Round 6, A bulldog....In the Chook Pen & the Bulldog ARMY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXIMUS888

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't normally post in this forum but regularly visit daily. I was born in Canterbury, Live in Canterbury, have all always followed the bulldogs through & through...I always try to get out to games when ever possible especially when there at ANZ or SFS...I attended the game last night as the only bulldog supporter within a group of Rooster friends & as tough as it was we all sat in the Chook Pen, I was surrounded by "EASTS", I wore my colours proud, whilst they were yelling out their love for SBW which left me a very bitter taste in my mouth. Security kept checking my ticket but was nice about it, shook hand of one of the security blokes on a good luck tonight prior to kick off. The squad played a very tough game last night which I hope but believe can only improve on, you can tell theirs alot of frustration out there when being so close up. It was very frustrating to watch but we had our moments where I believe boys were firing up but just couldn't get it right which made it at the end all that more hard to watch for all fans especially with our expectations. I Personally believe no one regardless of personal issues intend to lose in a first grade game with possible exceptions for any poor sportsman's out there.

SBW scoring really made that night terrible for me personally BUT the true highlight of the night for me when all the fans to my right of the stadium...a solid sea of blue and white which arched around the bays to right behind the posts... THE BULLDOG ARMY. In unison as if everyone had a linked radios the BULLDOG amry led a chant in the Stadium when SBW was on the field..."SWB is a WANKER" Everyone could not avoid this nor SBW himself...They, no wait "WE" fans in the stadium really gave it to him as is a just cause, I was up on my chair in the chook Pen as well chanting with my fellow brothers & Sisters. The Chook Pen could only be amazed with the comradery and were somewhat intimidated by it....amazing to see all the bulldogs standing and chanting & clapping in unison. Also happy we didn't go to over board as fans I believe we have been cleaning up on our image. So proud of the ARMY WELL DONE FOR MAKING A FUC&ING EFFORT AND SUPPORTING THE BOYS THERE AND THEN!. I think as fans on the board we underrate ourselves and the impact we can contribute to the team when they are out there on the field seeing a sea of blue and white. You can either critic specific players online which would normally get ignored by club officials or get off your lounge chair and BE THERE knowing you are increasing the chance for a doggies VICTORY!! Another good thing I love about live games is talking with supporters from both sides on the commute home and seeing everyone's different views/aspects on the game and the league it self (except dragon fans as often their ego's are just o much lol). There are alot of threads being created on negative criticism of certain players which is fair enough and it great ot voice our opinions but I think as a forum it would be so much more immediately beneficial to shift the threads attention into supporting the CLUB at the game. Fan attendance is so underrated by many...lets start a campaign..even challenging each other to whom supported the club there and then at the arena or campaign of sorts. BULLDOG FAN THROUGH THE GOOD TIMES AND THE TOUGH TIMES AS WE ARE FAMILY!

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well said mate , just a shame we couldn't score any points to wave our flags and keep the cheering going strong, yet first half in the "KENNEL" we were very vocal and united with our cheers. Good to hear someone sitting on the other side see this.. It's a work in progress to get more people involved,

I for one used to sit in the stands for over 20 years and joined the Kennel this year for a more passionate experience to just let myself go and unwind ..

I just hope that with the current form people don't just walk away and wait till we win games before they jump back on the wagon.

we are true loyal bulldogs fans and I for one will be there ( god willing ) next game vs the Sharkies...
TOGETHER.FOREVER

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If the players had our supporters heart they would be undefeated all season

T Rex

Waterboy
Reaction score
Great thread Bro, brave man sitting with those Latte sipping knobs.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
If only they played with the passion we showed last night, the crowd was rocking in that first half and then they come out with that sh!t in the second half, oh we, that chant was awesome, went for ages and everyone joined in, any video of it?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea saw the chant and was on the other side. Looked unreal... Sonny had it right in his face and you can tell he was intimidated when he said his little prey In the beginning just before kick off. Did anyone see that? Besides him having the best nrl game so far this year. That chant made up for the hopeless game... Hope he plays at anz cause ill be there when we play them again

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
great write up mate

but it took 30 mins to read.

please hit that "EDIT" button and use SOME spacing. It's very difficult to read like that

Cheers mate :love:

100% agree with the sentiment. :grinning:

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't of been too worried sitting with those bunch in the cock pen.. Noticed most of their jerseys were straight off the rack.. Bandwagoners who don't know who SBW is nor how the game is actually played. Those anuses were probably more scared of you on your own!

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
About time their was some sort of chant because it seemed very dull at the souths bulldogs game

love when bulldogs fans get a chant going

Status
Not open for further replies.