OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's not the reason they were allowed to lay over the ruck, peel of the player whilst holding onto the ball till the last min..

Disgraceful....I honestly don't lose my cool during games but I lossed my voice tonight at the amount of times I loosed my shut calling for a 6 again or a penalty.

I think we got one.

Also was Grant offside at the scrum when he kocned the ball down? Could have been easy 2 points.
Wasn't saying that was the reason, just that no one expected us to come close to winning and last week and this week especially shows we're the real deal just lacking a key halfback

Yep 100% I called the Harry Grant offside too, should've been a penalty right in front

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free runs to the line?
Lol OK. He scored three tries. He was in the right position at the right time. He used his speed to score the tries when other wingers may have been run down. But hey, let’s find a negative in it Khalil

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tbh at the start of the game I thought the Dogs would get lapped at AAMI.
Storm are no easybeats....but your side showed it can play some decent free flowing edge to edge footy.

This is a top 8 side...only round 6 and they5 gonna trouble a lot of sides.

In the end 2 points in it and by any measure that's a result.

Things could be better...like the halves but still bloody decent effort against the odds

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't saying that was the reason, just that no one expected us to come close to winning and last week and this week especially shows we're the real deal just lacking a key halfback

Yep 100% I called the Harry Grant offside too, should've been a penalty right in front
I know I was just using it as a platform.

Shits me so much... we were the better team yet we get no leeway, it doesn't make sense tbh other than it goes against the script.

And we're back. We are definitely back. That was the CB Bulldogs out there tonight bar a fukn HB.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol OK. He scored three tries. He was in the right position at the right time. He used his speed to score the tries when other wingers may have been run down. But hey, let’s find a negative in it Khalil
I reckon Wilson scores all three.. lol just saying bro. He is a finisher no doubt.. he bombed an intercept and probably the wonner because he went in for a one hander don't forget too.. if you only knew how the coaches make them push up with their hands up for intercepts too.. coaches would be livid with it.

His work rate is also fukn bog average compared to eveveryone else in our backline.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon Wilson scores all three.. lol just saying bro. He is a finisher no doubt.. he bombed an intercept and probably the wonner because he went in for a one hander don't forget too.. if you only knew how the coaches make them push up with their hands up for intercepts too.. coaches would be livid with it.

His work rate is also fukn bog average compared to eveveryone else in our backline.

Wait... So the coaches are coaching to go for the intercepts, THEN when he does it, "he gambles too much on defense"? And I'm not saying it's neccessarily you making both arguments. It just shits me people here grasp at straws to find a negative about him, while ignoring any negative points for "their boy", because "he'll iron that all out of his game with a regular first-grade spot"... How about iron it out of your game in a lower-pressure situation, THEN progress to first grade? :confused:

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t disagree but that’s not the point I was making. Taffe might be an option but we’ll see I guess.
I mean SURELY if Sexton/Taffe haven't played their way INTO the halves, Hutch STILL has to be close to playing himself OUT of the position, RIGHT??? Then again, Perham last year... :sweatsmile:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wait... So the coaches are coaching to go for the intercepts, THEN when he does it, "he gambles too much on defense"? And I'm not saying it's neccessarily you making both arguments. It just shits me people here grasp at straws to find a negative about him, while ignoring any negative points for "their boy", because "he'll iron that all out of his game with a regular first-grade spot"... How about iron it out of your game in a lower-pressure situation, THEN progress to first grade? :confused:
No they are drilled to push up in a line with the outside men having their hands up in front of their chests. That way their hands are always in a position to anticipate a catch for the ball rather than snatch at it if it comes their way.

Picture a cricket player... Do they throw their hands at the ball at the last moment or do they position them ready for a catch.

Believe it or not it works a treat and JAC failed that drill tonight miserably...

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very disappointed to lose but I’m proud of the boys and it’s evident and there’s clear evidence we are building week on week. Also can’t remember the last time we had 8 line breaks in one game just unlucky not to finish a few more.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I mean SURELY if Sexton/Taffe haven't played their way INTO the halves, Hutch STILL has to be close to playing himself OUT of the position, RIGHT??? Then again, Perham last year... :sweatsmile:
Changing a halfback is the absolute last thing a coach wants to do, disrupting combinations that you have worked on all off season especially when we are playing as well as we are. I doubt he will swap him for sexton he might swap him for Taffe because he’s going to struggle to get him back into the side at FB. I won’t be surprised If leave’s Hutch at seven and I don’t really care TBH it’s not long term.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Changing a halfback is the absolute last thing a coach wants to do, disrupting combinations that you have worked on all off season especially when we are playing as well as we are. I doubt he will swap him for sexton he might swap him for Taffe because he’s going to struggle to get him back into the side at FB. I won’t be surprised If leave’s Hutch at seven and I don’t really care TBH it’s not long term.
This is what most people forget. We are not much chance to make the finals this year. So we need to build combinations for next year. Moving players destroys that. In the offseason we can do that. Not during the year.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what most people forget. We are not much chance to make the finals this year. So we need to build combinations for next year. Moving players destroys that. In the offseason we can do that. Not during the year.
Yep everything we are doing now is with an eye on the future .

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes but it's not like Hutch was the only one playing half back during the off-season. What do you think Sexy was doing? Of course he was training there all off season as well. At the end of the day CC has given him a big run and doesn't knee jerk like some other coaches do. He gave Flanno a decent crack at it last year. He gave Hayze even longer. I guess it depends on what options he has and whether he sees errors in their games. For mine Hutch is crippling us when we are in the opponents red zone. He is not delivering. Maybe he is ticking boxes for CC in the other 80m of the field.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I think we are a decent chance of making the finals. Didn’t think it at the start of the year but we could have very easily been 4 wins from 6 matches had a few things gone our way… shouldn’t write off this year as yet. We will upset a few teams if we can continue to play with the effort we did this evening

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes but it's not like Hutch was the only one playing half back during the off-season. What do you think Sexy was doing? Of course he was training there all off season as well. At the end of the day CC has given him a big run and doesn't knee jerk like some other coaches do. He gave Flanno a decent crack at it last year. He gave Hayze even longer. I guess it depends on what options he has and whether he sees errors in their games. For mine Hutch is crippling us when we are in the opponents red zone. He is not delivering. Maybe he is ticking boxes for CC in the other 80m of the field.
Exactly. He is very clearly one of if not the best defensive halfbacks in the game. And more importantly he is part of the defensive system that is saving this team from being flogged each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.