Round 8 Team V Roosters Match Discussion

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Barrett can now see it. Better for JJ andbthe team to have his impact off the bench....but knowing dumbarse Trent....
Especially in the red zone Dufty has better ball playing skills and vision than Flanno and our other 7s. Fox should be given a license to roam in attack and support offloads by TPR and co than be stuck on the wing. That's how we score points to make up for a dud 9 and the lack of a real 7.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Few players that can cop some flack stood up tonight. Flanagan was fantastic in defence, tevita went hard all night and has got his aggression in line at the moment and schoupp made manu non existent all night and jmk had a great game I thought, a few errors but some great defence all game and threatened with his runs. Huge team effort from the boys, beating the roosters should give them the confidence to knock some teams over in the next month
Perfect time to get JMK'S DH passing up to par tho. Barrett needs to fix it.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great win, some standouts:

Fox- absolutely brilliant, different level that first half, been one of our best this year, near top tackle busts in nrl, best winger in world for me still
Schoupp- This guy looks real class, gets better every week
Burto- That 40/20 kick was a beauty and then the goal kick to make it an 8 point game was class, hopefully he builds big confidence from this game
Flanno- Quiet in attack however real great effort in defence, defended real well all game, want to see him get his hands on the ball more
Dufty- Since the penrith game this bloke has really rolled his sleeves up and been brilliant, been one of our best past few weeks, taking carries on the 4th tackle even to take pressure off us, perfect pass for okunbor try aswell
TPJ- seen best and worst of him, first half he was dumb, second half brilliant, strong carries when we was under pressure and forced that ball free from chrichton at the end, brilliant half
Tommo and Vaughan- Not tommos best night but hes usually one of our best but still carried over 100m, Vaughan 140, good effort from both

Refs- Disgraceful, how wasnt the knock in seen for the tedesco try? Then the forward pass from Keary for the Toupenua try? Then before suaali scored, how didnt they see the verrils knock on mid field? and obstruction on burton?? Tried hard to cost us tonight, we beat them this week but we cant beat the officials every week, that shit needs to be sorted by the nrl, terrible display from the refs.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Graham Anus-sley will no doubt say on Monday it was “the correct call” regarding the NON- obstruction on Burton
Yeah he will say the bunker used their “discretionary powers” just like they did in the first Broncos game. It’s bullshit.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect time to get JMK'S DH passing up to par tho. Barrett needs to fix it.
Yeah still not the best and I don’t like bbo warming the bench and not getting game time in nsw cup. Can’t wait to see the change Mahoney will bring next year though, could unlock our whole team

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence wise sure and he had a couple of ok darts but his defensive reads and slow pause passes are terrible. My real point is why have bbo on the bench for 77 minutes when he maybe could of sparked our attack.
The mistake is not getting him on in last 10mins of first half and replacing him late in game again.
The bench rotation from Baz is a worry.
Keeping JMK on till late worked today but you can't be trying to hold onto a lead in every game. It's not a winning percentage plan.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on Trent Robinson who got asked about the last night try and he said

- I thought that was an obstruction from lead runner
- I thought his foot went out
- I thought forward pass (from Manu)

[emoji1433]
I didn’t notice the forward pass until I just watched it back either