OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s not his debut until he steps on the field. Like I said, he’s probably starting but named on the bench to take the focus off his debut. That’s more believable than him subbing on for Reed, or do you think he’ll come on as lock?!

seriously think about it. What position does he play? Halfback converted into a hooker, hence he can play both positions. There’s no way he’ll sub for Reed though, as that’s only happened in trials afaik, but happy to be proven wrong as it should happen. Reed should play from 1st to 30th minute and from 50th to 81st. But let’s say the more likely thing happens and he plays 80, where does Bailey play? Only possibility is lock or injury cover. It would be out of left field but I hope he does start at 7. The same traits he displays as a 9 (i.e: playing direct) is exactly what we need from our 7.
He should share the role at hooker but doubtful Ciraldo will move Reed or take him off.
I think he will come on at lock and play Manns roll he was named at lock last week in Cup until they were dropped out to back up the nrl side.

I like him at hooker he plays really direct and straightens the attack.
So we'll see what happens i suppose.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He made over 50 tackles in the roosters game and is clearing everyone in the most tackle stats by a fair margin
Yeah he did , but in our first three game he made closer to sixty his misses where higher and his defence falls off a cliff as does his service .the last few weeks he’s made less tackles missed less and his service has improved especially in the roosters game, fatigue is killing him in the back end of games and it’s killing us. He also straightened up in the roosters game I think someone has told him to pace himself in d and stop skipping sideways out of DH he was passing off the ground in the roosters game and it made a huge difference to our attack.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We could use Skelton this weekend. He ran over 300m in cup last week. Beast mf
I agree, two short stints at prop in both halves with a simple game plan, tuck it and Run and make your tackles.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'll be happy so long as we don't let fucking Wishart score the shittest tries on us like he has done to others.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure Crichten knows anything about fullback, gunna be a crash course in high/low kick defence, positional support play and what happened to the reason the bought Liam Knight?
Dogs can win this one too.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn’t looks like Skelton will get a run in the 17 which is a shame

Wilson still sick? Had a virus last week.

I’m guessing the plan for Hayward is to come in and play hooker and Reed goes to the 13 ball playing role ….

winnable game if the game plan is sound
If Tracey’s calf strain hampers him this week then Skelly is the only back named on the extended bench and would come in.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
4 in the first 6 rounds you flog
Now now Alzz, no need to get your knickers in a knot because you opened your mouth to change feet again.

So what? What about at the business end of the season when the Storm have 1 home game in the last 5 rounds? If you were a Storm supporter you’d be calling that corrupt and deliberate too.

The simple fact is there is no secret sauce to make the draw perfect. There’s too many inputs. Yet here’s you with zero knowledge of reality saying ‘they’ (assume the NRL, who by the way don’t even do the draw) are ‘propping up the Storm in an AFL town’. Guess what? The Storm are owned by a very wealthy consortium of three investors who don’t need any ‘propping up’.

Tty to gather some facts before posting champ :-).

Status
Not open for further replies.