Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cowboys have been average. Only 1 win by 1 point iirc? I didn’t see the whole game but I really don’t see Warriors as a threat. Obviously at home they’re going to be better, but my only concern is their knack of beating us, regardless of where both teams are at.

If you look at our pros and cons so far, we should be too good tbh. We have Reed, they have second choice Lussick. They have the edge in the front row, but our back row is better. We have way more strike in the backline. Halves are on par, depending on the day. Burton could have another great game, SJ could too.

On paper I have no worries whatsoever. Our spine is rock solid and unchanged all season. That will count for a lot. The much cooler conditions will be a welcome change a d I wouldn’t be surprised if we run rampant.
I'm quite happy with the leadup to this game. None of the tipsters have us and we're seen as outsiders for this game. If we approach this game the same way as when we were outsiders 2 weeks ago, I'll be happy.

Warriors look better this year. They played the knights first up but were better against the cowboys. I agree with you, I haven't seen enough to think at our best we can't break the drought over there.

Just need to continue to address those second half lapses...

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
Don’t understand why Okunbor is picked on the bench. Last week at Belmore he wasn’t used. Week prior he got five minutes when the game was over.
He can really only cover wing or Centre. If we had Topine on the bench instead maybe we could have done a better job rotating our middles at Belmore and the tigers wouldn’t have carved us up late in the game.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t understand why Okunbor is picked on the bench. Last week at Belmore he wasn’t used. Week prior he got five minutes when the game was over.
He can really only cover wing or Centre. If we had Topine on the bench instead maybe we could have done a better job rotating our middles at Belmore and the tigers wouldn’t have carved us up late in the game.
If Sutton and Tanner are being monstered in the middle, then Topine will too. He’s no middle and at the moment he’s not going to get an edge spot ahead of Kikau, Preston or RFM so he’ll be another wasted bench spot. Kikau and Preston are playing 80 mins, where does Topine fit ?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have no props yet I think Sutton only played 34 mins last week and King just over 40?

Could be wrong but thought I saw that stat the other day

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
He sounded positive regarding TPJ's progress and current level of fitness, and hasn't been one to put false hope out there in these interviews unlike what Tbaz used to do ("Yeah Flanagan's training well, he is a bit like Nathan Cleary").

The idea of taking our current team and inserting a fit TPJ playing consistently good footy should be exciting. We are already one of the top teams for offloads, and TPJ is the #1 offloader in the whole comp. Yet I'm so used to us being cursed that it feels like he'll will come back and get injured, or play hot and cold where for every 1 good hit or run he'll do, he'll still drop the ball by trying to offload too much. Hopefully there's some on the kennel that are less jaded about his (hopefully) positive return.

Either way, we miss him big time this weekend. If we can just do enough to survive against NZ' forward pack this weekend and eek out a win, then our season is well and truly alive.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
He sounded positive regarding TPJ's progress and current level of fitness, and hasn't been one to put false hope out there in these interviews unlike what Tbaz used to do ("Yeah Flanagan's training well, he is a bit like Nathan Cleary").

The idea of taking our current team and inserting a fit TPJ playing consistently good footy should be exciting. We are already one of the top teams for offloads, and TPJ is the #1 offloader in the whole comp. Yet I'm so used to us being cursed that it feels like he'll will come back and get injured, or play hot and cold where for every 1 good hit or run he'll do, he'll still drop the ball by trying to offload too much. Hopefully there's some on the kennel that are less jaded about his (hopefully) positive return.

Either way, we miss him big time this weekend. If we can just do enough to survive against NZ' forward pack this weekend and eek out a win, then our season is well and truly alive.
TPJ wont be back until round 8 v sharks