Round 26 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If we have to watch the same old Des-ball against Souths, half of me will be wishing we get knocked out in the first week to prove a point to Des and more so to just get this shit over and done with.
It's really depressing watching these blokes kill what the club was built on with every minute of their dull lifeless footy.

I'd happily eat my words if we go all the way, but with our style at the moment, I'd have better odds growing a third testicle.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So what is everyone doing tonight?
Hiding behind the couch or under a blanket?
I'm going to order a couple of Pizza's and watch the game with Dad and my son Matt.

Matt follows the dogs. But follows Essendon more closely and can't understand what we are carrying on about. Thinks we don't know football pain really is.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Heavy rain this morning, it's going to be a dour game. Not expecting any changes to the desball strategy. Desball = wet weather football

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many dummies are the plodder forwards going to fall for by Cody walker
Especially when super coach keeps fualolo on when he is clearly knackered

They will struggle to get 10k people out there tonight but then the "head in the sand" admin and mngmnt will put it down to bad weather !

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lucky if there's 5k there tonight.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How many dummies are the plodder forwards going to fall for by Cody walker
Especially when super coach keeps fualolo on when he is clearly knackered

They will struggle to get 10k people out there tonight but then the "head in the sand" admin and mngmnt will put it down to bad weather !
OMG how was Fualoto's attemp on Thurston.
How many minutes had he played by then?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was bloody knackered and super dud kept him on for another 15 mins after that which also led to the cows Cohen Hess try
He's got no sense of the game nor does he know how to use his bench correctly
He's a fcuk but of the highest order
I want us to get smashed tonight just so the board can pull their fingers out ASAP

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Short term pain for long term gain!!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the broncos win on thursday this match is a dead rubber. We wouldn't be playing Penrith at pepper stadium anyway, so the home advantage doesn't exist.
why can't they play at Penrith? what a joke.
lol heard on channel nein this arvo that if Canberra finish 2nd they will play their final at Canberra Stadium. Yet if Penrith finish above us they don't get to play at Penrith LOL @ NRL that can't be right..
They call it a "home region final" so basically all teams get to play at home except Sydney teams.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's the way it should be imo. If you win the most games over the regular season, then you are the BEST team in the comp.
I agree.
It also forces teams to at least attempt to perform to their best all season. Rather than resting players, or having "light weeks".
I mean, that's what we pay for right ?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This ^^
We had an awesome roster in 2013 but we lacked team harmony.
This year we have team harmony but lack the roster ..

End of the day both situations cause weak links in the team but the outcome is still the same

We are paying for des' gamble on our team.
Still cannot fathom how someone thinks they can rip the engine out of a Ferrari , replace it with a ford and expect to compete.

Do men get pms?
Yea, we catch it from our wives !

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree.
It also forces teams to at least attempt to perform to their best all season. Rather than resting players, or having "light weeks".
I mean, that's what we pay for right ?
nrl has never structured the competition so that each team play each other twice home and away. The comp even as it is now is not fair. We played parra twice in the space of 4 weeks when they were rorted and newcastle once. People who run the nrl are a joke. They can help teams get to the finals by giving them an easy draw.

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So with the broncos win this is basically a dead rubber.... Unless the cowboys lose and we win by 45+. Any chance they get full to play unrestricted, attacking football in an effort to put a score on souths? #dreamscancometrue

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The minor premiers receive the J.J.Giltinan Shield, before the NRL it was awarded to the premiers.
Doesn't mean shit.
You ever heard of a team bragging about winning the J.J giltinan sheild ??

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't mean shit.
You ever heard of a team bragging about winning the J.J giltinan sheild ??
Yes, I realise this. Just pointing out the name of the shield. Prior to the Winfield cup it was the major prise though.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Need a mbye and reynolds kicking master class tonight for these conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.