Round 23 Crowd Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As I live in Melbourne, I don't get many chances to attend Bulldogs games.

About a month or so ago I bought tickets and flights so I can fly up and meet old man to see Dogs Vs Eels this Friday.

I chose this game as both teams have a large supporter base, the Bulldogs were doing well, and the Eels were doing a lot better than in more recently years. I thought it might be a game for us to consolidate a top 4 finish, and a game for the Eels to influence if or where they would be come finals time.

Now I'm going to a game where both team's finals hopes are on the line.

So, what I'm wondering is, should I still expect a decent turn out, crowd wise, for the game considering the Dogs poor form of late, and Parra are just outside the 8?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it will be a decent crowd. Eels fans come out of their dungeons when their team wins games. Plus it's an extremely important game for us.

I'd say a crowd towards 30,000 is achievable if weather holds up.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it will be lucky to get to 20K Kimi, there are a lot of disgruntled Bulldogs supporters around at the moment. Hope you have a great night and enjoy your stay in Sydney.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it will be lucky to get to 20K Kimi, there are a lot of disgruntled Bulldogs supporters around at the moment. Hope you have a great night and enjoy your stay in Sydney.
Cheers mate, and good pick-up on the name ;)

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Id say that there will be plenty more eels supporters there.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think it will be about 23k, 8k Dogs fans and 15k Parra fans.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I concur with assassin.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be attending this game just hoping the atmosphere will be decent for once haven't been to many games because of how dull it can get

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL crowds a embarrassing these days, sadly.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
With current form we will be lucky to hit 20,000 imo

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When suncorp could only get 28, 000 on friday night for the block buster between dogs and broncos , specially when broncos season is on the line..... would be lucky to get 15, 000 at anz for eels v dogs.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When suncorp could only get 28, 000 on friday night for the block buster between dogs and broncos , specially when broncos season is on the line..... would be lucky to get 15, 000 at anz for eels v dogs.
I think this is pretty spot on - for Nth Qld game we got about 9k at Anz so I would say 15-18 this game, couldnt see many more than that on a Fri night.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
50000 with a 50 50 split , had 70000 2009
for some reason bulldogs crowds have dropped drastically. Since 2000 we have had the second biggest crowd attendencies after Brisbane and I think we have averaged about 25 thousand.

I've noticed slowly slowly over the last few years people losing a little interest crowds at dogs games this year have been shocking.

even bumping into people I use to see at games 7-8 years ago don't even really follow the team anymore so something must be wrong maybe the atmosphere has been going down hill? Maybe it's the shoulder charge or maybe the cheer leaders.

all I know is something is wrong

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
for some reason bulldogs crowds have dropped drastically. Since 2000 we have had the second biggest crowd attendencies after Brisbane and I think we have averaged about 25 thousand.

I've noticed slowly slowly over the last few years people losing a little interest crowds at dogs games this year have been shocking.

even bumping into people I use to see at games 7-8 years ago don't even really follow the team anymore so something must be wrong maybe the atmosphere has been going down hill? Maybe it's the shoulder charge or maybe the cheer leaders.

I am guilty of staying home a few times lately.

1: Not really impressed with how we are playing
2: It's been really cold
3: Live on tv
4: Atmosphere at empty ANZ sucks balls

I'll be going on Friday though, and going with Eels fans. God damn I hope we win. I am sick to death of having my weekends ruined by our boys playing like shit. I don't even mind losing, but I do mind losing like we have been.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Probably a few factors which have caused it. In my opinion prices are the biggest issue whether membership or going to one off games. If you add parking and food it adds up. Then you have tv and coverage getting better so for many people it's not worth going - I've only been to one game this year and I used to go alot more.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Ticket prices and membership increase $$$,
2. They wont let u sit where u want even though 9/10 they are empty seats
3. Anz stadium is a joke of a stadium, its even ugly to look at
4. Food prices, need a loan just to buy a drink chips and meat pie
5. Nrl is a corrupt, incompetent, greedy, biased shadow of an organistaion
6. Not enough sunday arvo games for familys in winter cold
7. Teams going shithouse and on the decline
8. Plenty of disgruntled supporters still filthy that we cant attract a decent fullbk
9. No cheerleader
10. Parking is a joke

i could go on if i wanted to but that just about sums it up in my oponion kimi boi

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did i upset someone with cold hard facts did i or do the nrl have a member on here ? ^^^

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it might also have something to do with people feeling more and more disheartened with each year that passes without a Dogs Premiership. Attending games can be financially, physically and mentally draining when results don't go your way over a number of years.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it might also have something to do with people feeling more and more disheartened with each year that passes without a Dogs Premiership. Attending games can be financially, physically and mentally draining when results don't go your way over a number of years.
Those 'fans' need to suck it up. We are one of the most successful clubs, in the finals more often than not, win more games than we lose and have had great players and great performances over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.