OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the fuck are we paying 7 bucks to win
It’s disrespectful.
Despite the circumstances we beat a genuine title heavyweight and have the best winning record of any team against the Storm (not to mention we beat them in round 2, 2023).

Storm have been less than convincing this year and just beat the Wahs and Broncos both at home

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s disrespectful.
Despite the circumstances we beat a genuine title heavyweight and have the best winning record of any team against the Storm (not to mention we beat them in round 2, 2023).

Storm have been less than convincing this year and just beat the Wahs and Broncos both at home
Disrespectful or an opportunity?

I agree, Bulldogs were robbed against Souths as well.

There has been money for dogs this morning so most value has now dissapeared.

Maybe one place left for a bit of value on a speccie bet is a Bulldog player to score multiple tries?
eg Matt Burton to score 3 tries at $300.
Same as last week...

Bulldogs 13+ shortened from 30/1 last night to 22/1 today on Sportsbet (TAB 16/1).

TAB updated all their exact winning margins in past hour to be same as Sportsbet.

They had a couple of anomalies in exact margins (Bulldogs to win) but they're gone now.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
tempted to put a bet on us to win and add a few anytime try scorers in a multi

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting comment there about doggies fans becoming players. How good would that be? I remember dreaming about it, but only started properly following them in my late teens and I wasn’t interested in playing footy much before then. I played organised soccer and cricket mostly in my teens and only played footy with mates occasionally. So for me, it would have been a stretch to ever play for the mighty dogs, but I’m happy for the likes of Bailey and Kiraz and others who have trodden that path. Must be a massive thrill.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing Hutch move to 13 and give Hayward some minutes at 7

silva

Utility
Reaction score

Maybe one place left for a bit of value on a speccie bet is a Bulldog player to score multiple tries?
Same as last week...

Bulldogs 13+ shortened from 30/1 last night to 22/1 today on Sportsbet (TAB 16/1).

TAB updated all their exact winning margins in past hour to be same as Sportsbet.

They had a couple of anomalies in exact margins (Bulldogs to win) but they're gone now.
Definitely an opportunity. I’m not sure if more dogs players will pull out and don’t like betting this far out from the game but atm the line looks like the go. Dogs were paying 5 bucks to beat the roosters

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Those were his highlights... u didnt see his lowlights. Pure rocks and diamonds that kid.
Skelton used to be at the Rebels, who use same training facilities and AAMI Park as the Storm. Might this have been a factor in taking him to Melbourne (assuming he actually gets on the plane)? Just a thought I had.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone heard of Jack Todd? How far away is he from 1st grade? Looks like he had a big game last week against the roosters!
He looks fit, good footwork at the line and always looking for work. He is much better than knight.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe Burton will be primed to make a big statement against the QLD and Australian number 6 on Friday, I reckon the whole team and coaching staff are in his ear about a blues jersey this year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Same as last week...

We are $5.90 on the NZ TAB

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people are obsessed with Burton moving to the centres, he played there in the second half last week and we scored one try against 12 then 11.
Probably not the reason why we only scored 1 try,but yeah, people are obsessed with a lot of bad ideas on here.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He definitely has. Gotta admit I wasn’t a fan of the signing but he has been one of our best. Just gives the attack that little more variety and he’s a workhorse
I'm with you. I wasn't sold when we signed him but he seems to have one of the best footy IQ's in the team.

I honestly believe he'd be a better 7 than Hutch. I'm just not sure about his kicking game.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After watching the replay I saw the moment K Mann fractured his hand - 1 min from halftime when he smashed/trapped Jennings in the in goal
He also landed heavily on hand/wrists after that cracking pass to Burton .

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now now Alzz, no need to get your knickers in a knot because you opened your mouth to change feet again.

So what? What about at the business end of the season when the Storm have 1 home game in the last 5 rounds? If you were a Storm supporter you’d be calling that corrupt and deliberate too.

The simple fact is there is no secret sauce to make the draw perfect. There’s too many inputs. Yet here’s you with zero knowledge of reality saying ‘they’ (assume the NRL, who by the way don’t even do the draw) are ‘propping up the Storm in an AFL town’. Guess what? The Storm are owned by a very wealthy consortium of three investors who don’t need any ‘propping up’.

Tty to gather some facts before posting champ :-).
There is a secret to making the perfect draw. Each team plays every other team twice. But unfortunately that’s too long a season. Next best is every side plays every other side one time. With home games changed each year. But then the seasons too short.

The answer is to add more teams. When that happens. We may see an even comp.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There is a secret to making the perfect draw. Each team plays every other team twice. But unfortunately that’s too long a season. Next best is every side plays every other side one time. With home games changed each year. But then the seasons too short.

The answer is to add more teams. When that happens. We may see an even comp.
It’s way more complicated than that.
Venue availability eg: shared grounds Ponies/Fins both using Suncorp or 2023 when the FIFA WWC made Accor Stadium unavailable for 5 weeks meaning no Dogs or Soufs games there for that period). Plus there’s travel time and costs for teams like the Warriors and Cowboys who move around more than Sydney based teams. There’s turn-around times so no-one unfairly has too many 5/6 day turns. There’s return scheduling where no-one wants to see two teams play each other too close together during the season. There’s the number of night and day games each team plays. There’s Magic Round. There’s regular fixtures like Dogs/Soufs Good Friday, Tigers/Eels Easter Monday and Chooks/Steelers Anzac Day. There’s requirements from the broadcasters who pay the money that funds the club grants and more or less the players wages. Moving just one game can have knock on effects across the whole season. It’s a lot more complicated that it looks but then you get buffoons saying it’s ’corrupt’ and ‘The NRL are trying to give the Storm a leg up’. I’d love to see them have a crack at creating a flawless draw just as I would love to see them with a whistle in hand. Now THAT would be entertaining :-).

Status
Not open for further replies.