OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any word as to who's in and out for sure?

We know Fox and Wilson are available for selection.

Kikau and King are probable in playing.

We know that Taafe and Mann are certainly out.

Any updates on Tracey, Edwards and Patolo?

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now that he's halfback we kind of need to stick by him until someone within the lower grades really stakes a claim for the no.7 jersey.

I don't see Sexton or BBO being retained beyond this year.

We really now need to quieten down trying to recruit everything on the market and believing in our investment systems.
I too believe in being patient and waiting on these young blokes to mature but I still want to win games this year and believe Sexton has a better skill set than Hutch. Hutch proved to us that he’s game management isn’t great, he’s bombed several tries showing and going instead of using the overlap, his kicking game is weak and misses just as many tackles as halves in the lower grade.
Tell me what he brings that Sexton won’t do as good or better?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now that he's halfback we kind of need to stick by him until someone within the lower grades really stakes a claim for the no.7 jersey.

We really now need to quieten down trying to recruit everything on the market and believing in our investment systems.
Pretty much.. BBO played half a game at hooker on Saturday whilst Casius Tia and Joseph Oneil showed they can handle the next level. Add Hutch, Hayward and the other kids coming through is doesn't seem like their is any room for another potential half.

If anything i can still see the need for the club to look at a season HB.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sexton has a contract for 25.
If the club is backing in O’Neill and Woods to progress to nrl standard in the next couple of years ideally bring in an experienced head to provide some leadership in the interim eg Townsend and then hand over the reigns.
Going back a few years Tbaz plan had some merit when he signed Blake Green as a short term option but went horribly pear shaped when he did his knee and we then signed Flanagan.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sexton has a contract for 25.
If the club is backing in O’Neill and Woods to progress to nrl standard in the next couple of years ideally bring in an experienced head to provide some leadership in the interim eg Townsend and then hand over the reigns.
Going back a few years Tbaz plan had some merit when he signed Blake Green as a short term option but went horribly pear shaped when he did his knee and we then signed Flanagan.
Eventually these players will want to play NRL and won't want their pathway blocked. We may as well stick with Hutchinson since he's with us next year and we are going have to blood these players. Some of them are older than Galvin.

The NRL signings tracker has Sexton end of 2024. Our media department has it end of 2025. Our own website isn't the most reliable.

Most publications said end of 2024. Either way I don't see Sexton being with us in 2025 unless a miracle happens. I think Gus and Ciro have stamped his cards.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is there any word as to who's in and out for sure?

We know Fox and Wilson are available for selection.

Kikau and King are probable in playing.

We know that Taafe and Mann are certainly out.

Any updates on Tracey, Edwards and Patolo?
Tracey wont be back until after the bye
Edwards and patolo are 50/50 but most likely to be rested this week

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ever feel like you wanna belt the fuck out of someone?

Not a specific person.

Just want to kick the fuck outta someone.

Anyway, up the doggies.
Yes there's been a few I wanted to hammer the living daylights out of. But usually they were specific people. One was a guy I worked with. Lazy as.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever feel like you wanna belt the fuck out of someone?

Not a specific person.

Just want to kick the fuck outta someone.

Anyway, up the doggies.
Not really mate but then I grew up in an era where we gave as good as we got all the time school, afternoons and sport was a lovely time though.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Backline named today will be…

1. Joash Papalii (NRL debut)
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Bronson Xerri
5. Jacob Kiraz
There'll be wild celebrations at my place if that gets read out at 4pm!!

I'm hoping last week's experience twists his arm to have a go with Joash. Rubbish luck for Tracey, but maybe it's a sign it's time to blood him in FG? Taaffe and Tracey both injured and Critta clearly a centre

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly Melbourne at full strength would galvanise our team more than if they had key players out.

Look at how we performed against the Roosters at full strength then when they were lost 2 key players and had one sent off. We are a complacement team

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
will most likely be critta at fb, kiraz at center and Wilson wing

though I prefer your suggestion better
If the game was in Sydney they may go the kid but an away game in a match Melbourne are likely to win by a bit is not the place to debut a fullback for me. Crighton as it is only a week makes sense.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
some concerning stats

we're are the 2nd most penalised team in the competition with 32 penalties conceded.

We're also the 2nd team with the most missed tackles in the competion with mahoney on 23 missed tackles, kikau 22 missed tackles and Hutchinson on 20 missed tackles

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer critter stay in the centres for his defence storm aren’t stupid they will target there if he’s at fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.