Round 5 - Titans v Bulldogs Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Are you serious? Have you watched much of Roberts at Parra? He's looked wretched.

Keating was Keating today. Pretty mediocre, but solid. Looked good defensively - kicking erratic at best.
in saying that keating isnt better than roberts tbh

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you serious? Have you watched much of Roberts at Parra? He's looked wretched.

Keating was Keating today. Pretty mediocre, but solid. Looked good defensively - kicking erratic at best.
Playing in that rabble of a team what could you expect ? Imagine Kris Keating in that team, it'd be absolutely HILARIOUS...

Roberts has done more for us than Keating ever has...Atleast he was brillant with our left side in 2009...Keating is downright terrible

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe my judgement isn't as good as everyone else's on here, but I thought Keating was fine today. He wasn't great, but he's never really going to be. One linebreak for a try and a few good moments defensively. Okay, this was balanced out by a couple of awful kicking moments, but he didn't disgrace himself at all.

Just a matter of opinion, maybe, but I had no major complaints with him today,

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Maybe my judgement isn't as good as everyone else's on here, but I thought Keating was fine today. He wasn't great, but he's never really going to be. One linebreak for a try and a few good moments defensively. Okay, this was balanced out by a couple of awful kicking moments, but he didn't disgrace himself at all.

Just a matter of opinion, maybe, but I had no major complaints with him today,
point taken

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roberts was awesome last night in the eels upset, for the record. Doesn't really matter here anyway as he's a 6, and if he was here Reynolds would probably played 7 instead. Does sound better than KK though, he was ok today but not great. One good pass, tried hard but kicked poorly and doesn't show any control over the team direction which is crucial as a HB.

At least he didn't overplay his hand, and Reynolds did most of the ball play.

Ennis struggled today, was glad we had Romelo to come on in the first half.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts was awesome last night in the eels upset, for the record. Doesn't really matter here anyway as he's a 6, and if he was here Reynolds would probably played 7 instead. Does sound better than KK though, he was ok today but not great. One good pass, tried hard but kicked poorly and doesn't show any control over the team direction which is crucial as a HB.

At least he didn't overplay his hand, and Reynolds did most of the ball play.

Ennis struggled today, was glad we had Romelo to come on in the first half.
I thought Roberts looked poor last night. One highlight-reel linebreak, but then a couple of his customary brain explosions too. He also posted an early contender for the worst pass of the season, a title he likely won last year with his hideous floated ball straight to Hayne during last season's 8-7 win.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keating just isn't a first grade footballer. He wasn't horrible, but he just does not cut it. He tries hard, he just isn't skillful enough. His kicking game, especially short game was horrible. Just wasted plays. I really hope hodko can get back earlier than expected. Storm will out 60 on the side of the last 2 weeks. Manly are playing worse than us so that could go either way

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought keating was pretty decent. His kicking game could improve but im sure there is stacks more pressure on the kicker in FG then NSW cup or whatever. Hopefully he'll get better.
Keating DID go okay. He had a big hand in the Dogs first try, his kicking game was alright and got better towards the end - we've had plenty worse. His defence was okay and so was his attack.

He can't be held responsible for the forwards weak around the ruck defence (eg Myles try), the non existent speed off the line and the chronic turn over of posession. To sort that out we have Des Hasler so we'll see what happens in next Friday's stroll in the park with the Bunnies.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Roberts looked poor last night. One highlight-reel linebreak, but then a couple of his customary brain explosions too. He also posted an early contender for the worst pass of the season, a title he likely won last year with his hideous floated ball straight to Hayne during last season's 8-7 win.
are you serious?? did you watch the game?? Roberts had a blinder, barr only that one silly pass he through. He was involved in every lead up to a try and his kicking play was fantastic. He outplayed Sandow. He had a man of the match performance. Without him last night they would have lost. He was clearly there best player just in front of Moi Moi and Mannah. He made many breaks by the way. I dont think you watched the game mate. You honestly have no idea what you are posting on here..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sorry i have to agree with who you were replying to. Roberts was very good last night. I actually watched the whole match on fox, not just the highlight reel. BUT we all know Roberts can do that, in patches. He wont keep it up. They were playing a Manly side minus a string of gun players and lost Foran during the match. It wasnt what i would call a season changing win. We play them next week at ANZ and we win 40-6.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry i have to agree with who you were replying to. Roberts was very good last night. I actually watched the whole match on fox, not just the highlight reel. BUT we all know Roberts can do that, in patches. He wont keep it up. They were playing a Manly side minus a string of gun players and lost Foran during the match. It wasnt what i would call a season changing win. We play them next week at ANZ and we win 40-6.
Probably more like 34-16 or something..Hayne will get his customary one or two tries against us, he seems to always do it.

Roberts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keating though, while i dont think Roberts would've prevented the Titans scoring points today he definitely would've help us scored.

People really have forgotten how lethal he was with Morris in 2009, it wasn't just one game, he was consistently there the whole season. Not an absolute star but he was decent and he did more for our team than Keating ever will

Status
Not open for further replies.