Official Round 6 v Rabbitohs Match Discussion

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I’m confident if the boys shape up that south’s are there for the taking.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget Sutton the Dogs have to give themselves a chance by having much better ball control and respect possession a lot more.
The last thing that I’m thinking about when heading to our games is who the ref is.
We basically made it impossible for ourselves to be in a contest last Sunday with the amount of errors.
Nothing is going to change come Friday if we can’t hold the ball at least.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let it go champ, IDGAF and nobody should give two hoots about Asiata who took a stance and has never worn our colours
Yep there is no way Asiata was ever going to be our starting lock. He was signed to play 20-25 minutes there at most

That’s all he could punch out in todays game

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Omg, trent definitely rooting Averagefellow, rather Shoupp over him, way more tougher.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We really need a centre in the mould of Chris Mortimer or Andrew Farrer. Averillo just doesnt cut it.
One guy who has played a lot of centre is Reece Hoffman. He's a robust young fellow and can tackle.
He has bulked up in the last year or so, and would be worth a chance at centre.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We played Sunday, prob gave the team day off on Monday and video today so probably why he put out the same team sheet as last week

We will prob get a run in tomorrow then captains run Thursday

Expect couple changes I reckon

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Hold onto the ball its the most basic fucken rule,

Burns held onto it too much though hahah on that one play the ball*

*Burns had too much sticky spray on his hand and knocked it on whilst playing the ball, leading to a try against the bulldogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We really need a centre in the mould of Chris Mortimer or Andrew Farrer. Averillo just doesnt cut it.
One guy who has played a lot of centre is Reece Hoffman. He's a robust young fellow and can tackle.
It’s not 1985 anymore…..Farrer and Mortimer wouldn’t be anywhere near first grade as a centre in the modern game.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We played Sunday, prob gave the team day off on Monday and video today so probably why he put out the same team sheet as last week

We will prob get a run in tomorrow then captains run Thursday

Expect couple changes I reckon
See how we go off a short turn around. We’ve had it pretty good tbh, with our regular matches for recovery and preparation etc.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
LoL ... did you have to go that far back? .. not a fan of McCracken, Vagana, Talau, Josh Morris etc. did I miss anyone and I don't mean Holland!!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This…
Great tackle technique from what I remember
we need another Vagana, what a year he had for us, try scoring freak. Or bring over a johnathon Davies from the UK, hed kill it on todays game.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only possible way we will get back near the top is for us to have the majority of our starting 17 debut for our club. They are more likely to stay for less money.

Jake is one of the few blokes in our 30 who have made their debut with us. We can’t just keep recruiting and paying overs.

But you are entitled to your opinion. Even though it’s a fuckin shit one lol
Ofcourse everyone is entitled to there opinion but please tell me when did I mention buying another player? We have plenty of other players who can play in the centres so that point you made is invalid.

Second just because he has gone through the ranks doesn’t mean he will most likely stay for less money. How the fuck does that make any sense atall. If another club threw more money at him then we did he will be long gone. (The only time he’ll stay is because no one else wants him because he is shit so obviously he will stay for less money!)…

Thirdly, name me one thing you have seen him do in any position since he has made his debut to suggest the kid has anything besides ‘potential’? So before you decide to come out with your smart ass comments how about you think before you type. Cause 3/4 of what you said made no fucking sense what so ever.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Omg, trent definitely rooting Averagefellow, rather Shoupp over him, way more tougher.
People don’t seem to understand that, ave is a lazy defender, carting out of our half the guy gets monstered 9/10 times. But people still rave he has potential. What potential? I havnt seen anything suggesting he will make any other teams first grade spot.

Reactions: TAS

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think burton and Flanagan can form a really solid combination I hope… you can see how much of a natural burton is with some of his touches… like the 40 20 against Penrith and his pin point grubbers into the goal line it looks effortless the way he strikes it