OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get to watch again this week. Not sure yet if I'm glad or not. But a couple of things I'm happy with.

First is Sam Hughes starting. I generally like to see younger players eased in. But I'd also like to see how he copes with the added responsibility of starting even if he has a few stints rather than a longer one. Hopefully the hype from staff and players was right and he gets to live up to it with more game time. Crossing my fingers he has a game that leaves him with plenty of confidence.

Second is Wilson being back. He's a quality player and it's always nice to have picked someone out of relative obscurity and see them flourish. I think he jumped from the Noosa Pirates to our reserve grade squad and within a year had debuted in the NRL. At any stage over the last 6-8 years the coaches would've asked him which wing he wanted to play on. Unfortunately now he's got some great competition and is going to have to absolutely kill it on game day whenever he gets an NRL start to retain a spot.

I'm a bit nervous about this game. But I hope they've taken something out of every game to build confidence with. I think we'll produce some very good football at times this year, but I just can't for the life of me guess which weeks they'll be :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
You have every right to be nervous mate.

1. They have a superior roster
2. They have won 2 comps since the last time we made the finals
3. They have made the finals every year since 2017. We haven’t made them since 2016

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I actually do love reading and seeing the positive perspectives on here. Legit no sarcasm or anything.

I tend to struggle with that at times as i let blind passion/emotion get in the way.

So thanks for all those calmer legends!

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
dk why everyone is getting worried about Fridays game....

stats wise this season we're on par with the roosters in almost every stat after 4 games and we're not even playing that good

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we play with the same determination as the last 3 weeks, we will keep it close for the first 50 mins, before it blows out.
1. Hutcho will be too slow to get through any holes and will let in at least 2 tries because he will get run around, which will put pressure on our outside defenders. He will also fuck up at least 2 try scoring opps with the wrong pass option or lack of skill. Answer = give Sexton a crack.
2. Taafe will drop at least 3-4 high balls, 2 will result in us letting a try in due to a build up in pressure and repeat sets, tiring us out eventually. Answer = give Tracey a go at fullback.
3. Salmon will commit at least 3 fucking woeful errors during the game, either preventing us from scoring or letting a try in. Answer = Mann or Curran to 13 and 12 respectively. Salmon back to cup.
I know that these answers may not result in a win. But we are most likely guaranteed a loss with the current three guys in the 13. We know what we will get from them. Ciraldo, take a chance on these other options, I believe you can coach, but you are so fucking stubborn repeatedly picking your pets.
What's the worst that can happen with these changes? We may actually trouble the Roosters with a quicker half, FB that can catch and doesn't get dominated on kick returns and a picking lock that can actually punch through the line and trouble the opposition defense. Who's with me???
  • Edwards is there to sub Salmon (at 50 minute mark)
  • Knight is in front row rotation (Poasa a little unlucky - but Knight posted good numbers in Reggies)
  • Kitone as an edge forward
  • Mann - wherever he needs him - spark!!

Hutch @ 13 (need his yap, D & kicking)
Sexton @ 7

Salmon ... Reggies

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t worry mate, we’ll see him again at some stage this season. Probably in a game away from Sydney where only a small percentage of the crowd are Bulldogs fans.
What do you mean gb..are you saying that not everyone follows the mighty bulldogs.......? They must be fools.....

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dk why everyone is getting worried about Fridays game....

stats wise this season we're on par with the roosters in almost every stat after 4 games and we're not even playing that good
Well

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was going to post that for a fanbase that loves their club so much, we show it in an unusual way

I hate losing, but I reckon we've come a long way this season and barring a really shitty draw, we would be having very different conversations about the very same team. Because they would have won 3 or 4 against the lesser teams. We should have beaten those grubs last week and on a different day, we very well might.

I get we hate our halves and our lack of middles. But that's what we've got. It's become conversational. Sack Gus, sack Ciraldo, sack the halves, sack some of the utilities, just sack people, make heaps of changes and we'll win. No we won't. There are no prime middles to buy, no superstar halves.

What we do have are some brilliant juniors and a team that's building slower than anyone likes. I was screaming my head off last week with how many opportunities we bombed. I'll steer cheer for the boys on Friday. We'll getting better at finishing plays and surprise people when we do.

I'm glad we didn't pay $1.4M for moses. He is flattered by his team.

We can't be the club we were by putting superstar players first. Club, team, individual is the Bulldogs way. We were successful with sides full of blokes that understood that and wanted to be part of it. Keep moneybois like moses away from my club please
Great post, totally agree mate. Very few on here expected is to be anywhere higher on the ladder then 12th. That's basically where we are right now, but its round 4, and there are 27 rounds in a season.
There's a bloody long way to go, both for this season, and for our team. And as you said, we are beginning to build and have played much better then we did last year.
If Morrin had have held on to the ball just a fraction longer, we win that game and are 2-2. We also lost fox at half time for the second time this year, and had Morrin sin binned. We have fought really hard in every game this year, and smashed the titans, to nil no less, and we're not far away from putting it all together. We won't be the best attacking team in the comp, but we will get there, and hopefully win more games then we lose.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Hughes plays well but i reckon he has been underwhelming this year. Ive reached that time of the week where I’ve convinced myself that we will win. I smell an upset. Fck the roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.