Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the focus from all will be on Okunbor, and rightly so, this will be won through the middle. I think we have the edge over the Manly forward pack. We just need to keep punching through the middle, late in the first half and second half it should open up through the middle for Dufty, Burton and JAC.

I am tipping a huge game from TPJ. Dogs by 16.
I wish I had your confidence. Manly must be giggling with Okunbor selected again on the wing. Unfortunately like Montoya the guy isn’t up to 1st Grade standard, add in Cummins as ref and the fact they beat us comfortably both times last year. One being 66-0.
Can see us putting in a big effort but that effort will take its toll when we’re penalised out of the game as is so often the case with Cummins. Manly should win comfortably.

Malla

Reaction score
I wish I had your confidence. Manly must be giggling with Okunbor selected again on the wing. Unfortunately like Montoya the guy isn’t up to 1st Grade standard, add in Cummins as ref and the fact they beat us comfortably both times last year. One being 66-0.
Can see us putting in a big effort but that effort will take its toll when we’re penalised out of the game as is so often the case with Cummins. Manly should win comfortably.
Might not be +16 margin, but I think we are in with a huge crack. Based on what their forward pack has dished up the last few weeks, we are a huge chance. Last week Taupau and Keppie had a total of 2 hit ups for 7 metres combined in the first half lol. If we play the way we did against Broncos, obviously finish a couple opportunities, we will run over Manly.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez mate I dont think you can take any notice at all about what happened last year. We are a completely different side.

Also we actually led them at half time 12-10 in the second game.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Manly are last placed
Betting still has them finishing in the top 8, currently 5th. They've played 2 top teams. I do think they're vulnerable but it'd still be a massive upset.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. TK has it in for him. The poor f#ck couldn't get a compliment if he scored 3 solo tries.
NQ do you honestly think that he could possibly score three solo tries?????????? In a game or a season?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the ref didn't gift Tommy T his try when he was struggling to put the ball down after an incredible Hethero effort to hold him up, I'm confident we win that game.

Dogs 13+ to shit on their 'new stadium'. Even if they burned the old stadium down to the Earth's crust, salted the Earth, and rebuilt, it would still be the biggest shit stain in the league. Fuck Manly.
As well as a few other teams gm

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Betting still has them finishing in the top 8, currently 5th. They've played 2 top teams. I do think they're vulnerable but it'd still be a massive upset.
We are priced out of course it will be a massive upset though I just think lots on here, media and so called experts are still viewing us as 2021 version when in reality we are a complete new team

We will find out Sunday

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez mate I dont think you can take any notice at all about what happened last year. We are a completely different side.

Also we actually led them at half time 12-10 in the second game.
Agree we are a far better side than last year and no doubt we can’t be any worse than last year but it takes time for a team to gel with so many new players from a number of different clubs arriving this year and more next year. Signs are positive but my expectations are for us to make the 8 this year.

Finally you’ve got to look at your opposition and they Manly finished top 4 last year and I doubt they’ve lost that much in form when you consider we only won 3 games last year.

Manly haven’t been great in their first 2 rounds but will most likely find their true form against us, especially with the aid of Cummins as ref.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are priced out of course it will be a massive upset though I just think lots on here, media and so called experts are still viewing us as 2021 version when in reality we are a complete new team

We will find out Sunday
yeh agree, facts are manly are or were a top4 team, they have Australian 7 and the best player in the game in turbo. We were wooden spooners and manly openeing up their new oval.
we have been dealt a tough draw but i am hoping we can come away with a win if we play with the effort of last week.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do they do when the forwards get to the opponents 20m line. The bomb is to predictable from our halves.
Burton Jac and Dufty, once they get their mojo will on the back of it all scores us plenty of pies. But comes down to dummy half quick fast service. So I'm hoping anyway.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree we are a far better side than last year and no doubt we can’t be any worse than last year but it takes time for a team to gel with so many new players from a number of different clubs arriving this year and more next year. Signs are positive but my expectations are for us to make the 8 this year.

Finally you’ve got to look at your opposition and they Manly finished top 4 last year and I doubt they’ve lost that much in form when you consider we only won 3 games last year.

Manly haven’t been great in their first 2 rounds but will most likely find their true form against us, especially with the aid of Cummins as ref.
All good.

I don’t think we will win. The odds reflect that. Was just saying that what happened last year shouldn’t really matter.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton Jac and Dufty, once they get their mojo will on the back of it all scores us plenty of pies. But comes down to dummy half quick fast service. So I'm hoping anyway.
Jmk has actually played ok last couple games and so has Waddell. Haven’t seen any improvement by okunbor and averillo. They are the weak links in team

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jmk has actually played ok last couple games and so has Waddell. Haven’t seen any improvement by okunbor and averillo. They are the weak links in team
Agree completely, if we do lose it will be there for sure

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We will find out Sunday
I wonder what the odds would be if Cumstains wasnt reffing us. By that I mean us and not the game.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s hope Naden can pass the ball this weekend. It’s so unusual to JAC not scoring at least every second week. It’s funny our best tried have come down the right not left side hahaba

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a suspicious feeling okunbor and avo will be dropped this weekend…. Let’s see how this ages hahaha