Round 20- non bulldogs games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unbelievable score in the Beagles vs. Drag queens game. Drags still blew to a degree the 30-0 score line they held at half time. Lopsided possession 57-43 percent favour of Dragons and poor completion by Manly.......Manly missed an absolute stack of tackles ( Dragons nearly 40% better in that department) and were very out of sorts.

Dragons being playing like busteds and Manly now drop to 6th. One thing it has done is put a place in the top eight out of Parramatta reach for this week at least due to a good for and against boost for the Dragons.
Wtf I just saw the score lol how's dragons manage that. They've been playing shit. Manly must have let em win

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't watch the Canberra game, seen the post match though.
From what you guys have posted, sounds like the refs were trying to help the Raiders, which is hard to believe when it's against Melb of all teams!
Regardless of how it went down, I was actually happy for once watching Ricky go on his usual rant.
Usually it's just a dummy spit, but he made some excellent points this time around that applies to the nrl and referees in general.

Everyone else is accountable except for the ones who make the rule and enforce them which seems a lot like a dictatorship more than anything.
Refs should be grilled every week about dodgy calls live in front of the cameras. Not hide behind Archer and his bullshit "yes that was a mistake.. too bad it doesn't mean shit now and it cost a team 2points or their season" excuse every bloody week.

Also seen the hit on Slater, I hate the grub, but looking at it from a completely biased point, everything looks so much worse in slow mo. In normal speed, that would have been just like every other hit that happens on every player week in, week out. If Slater was standing and at his normal height, that arm would have hit him around the arm/shoulder and we wouldn't have thought about it twice.

You can't penalise players when they're commited to a tackle and the opposition player falls into the tackle and lowers their body last second. It's fucking ridiculous.

Morris was awarded a try the other night after being caught high as he fell. I thought that was absolute bullshit too. The more they piss around with the rules every year, the more they throw logic and common sense put the window.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wtf I just saw the score lol how's dragons manage that. They've been playing shit. Manly must have let em win
Manly were down to 12 at one stage and scored during that time, lol. Got back to 30-22....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lolohea is a such a fat shit ****.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Fucking lol at brooks tripping! Reynolds will fit in well there next year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They're going to tag team and take out a leg each.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dumb play indeed. Don't think that the boys play well together anymore and that the parting of the ways may not have been completely amicable... Brain snap of major proportions and killed any minute chance the Tigpies might have had.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lolohea, Reynolds and Brooks must be the dumbest 1,6,7 will be the dumbest spine in the comp

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched the Slater hit.. absolutely noting in it and shouldn't have even gone on report. Penalty sufficient.

Slater slips and falls into the tackle, and Sia was already committed to the tackle.

If anything for KO'ing that smug little bastard he should get a pay rise....

Sleep well Slater!!
Log off you idiot

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also seen the hit on Slater, I hate the grub, but looking at it from a completely biased point, everything looks so much worse in slow mo. In normal speed, that would have been just like every other hit that happens on every player week in, week out. If Slater was standing and at his normal height, that arm would have hit him around the arm/shoulder and we wouldn't have thought about it twice.

You can't penalise players when they're commited to a tackle and the opposition player falls into the tackle and lowers their body last second. It's fucking ridiculous.
I felt the same way.

What was he supposed to , adjust to fit in with Slater falling?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I felt the same way.

What was he supposed to , adjust to fit in with Slater falling?
I have not watched that incident so in reality cannot comment on it fairly or objectively.( Slater has done his fair share of grubby things over the years though and it still defies belief that he was allowed to get away with the kick to Klemmers head, but I shall stop digressing from my first comment.)

Kevvie Walters however, did, and on the BSB today he gave the refs an absolute roasting stating that Soliola should have been dismissed for the tackle, not just put on report and that perhaps he should be looking a t a five- six week suspension. Honestly guys in the overall scheme of things was it that bad?

Players are penalized during the season for tackles that in the normal scheme of things would have been good except the tackled player was falling, off balance etc. something that is pure chance and cannot be factored into the tacklers decision.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have not watched that incident so in reality cannot comment on it fairly or objectively.( Slater has done his fair share of grubby things over the years though and it still defies belief that he was allowed to get away with the kick to Klemmers head, but I shall stop digressing from my first comment.)

Kevvie Walters however, did, and on the BSB today he gave the refs an absolute roasting stating that Soliola should have been dismissed for the tackle, not just put on report and that perhaps he should be looking a t a five- six week suspension. Honestly guys in the overall scheme of things was it that bad?

Players are penalized during the season for tackles that in the normal scheme of things would have been good except the tackled player was falling, off balance etc. something that is pure chance and cannot be factored into the tacklers decision.
Yesterday arvo on MMM most of the people on the show (Girdler, Bill Harrigan Tallis etc) said he should have been sent off as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yesterday arvo on MMM most of the people on the show (Girdler, Bill Harrigan Tallis etc) said he should have been sent off as well.
He should of been sent off imo. He hit him late and went straight through his head. If you want to hit someone late and they slip then bad luck.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Yes it was bad. It was late (also had time to pull out) and he purposely swung his arm into slater.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Dragons started playing like they did in the start of the season with a lot of 2nd phase play and lots of support runners, something we never do.
Our support players stand behind the tackled player in groups of 3 and 4 waiting for the tackle to be complete and looking around....just like the U6's.
This is why we couldn't score 52pts in 5 games, let alone 1 game.

Funny that we beat the Dragons, get analed by Manly (36-0) and the Dragons anal Manly.....where is the logic?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes it was bad. It was late (also had time to pull out) and he purposely swung his arm into slater.
That seems to gel with the general consensus of things. Not surprised as Soliola sails pretty close to the wind at times just like his team mate Joseph Tapine who loves to come in late to drive into the back or ribs or opposition players who are already held upright in tackles by his team mates ( did it two or three times when we played them earlier this year) and Papali who still does not realise that shoulder charges are banned.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That seems to gel with the general consensus of things. Not surprised as Soliola sails pretty close to the wind at times just like his team mate Joseph Tapine who loves to come in late to drive into the back or ribs or opposition players who are already held upright in tackles by his team mates ( did it two or three times when we played them earlier this year) and Papali who still does not realise that shoulder charges are banned.
Yeah Tapine is just a young hot-headed bloke. Good player but gets caught up in all the chat on the field and reacts.

Soliola, yep he's been like this for ages. His hit on Slater was pretty bad. Slater fell, but that shouldn't factor into the degree of punishment. The thing is he could of pulled out. Soliola cocked his arm back AFTER slater passed the ball, and then swung it into him, and contacted his head

Status
Not open for further replies.