackles and breaking the line. Seems a no brainer to me given we can't seem to do that anymore and once he gets some confidence should be good.

Hoppa can't do that and neither can Montoya.