Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why on earth does pay pick chrichton and wtf is he doing with wakeham he should be on the bench pay fucken kills me

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The report was that the Dogs denied Harper's release for this year but signed at Manly for next year.

If he is going to Manly next year I don't see much point in playing him.
Is this even confirmed? It’s not on the Beagles website (Suli is) and the Silvertails forum is just chat like the Kennel is and the only other reference is the Terrorgraph lumped in with a story about Reynolds and Goodwin. I’m not fussed either way but right now it remains a rumour?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this even confirmed? It’s not on the Beagles website (Suli is) and the Silvertails forum is just chat like the Kennel is and the only other reference is the Terrorgraph lumped in with a story about Reynolds and Goodwin. I’m not fussed either way but right now it remains a rumour?
Yeah it's still a rumour I haven't seen if confirmed anywhere. I'm pretty sure the club would know whats going on and if he is going I don't see the point of getting NRL games into him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can provide the following injury report following the club’s round four clash with the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Kerrod Holland will miss the club’s upcoming match against the Sydney Roosters after picking up a rib cartilage injury in the win over the Dragons. He is expected to only miss a week.

Forward Jesse Sue picked came from the field with an HIA injury on the weekend and returned later in the match. The 28-year old has recovered well since Monday, but will be monitored throughout the week and is expected to take his place in the 17 on Sunday.

Chris Smith continues to recover from surgery he had on his knee and is progressing well. The forward is expected to be back with the main squad over the next 2-3 weeks.

Joe Stimson has started his rehab program as he recovers from season-ending shoulder surgery. The new face to the club in 2020 will see the surgeon this week for a check-up and discuss the next phase of his recover.

Meanwhile Marcelo Montoya (Hamstring) is progressing well with his rehab running and will be looking to return to the main group in 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it's still a rumour I haven't seen if confirmed anywhere. I'm pretty sure the club would know whats going on and if he is going I don't see the point of getting NRL games into him.
But we have such incompetent leadership - how could they possibly know what’s going on?? ;) #KCT263.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was the obvious choice, showed more at centre in one game than Smith has this entire time. Unfortunate that it's up against the Roosters and that he's leaving anyway.
what if
stick with me here
Wakeham in, Lewis to Centre. Then Chrighton off the bench to push Lewis into his true position during the game, lock forward
Pay:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can provide the following injury report following the club’s round four clash with the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Kerrod Holland will miss the club’s upcoming match against the Sydney Roosters after picking up a rib cartilage injury in the win over the Dragons. He is expected to only miss a week.

Forward Jesse Sue picked came from the field with an HIA injury on the weekend and returned later in the match. The 28-year old has recovered well since Monday, but will be monitored throughout the week and is expected to take his place in the 17 on Sunday.

Chris Smith continues to recover from surgery he had on his knee and is progressing well. The forward is expected to be back with the main squad over the next 2-3 weeks.

Joe Stimson has started his rehab program as he recovers from season-ending shoulder surgery. The new face to the club in 2020 will see the surgeon this week for a check-up and discuss the next phase of his recover.

Meanwhile Marcelo Montoya (Hamstring) is progressing well with his rehab running and will be looking to return to the main group in 3-4 weeks.
I dunno about you guys but i am sick of hearing about Marcelo Montoya.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guys, Lewis is not a Centre or Lock put that to bed

He’s barely a 6/7 FFS but if he plays he plays in halves nowhere else

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL - Round 5

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Sydney Roosters

Venue -BankWest Stadium, Parramatta
Time - Kick off 4:05 pm Sunday 14th June
TV Coverage - Nine & Foxsports
Tickets - N/A

Bulldogs

1 Will Hopoate
2 Nick Meaney
3 Reimis Smith
4 Jake Averillo
5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6 Kieran Foran
7 Lachlan Lewis
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 Dylan Napa
11 Josh Jackson
12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13 Adam Elliott

14 Christian Crichton
15 Renouf To’omaga
16 Dean Britt
17 Sauaso Sue

19 Ofahiki Ogden
20 Brandon Wakeham
21 Morgan Harper
22 Jack Cogger

Roosters

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Josh Morris
4. Joseph Manu
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Victor Radley

14. Sam Verrills
15. Isaac Liu
16. Nat Butcher
17. Lindsay Collins

18. Sitili Tupouniua
19. Mitchell Aubusson
20. Ryan Hall
21. Lachlan Lam

Referees: Grant Atkins;Sideline Officials: Peter Gough, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie;

Bulldogs all-time record v Roosters
186 played 86 wins 93 losses 7 draws

Bulldogs record at BankWest Stadium
4 played 3 wins 1 loss

Last meeting
Round 19, 2019 Bulldogs 12 Roosters 20
I really hope our team make it hard for the rorters, no excuse to let just let them stroll over for any easy tries, maybe it's time to show what our team are made of, here's hoping!!!

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Pay plays Harper and he has a brilliant game the club will look like fools for letting him go....if that really is the case.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has signed

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Would have not put a winger on the bench.
Nasheed.