Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reed has more creativity than flanno mate. How long did it take him to grab his first try assist?
Reed has 8 only behind grant and brailey ( for number 9s)
1st for 40/20s.
Flanno couldn’t create shit if he was sitting on a toilet.
It took Flanno less than one half to lay on his first assist at hooker. Amazing what he can do when he doesn't have the garden gnome keeping the ball away from him. Not to mention the fact he can tackle. I'd take a hooker who can tackle over one who kicks 40/20s, any day.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gut feeling says we can win this one ..
I’ll be going to the game live to farewell the departing players as well as the deadwood.

Who the hell knows if these duds will be up for a game in front of the home fans. We have to win this game I cannot see us beating Titans away from home.
If they get their fingers out of there asses they win both.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still playing for the future of the club, the sponsors must be fed up.
Gotta put on a strong showing regardless.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It took Flanno less than one half to lay on his first assist at hooker. Amazing what he can do when he doesn't have the garden gnome keeping the ball away from him. Not to mention the fact he can tackle. I'd take a hooker who can tackle over one who kicks 40/20s, any day.
Yeah I just realised who I was talking. No point trying to explain anything to a clueless cahunt

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Flano should take Mahoney's job.,... because Mahoney is appalling.
Really. How so, yes he misses a handful of tackles but he put his body In front not like Burton who let's players get to the outside. Mahoney is playing 80 as our lead defender, as our halfback from dummy half. He is our leader in attack and defence. He is doing to much because there is no one else to assist.
Flanno shouldn't be on the bench he is a 7 in the UK .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Really. How so, yes he misses a handful of tackles but he put his body In front not like Burton who let's players get to the outside. Mahoney is playing 80 as our lead defender, as our halfback from dummy half. He is our leader in attack and defence. He is doing to much because there is no one else to assist.
Flanno shouldn't be on the bench he is a 7 in the UK .
You think it is acceptable for a hooker to miss 10 tackles in a game? Please. He isn't doing any more than should be expected of a hooker and he is doing it a lot worse than most hookers in the competition. He has been appalling.

Flano looks to be a hooker.... and a better one than our overhyped captain. Reed is the one who needs a super league stint.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit man
I have a couple of tickets on the halfway line for free if anyone wants them I got them from foxtel but I live down the gong and can’t make the game DM of you keen
no one wants free tickets haha

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think it is acceptable for a hooker to miss 10 tackles in a game? Please. He isn't doing any more than should be expected of a hooker and he is doing it a lot worse than most hookers in the competition. He has been appalling.

Flano looks to be a hooker.... and a better one than our overhyped captain. Reed is the one who needs a super league stint.
Think we might be seeing more of that embellishment and drama Queen stuff again here, can you point me in the right direction and name the game where he missed 10 tackles please …

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

You know your point about Maloney being shit gets thrown out when you mention flanno is a better hooker. I look forward to next year when you are both gone or do you change your name to buzz or that fucking clown on here. Nasheed makes more sense than you.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Think we might be seeing more of that embellishment and drama Queen stuff again here, can you point me in the right direction and name the game where he missed 10 tackles please …
Lol NRL stats now saying he missed 9 against Canberra on the weekend. They attributed 10 to him just a few days ago. Maybe they took one off his total because they felt bad for him. Or maybe they incorrectly attributed one of the tackles earlier… either way, 9 or 10, not much difference. Still shocking numbers.

Pretty sure he clocked up 10 misses against the cowboys earlier this year too. His defence is atrocious. Your eyes must be painted on if you can’t see it, lafam.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol NRL stats now saying he missed 9 against Canberra on the weekend. They attributed 10 to him just a few days ago. Maybe they took one off his total because they felt bad for him. Or maybe they incorrectly attributed one of the tackles earlier… either way, 9 or 10, not much difference. Still shocking numbers.

Pretty sure he clocked up 10 misses against the cowboys earlier this year too. His defence is atrocious. Your eyes must be painted on if you can’t see it, lafam.
So there’s 2 possibilities here ..

1) you enjoy picking on this player and pointing out his faults.
2) the way you harp on about it you’re just a very concerned fan.

I see you can easily list Mahoney’s missed tackle stats without looking it up … possible actions a someone that loves pointing out the players faults ..

If you’re just a concerned fan, you should also be able to list his best tackle count without looking it up, because a concerned fan would look for both the good and bad points in a player and weigh them up …

We’ll never be able to prove whether you know both stats without looking them up, but you’ll know which one you truely are.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So there’s 2 possibilities here ..

1) you enjoy picking on this player and pointing out his faults.
2) the way you harp on about it you’re just a very concerned fan.

I see you can easily list Mahoney’s missed tackle stats without looking it up … possible actions a someone that loves pointing out the players faults ..

If you’re just a concerned fan, you should also be able to list his best tackle count without looking it up, because a concerned fan would look for both the good and bad points in a player and weigh them up …

We’ll never be able to prove whether you know both stats without looking them up, but you’ll know which one you truely are.
Look around you...there are a lot of people pointing out his faults. More and more people are starting to see things my way, because he was signed on big money and is not performing up to standard, in attack or defence. Meanwhile we let a better hooker go when we could have kept him for less money than it cost us to buy Reed. That is indicative of bad decision making by the club.

I'm a fan of the club. Not a fan of Cameron Ciraldo, not a fan of Phil Gould and not a fan of Reed Mahoney. If I think a coach or player are no good for the place, I won't shy away from voicing my opinion. I feel that way about Ciraldo and Reed.... haven't given up completely on Gus yet, but the more time goes by, the more I find myself doubting him, especially given his recent change of narrative.

Why would I worry about his best game? What you want from a player is consistency, and Reed's defence has been bad more often than not. It's why he is leading the league for missed tackles and averaging over 5 misses per game. I expect more of a club captain who is on $750k...and think I have every right to.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look around you...there are a lot of people pointing out his faults. More and more people are starting to see things my way, because he was signed on big money and is not performing up to standard, in attack or defence. Meanwhile we let a better hooker go when we could have kept him for less money than it cost us to buy Reed. That is indicative of bad decision making by the club.

I'm a fan of the club. Not a fan of Cameron Ciraldo, not a fan of Phil Gould and not a fan of Reed Mahoney. If I think a coach or player are no good for the place, I won't shy away from voicing my opinion. I feel that way about Ciraldo and Reed.... haven't given up completely on Gus yet, but the more time goes by, the more I find myself doubting him, especially given his recent change of narrative.

Why would I worry about his best game? What you want from a player is consistency, and Reed's defence has been bad more often than not. It's why he is leading the league for missed tackles and averaging over 5 misses per game. I expect more of a club captain who is on $750k...and think I have every right to.
Well one thing you can’t deny is, you’ve seen with the right forwards and committed players around around him that he can lead a team to a GF in the 9 jersey .. so not to rain on your parade … but he’s proven he’s a lot better than what he’s shown with us this season … so I’m not ready to throw him in the scrap bin just yet .. I’m waiting till he has a pack that actually dominates a games and goes forward before making judgement .. Mahoney with the likes of O’Meley, Mason, Ryan, Asotasi taking us forward would be playing representative football ..

You didn’t know what his best tackle count was without looking it up did you?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well one thing you can’t deny is, you’ve seen with the right forwards and committed players around around him that he can lead a team to a GF in the 9 jersey .. so not to rain on your parade … but he’s proven he’s a lot better than what he’s shown with us this season … so I’m not ready to throw him in the scrap bin just yet .. I’m waiting till he has a pack that actually dominates a games and goes forward before making judgement .. Mahoney with the likes of O’Meley, Mason, Ryan, Asotasi taking us forward would be playing representative football ..

You didn’t know what his best tackle count was without looking it up did you?
Why should I? His good defensive days are the exception, not the rule.

He goes ok with good players around him, but he is not a franchise player and is not what we needed. Also, Parra had plenty of more important players who got them to that grand final. Reed was never among their best. He's an ok, middle of the road hooker with sus defence. Downgrade on jmk.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okunbor, Pele and TPJ gone. Move on Flanno next. Imagine a side containing all 4, I don't have to we are coming close to last. Gus needs to do better, our current side could be
1. Pehram
2. Skelton
3. Alamoti
4. Burns
5. Wilson
6. KO
7. Flanno
8. TPJ
9. Reynolds
10. Pele
11. Waddell
12. Okunbor
13. Sutton
14. Rajab
15. Topine
16. Brown
17. Tanner

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really baffling given they are a top heavy club (Tommy, Jake and DCE) all on over 1M. Next year they'll have Brooks.

With a good hooker, they could be a good team but giving away big money on Shuster just kills their spending ability in that position. You can't win titles with guys like Lachlan Croker or Matt Ballin.
Matt Ballin scored a try in grand final when they won 40 to nil