Official Round 22 Bulldogs V Warriors - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the "milking strip" situations all the ref has to do is call for the stripped player to play the ball, same as they do now if something happens after they have called held. Not that farkin hard.

Always a Bulldog
Yeah, but the referee has to know it is a 'milking strip' meaning if they dont see it the bunker has to let them know...and I love your terminology for that

The process of gently but firmly removing three to four streams of milk from each teat before milking is known as ‘stripping’

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am unsure about most supporters.

I am glad Barrett has stuck to his guns and not given into the greedy fans that just want wins.

if we had won maybe 2 or 3 more games this year most fans would have been happy and called for shit players like Craptoa, Hoppa and Napa to be re signed.

Just look at those people calling for Pay to be coach because we finished 15th and had 2 more wins.

with Barrett allowing the team to dig thier own shithole deeper. it is much easier to move players on at the end of the year.

next year will be a new year with a new team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am unsure about most supporters.

I am glad Barrett has stuck to his guns and not given into the greedy fans that just want wins.

if we had won maybe 2 or 3 more games this year most fans would have been happy and called for shit players like Craptoa, Hoppa and Napa to be re signed.

Just look at those people calling for Pay to be coach because we finished 15th and had 2 more wins.

with Barrett allowing the team to dig thier own shithole deeper. it is much easier to move players on at the end of the year.

next year will be a new year with a new team.
Next year will be the same shit results, Trent has absolutely nothing.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really think we need to think for the future now specially behind the scenes next year we neee a defensive coach ASAP

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or worse still the inclusion of Burton, JAC, Vaughn and TPJ drag us up to win 30-40 % of our games ( Barrett's highest average ever) and the same boofheads that want to give him more time, will say "hang in there, he just needs more time...lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunno about a trot but it is so blatantly obvious that Avo is not a 7 and BBO is wasted at 6.

It's shades of stubborn Des persisting with dumb selections and unworkable game plans to the team's detriment.

It can't go on.

Gus must see it surely or are we all supposed to just give up and accept this is the best to expect?

Just woeful and not acceptable.
I agree but still maintain that if baily controls our end of sets and ruck in that game yesterday we win easily. He is the only player we have with the ability to play what's in front and create time and space for our outside backs, He's also the only player we have that has the foresight to build pressure on a defensive line with repeat sets. Baily needs the remaining games we have at 7 to prepare and get some experience for next year but I fear that Trent isn't a smart enough coach to see that, not hooking katoa yesterday was the final nail for mine.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree but still maintain that if baily controls our end of sets and ruck in that game yesterday we win easily. He is the only player we have with the ability to play what's in front and create time and space for our outside backs, He's also the only player we have that has the foresight to build pressure on a defensive line with repeat sets. Baily needs the remaining games we have at 7 to prepare and get some experience for next year but I fear that Trent isn't a smart enough coach to see that, not hooking katoa yesterday was the final nail for mine.
Agree totally with this 72.

Barrett is a numbskull persisting with his selections and tactics.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He did hook him .

A coach doesn’t know a player is going to be that I’ll disciplined and in hindsight cost us the match .

Any one could be a coach in hindsight but it’s the simple fact of truth .

We do not have the players . Blame the coach all you want but when you have a spine of Meaney , Averillo , BBO and JMK you’re not going to be scoring too many points .

Defense has been a big issue but again I lay blame to our players , we don’t dominate enough in forward s and we lose control of the ruck way too often.
It’s the reason why we’re always getting hammered in penalties and restarts because we put that extra effort to try control the ruck.

Our centres have no punch or strike , our second towers don’t lose a threat
There’s just no creativity from dummy half especially in the opposition 20
Averillo is not NRL standard at the moment ,certainly not a half

So tell me , how does a coach fix those issues ?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol so you are saying that Trent didn't know katoa was an ill disciplined shit dummy half until yesterday?? Things are worse than I thought lol. And while I agree our roster is shit, Name one player from our 30 that has been consistent nrl standard week in week out? That's a coaching issue. I wanted Trent to succeed as much as the next bloke mate but the writing is on the wall, if we don't win three of our first five games next year he's cooked.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the loan players stay this week for Newcastle game might have a decent pack of forwards - Thomson Topine or BBO(no JMK) James Elliot Waddel (played much better recently) Jackson Horsborough AVA Patolo

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If the loan players stay this week for Newcastle game might have a decent pack of forwards - Thomson Topine or BBO(no JMK) James Elliot Waddel (played much better recently) Jackson Horsborough AVA Patolo
Daniel Saifiti wins the Knights the forward pack alone. His brother's not too far behind him. Frizell, Barnett, Watson. I don't think we're even close. Thompson suspended still isn't he? At this rate Baz will play a back in the forwards before giving Topine a run...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Daniel Saifiti wins the Knights the forward pack alone. His brother's not too far behind him. Frizell, Barnett, Watson. I don't think we're even close. Thompson suspended still isn't he? At this rate Baz will play a back in the forwards before giving Topine a run...
Not saying the dogs will win - even if Safiti doesnt play (hurt his knee yesterday) but on paper the dogs pack looks competitive - i thought Thomson was back this week.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thommo is back this week
He picked up the suspension in round 20. He failed at the judiciary which made it a 3 game suspension. He's currently served 2 games (I think?).

My bad was round 19! Back this week. That's a big in but I can't see much changing unfortunately.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not Trent that bothers me.
it is the players with absolutely no Footy smarts.

Elliot celebrates like a fucking goose 3ven tho he was held up over the line.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its not Trent that bothers me.
it is the players with absolutely no Footy smarts.

Elliot celebrates like a fucking goose 3ven tho he was held up over the line.
They all bother me.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What Topine going to do though? He’s closer to a back than a forward. He gets slaughtered when he plays first grade. He is hanging on for dear life when he gets run over

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What Topine going to do though? He’s closer to a back than a forward. He gets slaughtered when he plays first grade. He is hanging on for dear life when he gets run over
at least he hangs on - but yes he needs some size to get to fg standard or become full time 9

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did hook him .

A coach doesn’t know a player is going to be that I’ll disciplined and in hindsight cost us the match .

Any one could be a coach in hindsight but it’s the simple fact of truth .

We do not have the players . Blame the coach all you want but when you have a spine of Meaney , Averillo , BBO and JMK you’re not going to be scoring too many points .

Defense has been a big issue but again I lay blame to our players , we don’t dominate enough in forward s and we lose control of the ruck way too often.
It’s the reason why we’re always getting hammered in penalties and restarts because we put that extra effort to try control the ruck.

Our centres have no punch or strike , our second towers don’t lose a threat
There’s just no creativity from dummy half especially in the opposition 20
Averillo is not NRL standard at the moment ,certainly not a half

So tell me , how does a coach fix those issues ?
He doesn't!
You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear no matter who you are.