Official Round 20 Bulldogs V Titans (Monday 6pm) - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think they take previous suspensions into consideration, therefore carry over points....
He started the year sitting on the sideline for 4 weeks. This now makes 7 weeks out for this year...that's nearly a third of your season.
true but if anything his hit on brailey was only worthy of a grade 1 at best which would of been a fine

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Our attack is so broken. Halfback is rarely taking the ball to the line with the 5/8 or fullback out the back in support, I just don't get it. I was watching some Storm analysis and these ***** are fucking running perfectly timed plays with their entire spine bunched together all in active roles.

Hughes gets the ball straight from the dh and he immediately runs directly at the defence with runners in support....meanwhile at Belmore our spine doesn't even know each other, halfback gets the ball and he's running across field looking for runners. It fucking kills me.
I feel you bro it fucking kills me too. Even when we do pull some shit off we look so clunky and disjointed. We look completely lost out there at times.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I feel you bro it fucking kills me too. Even when we do pull some shit off we look so clunky and disjointed. We look completely lost out there at times.
It's too complicated and no one is doing what's required of them. Too slow in transition, no one running the right lines, halves not making the right decisions, etc.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
How many times will flanno be run over by fifita and Tino? I am saying double digits for sure.

DirtyDog72

Waterboy
Reaction score
How does Averillo get a run before Lewis, his kicking game when we were on the attack and applying pressure last week, was school boy standard at best, Lewis & Flanno have played together with Mounties, surely that has to be our best combination.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sunday arvo dry track against the Titans... 40 niler on tha way...

Im nodding off, somebody wake me up in 2022.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does Averillo get a run before Lewis, his kicking game when we were on the attack and applying pressure last week, was school boy standard at best, Lewis & Flanno have played together with Mounties, surely that has to be our best combination.
Everyone has a different opinion when it comes to our halves.
The season is nearly over and the fact is Lewis could have played his last game in blue & white.
I suspect an announcement will be made very soon to coincide with the last round .
This applies to a few others in the team which won’t be extended.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The season is nearly over and the fact is Lewis could have played his last game in blue & white.
I suspect an announcement will be made very soon to coincide with the last round .
Yep exactly. We are planning for next year and 100% Lewis won’t be here.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I like giving Allan a shot at FB for the rest of the year, its why we signed him and he had a disrupted preseason and seemed to be out of condition. Will be good to see how he goes now he should be match fit. Confused about Flanno though? Has not played in 6 or so weeks will be lacking match fitness and Thommo is suspended so we will be on the backfoot. Maybe now Thomo is out he will drop out?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our attack is so broken. Halfback is rarely taking the ball to the line with the 5/8 or fullback out the back in support, I just don't get it. I was watching some Storm analysis and these ***** are fucking running perfectly timed plays with their entire spine bunched together all in active roles.

Hughes gets the ball straight from the dh and he immediately runs directly at the defence with runners in support....meanwhile at Belmore our spine doesn't even know each other, halfback gets the ball and he's running across field looking for runners. It fucking kills me.
You are correct - halves need to run straight, particularyly with the new rules -speed off the mark ina straight line with another runner off the shoulder - jogging across field looking fora runner wont do much with new rules

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's too complicated and no one is doing what's required of them. Too slow in transition, no one running the right lines, halves not making the right decisions, etc.
Hence why i cant wait for Burton... And probably why JMK isnt working as a rake.

Burton has a voice, plenty of leadership about him just need to get the kid halves smart which is probably why you keep repeating the fact we need a seasoned half next to him.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
true but if anything his hit on brailey was only worthy of a grade 1 at best which would of been a fine
& @XR6T which makes the determination of the eye gouge even more of a joke. One bad decision by the judiciary can have serious consequences down the line. Even James Tamou said he was trying to get a penalty. He is now on my list of most hated NRL players

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo probably needs a rest. It's been a long season for the young bloke & it looks like it's taking it's toll on him.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you are probably right but I think Averillo needs a rest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are correct - halves need to run straight, particularyly with the new rules -speed off the mark ina straight line with another runner off the shoulder - jogging across field looking fora runner wont do much with new rules
It's why the Storm are so far ahead of anyone else, they play fast and react fast. Munster, Hughes, Hynes, Smith, Paps, Grant...they literally have 6 players who are absolute guns and are always thinking run first rather than trying to be cute with a pass. They also aren't reliant on a single player (they do have a lot of good ones tbf), one or two can have an off day and they still role through the opposition without their system falling apart.

Meanwhile at Belmore our best ball runner doesn't even run the ball, it's beyond stupid. I will never understand why Baz has persisted with this style. You literally just have have to have players running at the defenders to create. Like you said a player running to the line with another off his shoulder is pretty much the basics of today's game as it applies pressure on multiple defenders and forces them to make a quick decision. Just a simple play like that opens up countless opportunities to attack. Someone reacts slowly, someone makes the wrong decision, someone gets isolated, etc. But hey, we're probably better off having Jake drift across field at 10% pace looking for runners and just letting the defence have all the time in the world to make easy decisions..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hence why i cant wait for Burton... And probably why JMK isnt working as a rake.

Burton has a voice, plenty of leadership about him just need to get the kid halves smart which is probably why you keep repeating the fact we need a seasoned half next to him.
Burton isn't going to fix our problems, he isn't anywhere near an established half and has fuck all experience leading a side around in the top grade in that role. He will make a difference and open up more opportunities for us but Baz is the one that really needs to get things right.