OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morrin would be good if he was surrounded by a better group of forwards. He has great footwork and tries his guts despite his size. I always wanted Kautoga to start the season because he was good in the trials and provides size compared to Morrin. Yes, you are right. Blessing in disguise.
Morrin actually attacks pretty well because of his speed, how hard he runs and the good lines he picks.. unfortunately he's always good for an error or two.. and last week's happened to be when he was in a scoring position.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
CCs is easy too read, he values fitness and having a go over ability. Unless you are one of 3 or 4 marquees, he will pick those qualities over ability every time. He is trying to build that culture into the playing group. Unfortunately the best players and not necessarily the best trainers and natural ability does count for something. Not picking the best possible team (eg sexton) has cost us at least one maybe 2 wins already this year. It will be interesting how it plays out, the need for wins and playing the best possible team vs keeping his value of work ethic. Also no matter how bizarre the team seems he tends to stick to the 17 named. The starting 13 may change, but the 17 is most likely the 17. Again Edwards has won out by being the fittest and having a go in cup.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CCs is easy too read, he values fitness and having a go over ability. Unless you are one of 3 or 4 marquees, he will pick those qualities over ability every time. He is trying to build that culture into the playing group. Unfortunately the best players and not necessarily the best trainers and natural ability does count for something. Not picking the best possible team (eg sexton) has cost us at least one maybe 2 wins already this year. It will be interesting how it plays out, the need for wins and playing the best possible team vs keeping his value of work ethic. Also no matter how bizarre the team seems he tends to stick to the 17 named. The starting 13 may change, but the 17 is most likely the 17. Again Edwards has won out by being the fittest and having a go in cup.
Exactly. And I think it’s the reason why he persisted so much with perham and okunbur. It’ll be his downfall, cause Hutchinson, Burton and taafe ain’t it. I just hope the rumours around Gus being more involved are true cause that’s the only time this Ciro dude will learn ex him getting the bullet / sack

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we play with the same determination as the last 3 weeks, we will keep it close for the first 50 mins, before it blows out.
1. Hutcho will be too slow to get through any holes and will let in at least 2 tries because he will get run around, which will put pressure on our outside defenders. He will also fuck up at least 2 try scoring opps with the wrong pass option or lack of skill. Answer = give Sexton a crack.
2. Taafe will drop at least 3-4 high balls, 2 will result in us letting a try in due to a build up in pressure and repeat sets, tiring us out eventually. Answer = give Tracey a go at fullback.
3. Salmon will commit at least 3 fucking woeful errors during the game, either preventing us from scoring or letting a try in. Answer = Mann or Curran to 13 and 12 respectively. Salmon back to cup.
I know that these answers may not result in a win. But we are most likely guaranteed a loss with the current three guys in the 13. We know what we will get from them. Ciraldo, take a chance on these other options, I believe you can coach, but you are so fucking stubborn repeatedly picking your pets.
What's the worst that can happen with these changes? We may actually trouble the Roosters with a quicker half, FB that can catch and doesn't get dominated on kick returns and a picking lock that can actually punch through the line and trouble the opposition defense. Who's with me???

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to say we will win because Burton will have a master class but have been hoping for this a while now without any luck. Definitely won’t be having a masterclass but can only dream he grabs the game by the scruff and kicks on. Surely one good game is all he needs to kick out of 1st gear and lead this team!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Edwards is in the team because he earned a spot on the bench as he had an outstanding pre-season. He only missed out because he got injured just before trials. He is now at peak fitness and a spot has opened up on the bench, a chance to reclaim his spot he lost to Morrin/Salmon.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want to say we will win because Burton will have a master class but have been hoping for this a while now without any luck. Definitely won’t be having a masterclass but can only dream he grabs the game by the scruff and kicks on. Surely one good game is all he needs to kick out of 1st gear and lead this team!
Would love for the kid to become aa leader already... no idea how he just became this lost puppy on the field.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont understand how coaches dont use this tactic.

Robbo has to twin towers on his edges who can defuse any shift plays and bombs with their height/length. Why not just roll it in behind the turning slugs and crunch Tedesco every time he goes after it in cover eliminating him and those wingers from the game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton will prove the world is flat before he puts on any master class

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Losing Curran in the middle hurts a lot. We're already shocking there. It sucks to say but if we can lose by less than 20 it's probably a win...

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Losing Curran in the middle hurts a lot. We're already shocking there. It sucks to say but if we can lose by less than 20 it's probably a win...
As long as it isn’t 40+ I’ll take it as a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.