Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So lets forfeit all our games this season eh? We cant win so why turn up?You have a naive opinion of professional sport if you think because a player is off contract at year end and won't resign with the Club because they'd rather test the open market...eg Gerrit Cole Astros SP last season ......or a player has negotiated a deal elsewhere for his next contract that a team won't still pick him as they have to pay him for the current season.
Yeah let’s forfeit the game .....or we could use Tass or someone that is going to be at the club next year that benefits us in the long term instead of Manly.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah let’s forfeit the game .....or we could use Tass or someone that is going to be at the club next year that benefits us in the long term instead of Manly.
It makes more sense to promote players who are staying (if they are on equal or nearly equal value to the team).

If Harper was the next big thing, yeah play him, he will help the team win. But if he is going and we have players staying of same talent, then develop them rather than Morgan.

But if Pay plays Harper then if Wakeham has actually signed elsewhere, Dean should be picking him too under that same criteria.

We dont know the facts or circumstances so...

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't be disappointed if we go down fighting. Hope we can show up in defence and make it difficult for the Rorters.
Key will be shutting down Keary....
hate losing to the rorters anytime I'd be pissed not just merely disappointed

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are in trouble facing that lot. But it will make it that all more sweeter in two years time when we again beat sides and have a production line of young talent comming through in waves

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 500 fans attending the Souths v Titans game? Does that mean we have the same allowance for our game tomorrow?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we play with a bit more cohesion then last week and that we dont implode if we get behind. It would be a miracle to beat them if we get behind. It will be a tall order to beat them anyways if we are in front. We'll need to aggravate them if we are a chance of grinding out a win. Napa should smash Hargreaves early, first opportunity. He's a dirty **** anyway, just lay him out. You know he's going to play dirty against us so Napa should just do the right thing by resting him for a couple of weeks.
No dumb shit, no dumb penalties ( i know, I just said lay out Hargreaves ) try not to force the impossible. Its a shame we dont have Hoppa's experience in the centres but the team did look better last week soo....Id prefer Meany at fullback because we cant play dear in the headlight stuff 10 out from the try line hoping for a Lewis kick to pay off, theyre too good and will attack any grubber (rare for us anyway.)
No easy solutions, I know.
I believe we can beat them. Yes I am delusional.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Why the heck do we have 2 utilities on the bench. Wow, Pay!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The squad has just been updated.

Morgan Harper in at centre
Dean Britt omitted
Brandon Wakeham joins bench

JWH has been ruled out for the chooks with a injury.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The voodoo doll is already working Jared Waerea- Fuckface is gooone....