OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Bailey can keep the 14 role always thought was a good way to blood the young guys in with low expectations and just let them play their footy for 20 minutes. Can think of Barba, Reynolds who filled that role when they were first blooded in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Between me and the kennel I have been training ciraldo the art of camouflage:grinning:
Shit no wonder the fans haven’t seen a good last ya Kyle option since 2014. It’s been camouflaged all this time with shit bomb kicks

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was supportive of keeping him there up until now. The time is right for a change and the team is starting to build a lot of confidence. Both Taafe and sexton would add another dimension to our attack behind a pack that is building nicely.
I'd say the time for any change is after the bye as that's 2 weeks we can prep for it in training.

We need a result and were so so close to it. I definitely wouldn't rock the boat now as we're talking fine margins between winning and losing, and the alternatives aren't really tested, are they?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They are still trying to get sexton to commit in defence in Reggie’s, playing him at 7 in attack and DH in defence is an old school trick with a gun shy half. I think Sexton might get his shot after the bye, but whenever it is it won’t be until he’s prepared to commit for 80 mins in defence IMO.
I haven't seen enough of ressies to comment too much, but I've heard plenty say that about him this year. Last year it was clear too.

I don't think Hutch will be the #7 at the back end of the year, and he's definitely not the future but swapping him out now doesn't make sense to me.

As you say, at least after the bye gives and prospective halfback 2 weeks in training to be drilled and prepared.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just look at the way Tracey ran and jumped towards the bombs to catch it, that small difference, between him and taffe, does wonders for the confidence of our team and starting our sets on the right foot

There's no way I see taffe catching bombs the same way
Do you thank there is a chance Taaffe may come on at halfback at some stage?

Buy all reports Sexton has been killing it in Reserves but it’s a big jump to 1st grade.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely King coming in. Ideally Hutchinson dropped but 2nd best scenario is Taafe remains on interchange to atleast have a go at HB.
why would u waste having Taffe on the bench...he either starts at half back or goes to nsw cup...ffs Ciraldo put hutcho in nsw cup

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of ressies to comment too much, but I've heard plenty say that about him this year. Last year it was clear too.

I don't think Hutch will be the #7 at the back end of the year, and he's definitely not the future but swapping him out now doesn't make sense to me.

As you say, at least after the bye gives and prospective halfback 2 weeks in training to be drilled and prepared.
Its not the misses with Sexton, every half in the comp misses tackles its his commitment to put himself in front and make a contact for 80 mins, I said at the start of the year that Sexton would get a crack at some point and he will but they needed to get that sorted first, like you I don't think it will be until after the bye but when he does he will be better than hutch on both sides of the ball. Again good coaching from Ciraldo IMO.

Reactions: J_B

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I'd say the time for any change is after the bye as that's 2 weeks we can prep for it in training.

We need a result and were so so close to it. I definitely wouldn't rock the boat now as we're talking fine margins between winning and losing, and the alternatives aren't really tested, are they?
I can see us winning by a large margin if we are relentless with our attack. A crafty halfback would be a massive point of difference and Hutchison just doesn’t have the skill or talent. He’s done a job for us in steadying our attack but now it’s time to be aggressive and make a positive change. I’m sure Ciro is seriously contemplating this

WDV

Waterboy
Reaction score
No Wilson in nsw cup still. Hope he is on the mend.

Sexton is usually named in nsw cup so the fact he hasn’t been named may mean he is a good chance of making the 17?
Probably just going to be 18th man, wearing Jersey 19 so if the team doesn't change 24hrs before, which of course it will, he most likely will be 18th man.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably just going to be 18th man, wearing Jersey 19 so if the team doesn't change 24hrs before, which of course it will, he most likely will be 18th man.
it’s really good to have that many backline options we haven’t had that for a very long time. It’s unfortunate that Wilson has to kind of be the one but last week, Xerri and kiraz carried us for 500 or so meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.