Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So what are our early thoughts on the upcoming match, early predictions etc.
Based on our form and thiers, and the fact we are at home, im thinking we will put a big score on them.

Despite having Bennett Knights do not impress me much this year at all so far. They need a lot more time, and Bennett may have bitten off more than he can chew at the Knights. He hasnt had a team this average to coach before. Except for Uate, i wouldnt want any of them playing for us.What say you?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We probably won't smash them...we seem to have trouble with teams like the Knights who we are supposed to smash but end up being close...We lost a game to them with all their origin stars out and we were almost at full strength back in 09..

Should win and win comfortably...

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we finally break the Bennett hoodoo? Been a while since weve beaten a Bennett coached team.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Based on current form ? We should smash the living sh*t out of them. It will resemble a cricket score.

Knights are due a win, but the boys should still beat them given the last two performances.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Seriously, it would be an embarassment to lose to the Knoughts.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Bennett would have sent a rocket up his player's arse for mediocre performances in the first 3 rounds and expects his players to raise their game against us this Sunday.

Not going for an easy victory against them but it will be a very close game

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we will beat them. They look really poor thus far.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
The only way we'll lose this game is if we take the foot off the pedal and put in a 40min (or worse) performance.

We've won our games this season on the back of consistency and intensity. If we go in to this game thinking we only have to show up to win, then we'll get our @sses handed to us.

You'd be stupid to think we won our first 3 games with our eyes shut and 1 hand tied behind our backs. I'd hate to think we've become that arrogant after 3 games. We'll win with more of a "room for improvement" type mindset.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Their side has a few injuries (and more out from the weekend) to key positions.

Gidley is gone already.
Wes Naiqama confirmed after game a knee injury and out for 6 weeks.
Cuthbertson, Uate (hamstring), Mullins (hamstring) all appeared to suffer injuries during the Knights game too.

Consider them down on players, it's a game we can't go cocky into but should not lose.

Naiqama, Mullins and Uate means a competely new right (?) hand side for them.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
The only way we'll lose this game is if we take the foot off the pedal and put in a 40min (or worse) performance.

We've won our games this season on the back of consistency and intensity. If we go in to this game thinking we only have to show up to win, then we'll get our @sses handed to us.

You'd be stupid to think we won our first 3 games with our eyes shut and 1 hand tied behind our backs. I'd hate to think we've become that arrogant after 3 games. We'll win with more of a "room for improvement" type mindset.
Agree with all of that.

But I'm liking what I see ... if we continue this "one game at a time" attitude, we could develop quite a streak.

Their side has a few injuries (and more out from the weekend) to key positions.

Gidley is gone already.
Wes Naiqama confirmed after game a knee injury and out for 6 weeks.
Cuthbertson, Uate (hamstring), Mullins (hamstring) all appeared to suffer injuries during the Knights game too.

Consider them down on players, it's a game we can't go cocky into but should not lose.
Now THIS is good news .... I'd almost declare us morale-eez (ie: morals) ... it's ours to lose.

All we gotta do is start like last week.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My brother-in-law is a major Knights supporter and has been talking the knights up since Tinkler took over. Nothing would be better at the moment then smashing the Knights.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danger game for us on the back of 3 good wins, can't afford to let out guard down

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Danger game for us on the back of 3 good wins, can't afford to let out guard down
If we play like we did yesterday bouncing their sorry arses around ANZ should be a formality next weekend, should be good.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
In the past I would have been worried about us going into the game with the wrong attitude, but we have Des now. He doesnt know the definition of complacent.
I want to see us come out Ruthless, it will be a big crowd, and hopefully another great win!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
My brother-in-law is a major Knights supporter and has been talking the knights up since Tinkler took over. Nothing would be better at the moment then smashing the Knights.
They actually looked better under Rick Stone than they do under the super coach - lol

C

chipandchase

So what are our early thoughts on the upcoming match, early predictions etc.
Based on our form and thiers, and the fact we are at home, im thinking we will put a big score on them.

Despite having Bennett Knights do not impress me much this year at all so far. They need a lot more time, and Bennett may have bitten off more than he can chew at the Knights. He hasnt had a team this average to coach before. Except for Uate, i wouldnt want any of them playing for us.What say you?
thats a big call dog.
id take boyd for sure, class player who can play wing/fullback or 5/8 at a pinch. he is a SOO and Aus rep.
Mullen is a class player who would play halfback, he shiits all over turtle
Uate as you mentioned is a walk up start
none of their fowards but it depends on you talk too ( not dogs fans), Buderus is one of the greats and obviuosly is better than Romelo and Zeb Taia is a player i have alot of time for who id take over halatau.
whilst i think their prop Snowden is severly over rated, he is a rep player, but he imo is not better than what we have and a complete waste of money at $400k a season.

it is a danger game for us, as it seems every team that is struggling or gets beat gets a win the next week. We have had a very hard physical game and plane ride back, i wouldnt be surprised if we are alittle flat this week.
but unlike in previuos years we have a experienced coach who knows what he is doing

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
No easy wins this year (maybe parralols). If we go expecting Newcastle to throw everything at us, then we will play well. If we are expecting to win, just by turning up, we could very well lose.

Based on form, we should be comfortable winners.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No easy wins this year (maybe parralols). If we go expecting Newcastle to throw everything at us, then we will play well. If we are expecting to win, just by turning up, we could very well lose.

Based on form, we should be comfortable winners.
I agree with everything you said there.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i reckon the boys will get up.....3 awesome wins so far this year and i dont see us losing

Status
Not open for further replies.