Official Round 6 v Rabbitohs Match Discussion

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ambivalent about the early game this round. Hope these pricks at least make a game of it and don’t ruin my weekend.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there's ever a time we should stand up its today, good Friday, the germ Sutton as ref,multiple articles about our rubbish attack so far, 38-0 last year, the fox hasn't scored a try, souths without Mitchell. Come on fellas get the job done ffs

Last edited:

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully JC himself puts the number 1 or 9 on his back today and helps us. Otherwise he needs to give Fluffty some courage and No-Marshall-genes a brain.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm tipping Ava comes in the 17 & Wakeham drops out, pushing Schoupp to the 14 Role & may come off the bench as a second row option.

Our biggest concern today is our weak right edge defence & Souths potent left edge attack..... fix this by pushing up hard & fast on the inside & we win.

Dogs by 8.

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I want to see stimson on an edge and see if we can work with this for the rest of the year over waddell on that left edge. Feel like stimmo hasn’t had so much of a chance in his time here but was solid towards the backend of last year. I just saw a designed game day post by the dogs twitter and it had burns on it so he must of retained his spot which means schoupp 18th man and Seumanuafagi on the bench hopefully.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Easter Show with the family then the big game… going to be a long day… give us something boys!!!
Sounds like a great day out. When me and the wife lived in Newcastle we would always do the show / Bulldogs double. Hope you and the family have a good day

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a challenging game today, but it’s winnable. Today will dictate exactly how our season will shape up. Nice dry track, Latrell is out, no excuses. Round 6 no excuses to see some gelling, at least a bit of gel. We want gel, no mousse or barbers wax or hairspray, we just want gel.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year we got trounced but we were actually in the game for a while. I remember Cook on the Bsb the next week saying that is was a tough game. Then in second round we probably should have won.

We beat them in the second last round of 2020 to avoid the spoon. We actually aim up ok against them lately despite us being shit.

Styles make fights. I am expecting us to be in the game for a long while and maybe either snag a close win or get beat very late

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a challenging game today, but it’s winnable. Today will dictate exactly how our season will shape up. Nice dry track, Latrell is out, no excuses. Round 6 no excuses to see some gelling, at least a bit of gel. We want gel, no mousse or barbers wax or hairspray, we just want gel.
We actually showed some grit last week. When you think about some of the diabolical errors we made in our own half it was a surprise they only scored 5 tries. The week before against Melbourne a lot of their tries came against the run of play.

Our attack is still like a big creamy shit but we are definitely showing more resilience in defence this year

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like a great day out. When me and the wife lived in Newcastle we would always do the show / Bulldogs double. Hope you and the family have a good day
Thank you mate. Only one thing can make me happy today :tearsofjoy:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see stimson on an edge and see if we can work with this for the rest of the year over waddell on that left edge. Feel like stimmo hasn’t had so much of a chance in his time here but was solid towards the backend of last year. I just saw a designed game day post by the dogs twitter and it had burns on it so he must of retained his spot which means schoupp 18th man and Seumanuafagi on the bench hopefully.
I'm pretty sure Stimpson will play on an edge, he just worries me a bit as he looks a little unfit & carrying the extra KG's (look at me, the Pot).

The concern for mine is that when he tires he seems to get caught out laterally in defence.

I hope today & from now on though he can prove me & the doubters wrong.

We are gonna need him too as we are running out of second row options.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Stimpson will play on an edge, he just worries me a bit as he looks a little unfit & carrying the extra KG's (look at me, the Pot).

The concern for mine is that when he tires he seems to get caught out laterally in defence.

I hope today & from now on though he can prove me & the doubters wrong.

We are gonna need him too as we are running out of second row options.
I'd say Stimson has lost weight lol. He did well when he came on last week heaps of work in just 25 minutes. 5 runs for 60m and 17 tackles. You wouldn't expect that much more work over the 80 so he might do okay. He probably runs the best lines at the club though and that will be a massive help for the halves and backs on the left edge,.