Round 23 - Dogs Press Conference (feat Lewis).

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
at least we do have some enthusiasm in the team again. This has been missing for a long time.
Yeah.Good to see. All the players like playing for Dean Pay. Hes a players coach. Such an improvement on what we have had for the past few years.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis is is showing maturity beyond his years, the shining light has shown.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does Lewis remind anyone of Josh "Passion" Reynolds, just with a cooler head and more skills?

his positional play in defence reminds me of JT, especially cleaning up kicks at the back, he has a good knack for knowing where the ball is going

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A fun presser ;what a change. Spoke to Lachie after the game and when mentioned the fact that we wanted him for life his exact words were. "Well that is the plan" A great kid who loves his footy and he loves the Dogs. Was a bit over awed with the attention but was most accommodating to the fans who of course wanted plenty of pics and autographs. Even came back after he had finished the interview with Steve Turner on the side line to catch up with kids who missed out earlier.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I'm liking everything about this kid more and more. Has the potential and skills to be a star and has a great attitude to go with it.

For a young bloke he talks well too and those facial expressions he was pulling were hilarious. Nice to see him and Pay working close together on his game.
You do expect a coach to get into the mind of a youngster and shape the way he relates to the game. Pay is doing this where it matters and he seems to be doing a lot of it. Hasler didn't seem to give a shit.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to question Pay as a coach just have a look and listen to the respect Lewis and I'm sure the rest of the players have for him. Looking from the outside we know shit about what goes on internally and for so called fans to question his tactics and ability know Jack shit
yeah but bench rotation :tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gives me confidence moving forward if the coach and young guns have this kind of relationship , things should improve next year and beyond , can’t wait
But his a shit coach... According to some. :smirk:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This kid is a star on and off the field. Good mix of confidence and respect. He can be anything, I just hope he stays in a Bulldogs jersey
That's my only fear hey... Can see the Gronkos jumping at Lewis. Hopefully he stays honourable and stix with the dogs.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
his positional play in defence reminds me of JT, especially cleaning up kicks at the back, he has a good knack for knowing where the ball is going
Literally comparing him to one of the worst defensive halves in the competition?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone want to question Pay as a coach just have a look and listen to the respect Lewis and I'm sure the rest of the players have for him. Looking from the outside we know shit about what goes on internally and for so called fans to question his tactics and ability know Jack shit
You didn’t just hit the nail on the head there with that post, you actually smashed the nail on the head!

It’s so true, you have guys like Dean Pay growing up with footy, being coached by some great coaches, becoming an assistant coach under Ricky, under Craig Bellamy, being in charge of the NSW under 20’s, eating, drinking, and shitting footy all there lives and then you get some knuckle heads on this forum who think they can coach better than Pay because he doesn’t rotate his bench the way THEY want. All of a sudden he becomes a shit coach in their eyes.

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, we are so bloody lucky some knuckle heads on this forum don’t coach the dogs. Thank goodness for that.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah.Good to see. All the players like playing for Dean Pay. Hes a players coach. Such an improvement on what we have had for the past few years.
Please man, can you remember what we had to watch for 5 years. It was disgusting! It hurt my eyes.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But his a shit coach... According to some. :smirk:
That’s right he’s a shit coach because he’s untried and they won’t give him a go. Some are still bum hurt from the super league days because he played for Parra. Some don’t like Ricky Stuart , so they don’t like Pay because Pay and Ricky are mates.

So what they’ll do, they’ll start to point out that’s he’s a shit coach because he gave Tolman too many minutes and didn’t give Ogden enough minutes to cover their real reasons why they don’t like him. And they fail to see the culture he’s building and the way he’s making players play for the jersey.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s right he’s a shit coach because he’s untried and they won’t give him a go. Some are still bum hurt from the super league days because he played for Parra. Some don’t like Ricky Stuart , so they don’t like Pay because Pay and Ricky are mates.

So what they’ll do, they’ll start to point out that’s he’s a shit coach because he gave Tolman too many minutes and didn’t give Ogden enough minutes to cover their real reasons why they don’t like him. And they fail to see the culture he’s building and the way he’s making players play for the jersey.
Totally agree there are definitely agendas ... Also don't rule out the fact that some people are just miserable, and want everyone else to be miserable too.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do expect a coach to get into the mind of a youngster and shape the way he relates to the game. Pay is doing this where it matters and he seems to be doing a lot of it. Hasler didn't seem to give a shit.
He had that 500k a year mind doctor to do that for hasler what was his name again John Novak.........

Status
Not open for further replies.