Round 7 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would bring Kasiano in for Pritchard, he looks like he is back to his best judging from his performance in NSW Cup last weekend. Other than that I would keep the side the same

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would bring Kasiano in for Pritchard, he looks like he is back to his best judging from his performance in NSW Cup last weekend. Other than that I would keep the side the same
Why would you bring in a prop for a 2nd rower?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
V Rabbitohs will probably be the same lineup, but I would have my lineup looking like this:
FBK: S. Perrett
WNG: M. Brown
CEN: J. Morris
CEN: T. Lafai
WNG: D. Low or K. Inu
5/8: J. Reynolds
1/2: T. Hodkinson
FRF: A. Tolman
HKR: M. Ennis
FRF: J. Graham
2RF: T. Williams
2RF: J. Jackson
LCK: D. Finucane

Bench:
T. Browne
G. Eastwood
D. Klemmer
F. Pritchard

I would drop Thompson for Inu or Low, his size isn't the best and this week the Rabbitohs may target Thompson if selected like the warriors did. The lineup I would keep the same, Williams is now running the ball more on the edge which is good to see
I'm sorry.... I can accept that Thompson made a few mistakes in the last game but if Thompson is gone Brown will be gone before him. So far this year Brown has missed as many tackles as he has made total 5 tackles with 5 missed tackles. This is not just an anomaly in a single game but every game. While Thompson has 17 tackles with 2 missed, he also has 7 1 on 1 tackles, to Browns 1.

Yes Brown has played half the games that Thompson has but when you look at the percentages Brown is shocking in defence.

So you're probably right though, have Brown on the wing because they will not target him with kicks.... because they don't need to they will just run through him

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
by all accounts he's nowhere near his best, also he's a prop while pritchard is a second rower who plays out wide

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kasiano's return would have to be at the expense of Browne or Klemmer, unless Des wants to change the dynamic of the bench/interchange

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd go with-

RWNG: C. Thompson
RCEN: J. Morris
LCEN: T. Lafai
LWNG: K. Inu
R2RF: J. Jackson
L2RF: T. Williams

Bench:
S. Kasiano
G. Eastwood
D. Klemmer
R. Maitua

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team will be the same With POH on the bench replacing Pritchard. Hopefully the Rabbitohs will be without George and Ben.

Last 3 Games Hokko has had the following battles
Cronk - Australian/Queensland Half
Pearce - NSW Half
Johnson - Kiwi Half

we now add Adam Reynolds this week, who many believed deserved the NSW half job over Pearce last year. He will have had the opportunity to outplay 4 of the the 'best' halves in the competition in 4 weeks straight. Come on Hokko.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go with-

RWNG: C. Thompson
RCEN: J. Morris
LCEN: T. Lafai
LWNG: K. Inu
R2RF: J. Jackson
L2RF: T. Williams

Bench:
S. Kasiano
G. Eastwood
D. Klemmer
R. Maitua
Would love to see inu in for thompson and brown to stay where he is(stanley replace brown if fit)

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if des goes for ohanalan and browne on the bench as ahead of kasiano and matuia. Graham plays big minutes as well. I would like to see klemmer have two stints instead of one.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would you bring in a prop for a 2nd rower?
Because I would play Browne as a second rower instead of a prop like he has been at the moment. And people want O'Hanlon back in the side when he has been playing prop in first grade too

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
kas had a few good runs in NSW cup on the weekend...but at the end of it offloaded it back to a warriors player...
as much as id like to see him back in 1st grade...I cant see Des changing the team...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des will pick ohanlon but matuia has a chance as he plays wide on an edge where as patty plays tight right down the middle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kas will miss sooooooo many tackles in fg. He looks like his runnings in quicksand

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expect Mbye to make debut this week

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye will only play if Des wants to blood him prior to Origin/Reynolds missing.

O'hanlon in for Pritchard

TheHawk

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm sorry.... I can accept that Thompson made a few mistakes in the last game but if Thompson is gone Brown will be gone before him. So far this year Brown has missed as many tackles as he has made total 5 tackles with 5 missed tackles. This is not just an anomaly in a single game but every game. While Thompson has 17 tackles with 2 missed, he also has 7 1 on 1 tackles, to Browns 1.

Yes Brown has played half the games that Thompson has but when you look at the percentages Brown is shocking in defence.

So you're probably right though, have Brown on the wing because they will not target him with kicks.... because they don't need to they will just run through him
I'm glad you posted this, he has been an absolute rock defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.