Official Round 6 v Rabbitohs Match Discussion

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far out mate is he even 21 ?

Been thrown into a shit side the last 2 years and is one of the only juniors to show something.

The problem with Mbye is that he was a running 5/8th or fullback. Never a halfback. Also his knees have been shot for a while
He has been playing grade for over 2 years now… yes he is young but was mbye. Sick of hearing potential and they turn to flops. What he has shown so far does not impress me atall. Yes he has been plying around shit players but he also is one of them

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This week should be about lateral shift on the line and supporting the ball in attack.
Simply scanning and reading the play.
kick behind them on the fourth, in fact pepper them and contest the ball like life and death.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how we drop Ava every second week fmd we need him against Souths forward pack. Patolo should be developing his game in the 2’s.
he hasnt been dropped he has just named the exact same team list as last week.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JOHN ASIATA was recruited for the ball playing lock option in attack that Jackson is awfully executing at the moment…
Asiata would of been a benchie at best imo. I'm not sure why he's rated so highly here (literally a Cowboys and Broncos reject). I doubt Baz's plan was to play Jackson on an edge full time especially when he was one of our best last year in the middle.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Latrell out and Cody Walker looking about as interested as Darius Boyd was in his death throes, we've got them at a pretty good time. If we can catch the ball we're a big chance. I reckon Ava will play.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s a better ball player than Jackson
He's a much worse player. Regardless of his vax status he would of been overseas anyways if it wasn't for us (same with Dufty).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Waste of an interchange if Wakeham only plays 7 min as he did last week
May as well just leave Benji less talented brother on for 80
That's what I don't get ... If Wakeham is going to get that little time, why not have Schoupp as 14. Gives cover to CTW and 2RF and halves of required due to injury or HIA as Averillo can be moved.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand the reasoning behind it, but Barrett essentially has us play with 16 instead of taking advantage of the utility on the bench.
hence my comment around may as well have 4 forwards

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
South Sydney Rabbitohs
v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Good Friday April 15 2022, 4:00pm
at Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park

1 Matt Dufty
2 Brent Naden
3 Braidon Burns
4 Jake Averillo
5 Josh Addo-Carr
6 Matt Burton
7 Kyle Flanagan
8 Luke Thompson
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 Paul Vaughan
11 Corey Waddell
12 Tevita Pangai Junior
13 Josh Jackson (C)

Interchange
14 Brandon Wakeham
15 Chris Patolo
16 Max King
17 Joe Stimson

Reserves
19 Bailey Biondi-Odo
20 Aaron Schoupp
21 Reece Hoffman
22 Jackson Topine
23 Ava Seumanufagai
24 Josh Cook
25 Corey Allan

Referees: Gerard Sutton;Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson;Video Referees: Chris Butler;

Hopefully Dufty can’t play any worse than last week - lucky he didn’t get dropped. Burns should’ve been swapped with Schoupp. Other than those, team looks pretty good.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully Dufty can’t play any worse than last week - lucky he didn’t get dropped. Burns should’ve been swapped with Schoupp. Other than those, team looks pretty good.
Totally agree. I got no idea How burns and JuNK didn’t get dropped

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been playing grade for over 2 years now… yes he is young but was mbye. Sick of hearing potential and they turn to flops. What he has shown so far does not impress me atall. Yes he has been plying around shit players but he also is one of them
The only possible way we will get back near the top is for us to have the majority of our starting 17 debut for our club. They are more likely to stay for less money.

Jake is one of the few blokes in our 30 who have made their debut with us. We can’t just keep recruiting and paying overs.

But you are entitled to your opinion. Even though it’s a fuckin shit one lol

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake’s tap-on against the Pennies was at least a sign - the first time I’ve seen JAC in open space wearing blue and white. Let’s hope we see more of that and soon!
I thought he held his own on Sunday night didn’t do much wrong.
It seems to be a preferred position and he’s still very young so let’s hope TB gives him a descent shot at getting comfortable.